This command instructs a ship to break up or destroy rocks.
- The ship will either break rocks if it has Fight Software Mk1. This behaviour can be changed to destroy all rocks if Fight Software Mk2 is installed.
- Rocks can be broken or destroyed both in and out of sector
- The ship will first uses its scanner to search for rocks. If no suitable ones are found then it will check for any within satellite range. If it still cannot final any then it will execute a random search of the sector.
- Turret with greatest fire power is used.
- If the ship collides with a rock then it will wait for its shield to recharge before continuing.
- Pilot fees charged per game hour:
- TS/TP 400 Cr
- M5 200 Cr
- M4 600 Cr
- M3 1000 Cr
- M6/M7/TL 2000 Cr
- M1/M2 10000 Cr
- If the player cannot pay then the pilot waits 10-20 minutes
- Satellite deployment. The ship will check if the rocks it finds are outside of satellite coverage. If they are then it will deploy an on-board satellite. The ship will not purchase or load satellites, the player has to stock the ship.
- Seeks out navigational beacons deployed by mobile mining ships and breaks rocks near it (symbiotic action).
- A ship running Attack Rocks can be forced to concentrate on breaking/destroying rocks of single mineral type by placing the word "Ore", "Silicon" or "Nividium" in the ship name.
- Mineral Scanner
- Fight Mk1 software (break rocks)
- Triplex scanner (improves search performance)
- Satellites (improve search performance)
- Fight Mk2 software (destroy rocks)
- The more fire power a ship has the faster it can break/destroy rocks OOS
- The script was designed for use on TS/TP/M5/M4/M3/M6/M7 ships. Being in sector with a TL/M1/M2 running this command is not a good idea.
- Do not apply too many engine tunings to fast ships such as M5s. Inertia during high speed turns leads to collisions.
- This script does not attack map asteroids.
- Turret commands can stop the ship firing. Keep them off while running this script.
- A ship running in break mode will find it increasingly more difficult to find rocks to break if a sector already contains many collectible fragments. Ensure that there are enough collecting/mobile mining ships in the sector to prevent this becoming a problem.