System Override Software <-- ???

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

R3C0N
x3

System Override Software <-- ???

Post by R3C0N » Tue, 4. Sep 07, 23:19

Firstly, hello :P

I've only recently gotten REALLY into X3 (although I have had it for a while), and one thing bothers me, because I'm not sure how to use it.

I recently visited a Pirate Base ( :D ) and bought the System Override Software - I've read what it does but HOW does it work, where do I use it, are there commands to use?

lol, this is probably a very duh question but hey .. i bought something and I dunno how to use it :P
Kill not. Dead men cannot buy from thee.

silenced
x4

Post by silenced » Tue, 4. Sep 07, 23:25

pretty simple ... fight other ships, like pirates, merchants and so on, and if they bail out and leave their ship alone you can overtake it with the system override software (instead of exiting your ship and do it manually if close enough)

there will be a new option available if you're close enough to an abandoned ship :)
... what is a drop of rain, compared to the storm? ... what is a thought, compared to the mind? ... our unity is full of wonder which your tiny individualism cannot even conceive ... I've heard it all before ... you're saying nothing new ... I thought I saw a rainbow ... but I guess it wasn't true ... you cannot make me listen ... I cannot make you hear ... you find your way to heaven ... I'll meet you when you're there ...

R3C0N
x3

Post by R3C0N » Tue, 4. Sep 07, 23:45

silenced wrote:pretty simple ... fight other ships, like pirates, merchants and so on, and if they bail out and leave their ship alone you can overtake it with the system override software (instead of exiting your ship and do it manually if close enough)

there will be a new option available if you're close enough to an abandoned ship :)
thanks, appreciate the fast reply.
bloody thing was really getting to me :P

Rapier
x3tc

Post by Rapier » Wed, 5. Sep 07, 00:04

You still have to get really close though; how close depends on the size of the ship you're flying. Target the ship and press i, if you're close enough, the claim oprion will show, just as if you weren't in your ship. Also, be careful when cruising around, it is illegal to own the SOS, so watch out for scans.
Rapier - The Orifice of all Knowledge

Godwin's Law is not one of the Forum Rules.
Search just the forum with Google

R3C0N
x3

Post by R3C0N » Wed, 5. Sep 07, 01:16

are they random scans? cos i flew thru argon/boron and teladi space without being scanned once - also, what would happen if they find it on me? the same as transporting illegal goods? just dump it (and get bad rep) or make a run for it :lol:

bravoman
x3ap

Post by bravoman » Wed, 5. Sep 07, 02:18

I think it's pretty much random but to be safe I try to stay out of sensor range of police/military ships when I have it equipped.

But then again I do most of my caps in pirate alley so no worries for me :p

R3C0N
x3

Post by R3C0N » Wed, 5. Sep 07, 02:20

ooooh, so if u have it equipped: you got probs, if you dont have it equipped: its all good?

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 5. Sep 07, 02:39

R3C0N wrote:are they random scans? cos i flew thru argon/boron and teladi space without being scanned once
Yup, random.
- also, what would happen if they find it on me? the same as transporting illegal goods? just dump it (and get bad rep) or make a run for it :lol:
Just like any other illegal good/ware. However, if you can find the BBS message in a pirate base offering to sell you the Software Signature Scrambler, get it. The SSS will mask the SOS and the cops won't see it. :D
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

R3C0N
x3

Post by R3C0N » Wed, 5. Sep 07, 13:08

really now?

:idea: :twisted:

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”