IRE's all sold out??

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Chronos Paradox

IRE's all sold out??

Post by Chronos Paradox » Wed, 30. May 07, 20:43

In the beginning of my game every equipment dock had +-40 Beta Impulse Ray Emitters for sale. Been making some money and now that I want buy some, they are ALL sold out. So I waited, did some more trading and after 1 game day of waiting there were still no BIRE's for sale; not anywhere.
Eeehr, is this a bug?
-Paradox Imperial Fleet-
"Waging war for peace."
(Donations welcome!)

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Wed, 30. May 07, 20:51

It is perfectly normal for EQ docks to have basically no stock of anything.

Look for factories if you want to buy things.
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Etolf
x3tc

Post by Etolf » Wed, 30. May 07, 23:56

and remember the shortages, there is a profit opportunity there when you can afford to put a factory there!

Nyax
x3tc

Post by Nyax » Thu, 31. May 07, 00:10

There's a double problem with equipment docks.

The X economy is is only fully dynamic, if the rules of supply and demand remain in effect. Unfortunately for end level tech goods like IRES, HEPTs and other weapons and shields the only demand comes from equipment docks. There is NOWHERE else that will buy them. As a result the only person who buys from equipment docks is the player to equip his own ships. This would mean that over time with X economy would slowly fill up, and eventually every station would be full of wares and unable to sell any more.

In order to prevent this Egosoft have set up equipment docks and trading stations to slowly 'use up' their stocks of goods over time in order to ensure that there is always a demand, and the economy keeps moving. Unfortunately for players early in the game, the balance is such that lesser shields and weapons (IREs PACs/ 1 MJ/ 5 MJ) tend to get used up by equipment docks faster then they can be supplied. There's also often no local supply anyway. This means that equipment docks often don't have any in stock.

This does give the player a good opportunity as IREs, PACs, 1MJ and MJ shields are always in demand and good profit makers. But until the player plugs the gap with their own stations producing these goods, there is a definite hole in the market here.

Kor'ah
x4

Post by Kor'ah » Thu, 31. May 07, 00:22

One can make alot of money running around IRE/PAC guns in a fast TP. In my current game I have no problem finding near full factories with these items.

Incubi
xr

Post by Incubi » Thu, 31. May 07, 05:32

End products IMO should be for personal use only ( with the exception of drug and booze fabs ) Much cheaper and more profitable to supply ai end product fabs with the goods they need. That is my experience anyway.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”