Concussion impulse generators- How do you spot hidden crates?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Have you found many 'Hidden crates'?

Sure have, easy as pie
23%
I have found the odd crate or two in my day
38%
I have looked but never found any
23%
There are hidden crates in this game???
15%

Total votes: 13

coranthia
x3

Concussion impulse generators- How do you spot hidden crates?

Post by coranthia » Wed, 11. Apr 07, 23:41

Hi all,

I hear you can only get CIG in hidden crates and off rare drops from ship kills. I have never EVER found a 'hidden crate' in space.

1. Do they show up on radar?
2. Can they be targeted with 'select next object' the way squash mines can with 'select next enemy?
3. Is there a trick to finding these bloody things?

Spoiler
Show
I have read that some CIG can be found in Light water near the SE asteroid, but I searched it AT LENGTH and found nothing. (YES I have a fresh 2.0.2 started game) Anyone know exact coords?

Joshalot
x3tc

Post by Joshalot » Wed, 11. Apr 07, 23:49

I believe, someone correct me if I'm wrong. Crates will only show up on radar with an advanced satellite or triplex scanner. With the scanner you must still get pretty close don't know how close exactly.

Richard Mitchell
x3

Post by Richard Mitchell » Wed, 11. Apr 07, 23:57

i think you have to get within 3-5K of it to show up and there is one at
Spoiler
Show
cloudbase NW at the bottom left corner .... it will get you about 2.5 million cr but you need to be able to carry the cargo, i tried to get it in discoverer and it just smashed into me so im thinking the ware is L or XL
Hope it helps

coranthia
x3

Post by coranthia » Thu, 12. Apr 07, 00:00

Spoiler
Show
Is that crate full of Concussion impulse generators in Cloudbase NW? Also, I was viewing a map program and there is an asteroid on the SW corner of Light water that might be it. Perhaps someone said SE when they ment SW.
Can anyone confirm that one can spot hidden crates on radar? I have a triplex scanner. Do I need an advanced satalite? (That seems a bit silly to me)

Etolf
x3tc

Post by Etolf » Thu, 12. Apr 07, 00:21

adv sats make it a lot easier to spot hidden crates...

sometimes TLs drop CIGs after an assassination mission...

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”