Error IJL10.dll Not found

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-Tension or X-Beyond The Frontier

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Dogbite
x3ap

Error IJL10.dll Not found

Post by Dogbite » Sun, 25. Mar 07, 01:57

I installed
al-script.update
bonus 1.4.01
x2 no copy 14 all
There is a new icon on my desk top when I click it I get the error.
None of the updates seem to work.
How do I get them to work and how do I know if they installed?

Dogbite
x3ap

Post by Dogbite » Sun, 25. Mar 07, 02:34

Also is there an order to install and is there a file they need to be in?
do I need to unstall them and re install them or just in the proper order?

pulzarokkit
x4

Post by pulzarokkit » Sun, 25. Mar 07, 03:15

did u patch
with 1.2
then 1.4
and then the 1.4 nocd ?
or just the 1.4 nocd ?
...All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die....

Dogbite
x3ap

Post by Dogbite » Sun, 25. Mar 07, 18:43

Didn't do 1.2

Did All-Script
NoCopy
in that order
sounds like I need to get 1.2 also
Thanks

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Mon, 26. Mar 07, 10:32

Whether you need to install the 1.2 update depends on what version you started with. However, the error you are getting usually has a different cause: namely installing the update(s) to the wrong folder and then starting the game from there rather than the original folder. I suggest you check where you are actually running the game from and where you installed the original version.

Dogbite
x3ap

Post by Dogbite » Thu, 29. Mar 07, 00:58

C:\Program Files\EGOSOFT\X2 - The Threat
All of the downloads are in this file.
I still get the same error?

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 29. Mar 07, 10:22

And how are you running the game? Does the shortcut point to the correct location? And is the correct working folder set? If all of those are correct then I can only imagine that the file really is missing, in which case reinstalling from scratch should solve the problem.

Dogbite
x3ap

Post by Dogbite » Fri, 30. Mar 07, 02:43

I uninstalled X2 and reinstalled it. I put all the upates in the (ENLITE-X2-The Threat) folder reinstalled everything now I get zlib1.dll error. Did a serch on that dll found it at programfiles\comonfiles\ahead\lib.
I did install every thing installed the threat file still doesn't work. I downloaded the updates to a save file and run them in above file.
Am I still doing some thing Wrong?

Dogbite
x3ap

Post by Dogbite » Fri, 30. Mar 07, 02:50

I'm running the game from the shortcut in the Threat folder.
I'm not sure where the shortcut points to And I'm not sure what the correct working folder set is.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Fri, 30. Mar 07, 13:56

Dogbite wrote:Am I still doing some thing Wrong?
Almost certainly. Your description of what you are doing isn't exactly clear, and from some of the comments you made I still think that you are not actually installing the patches to the right location. The fact that you don't know how to check where a shortcut points to tends to lend weight to this theory.

So, uninstall the game yet again. Search your entire hard disk for X2.exe to find any duplicate game folders and delete them. Also delete any X2 shortcuts on your desktop or Start menu that still exist after uninstalling the game.

Now start again from scratch and install step by step. First just the game itself, then the patches, and finally the NoCD patch, AL update and Bonus Pack. It doesn't matter where you download the patch files to, but it does matter which folder you specify when you run the patch installation; this must be the folder you installed the original game to. If at any stage after the initial installation a new desktop icon or other shortcut appears then you have done something wrong again and need to start again from scratch.

Dogbite
x3ap

Post by Dogbite » Sat, 31. Mar 07, 00:33

Ok here is what I did
I deleted and unsinsalled every thing I could find to do with x2 emped the recycle bin checked (ran the search for x2.exe) didn't find anything.
Installed X2 from the disk
Installed upadte 1.2 clicked the shortcut it worked.
Installed al script update clicked the shortcut it worked.
Installed nocopy then I clicked the shortcut Error - Failed to start zlib.dll not found.
I also removed everything again and reinstalled in this order
X2 from disk
1.2 update worked
1.4 update
and got an error lib1.dll not found
Short cut after both installs points to "C:\Program Files\Enlight\X2 - The Threat\X2.exe"

I am greatful for your help.
Thank you
dogbite

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Sat, 31. Mar 07, 00:42

When you install any patch it asks you for the location of the game folder. If you don't make sure that this is the correct location for where you have installed the game then you will get errors like this.

Please also confirm that the two files that it is reporting errors about are in the game folder.

Dogbite
x3ap

Post by Dogbite » Sat, 31. Mar 07, 01:30

If I install it
and the rest I get the one of the errors
if install it the other way I get the other error.

the install path is C:\Program Files\Enlight\X2 - The Threat

I make sure they all use that path
would it make a difference that I down loaded the patches and ran them form the computer rather than download and install from the internet?
I had that problem on my old computer at times. My down load speed is very slow can't get high speed here.

Dogbite
x3ap

Post by Dogbite » Sat, 31. Mar 07, 09:35

ON THE ERRORS the one 1 of the errors is in the other search doesn't find it on the computer.
I also ran 1.4 again and that error seemes to have gone away(I hope)
the X2 start page Verision Did say 1.0 now it says 1.2 when I ran 1.4 again that didn't change to Ver. 1.4. Should it change to 1.4 or does it stay the same?
The error seems to come into play after I run No Copy update. Then if I run 1.2, Artif. Life, And the 1.4 again then I can get back into the game.
If that makes any sence at all.

Dogbite
x3ap

Post by Dogbite » Sat, 31. Mar 07, 21:24

I think for some reason it finally got it installed. I uninstalled again and deleted all the X2.exe re did it all again and it installed. I didn't do anything different than I did befor but it installed.

Mostly I want to thank you for your help.
Thanks very much
Dogbite

Return to “X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-T and X-BTF - Technical Support”