[SCR/MOD] Complex Cleaner v3.20 / Modular Complexes

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

aerick911
x4

Post by aerick911 » Tue, 9. Sep 08, 15:50

Any reason why the cube would be invisible after you crunch everything?

I thought I installed everything correctly.

I installed the T and scripts folders over another copy of CCleaner, and then put in the appropriate CAT files numbered right after the last ones.

(example, 13.cat, 14.cat..)

Any ideas?

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Tue, 9. Sep 08, 16:33

No but that can only be some kind of mod issue.

Do you have a mod selected at the X3 loader menu?
That would override every CAT file.
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

aerick911
x4

Post by aerick911 » Tue, 9. Sep 08, 17:26

I think the only mod selected is the cycrow plugin mod. It used to work fine with another install so its definitely something biffed up with this install.

I have XTM .73.

no ashley fabs.

A few scripts like RRF, Terracorp. Nothing really station related.

I think the script is working, I just don't see the huge white box. (the module is there for it, its just invisible)

d2fx
x3

Post by d2fx » Fri, 19. Sep 08, 19:44

Hi,

I seem to have some serious problem "crunching" factories, eg. if I place a SPP + mine + crystal fab, and then crunch them, I get some weird combo of 5-6 facories which aren't even what I had before. I got some missile and lazer factories from SPP + silicon mine + crystal fab. If I connect those all with connection kits I still get those factories in the complex. Which already require completely different resources.

Using XTM 0.73, no ashley's.
Q6600
6GB DDR3
Asus GF 8800 GT
2x750 Gb raid
22" widescreen LCD Samsung
Logitech G9 mouse

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Fri, 19. Sep 08, 21:01

If Crunch produces weird results then the mod is not installed correctly.

It's files are being overwritten by some other mod.
The usual suspect is having "a mod" selected on the X3 launcher screen. That overrides all fake patches.
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

d2fx
x3

Post by d2fx » Fri, 19. Sep 08, 21:42

Nevermind my last message, it seems that XTM was creating that weird issue, I reinstalled X3 and only kept the vanilla version of it. I can crunch the complex now, but I have another problem, it CTD from time to time while running SETA 10x infront of the crunched complex.

Also, before crunching I dropped 2x 1MJ shield forges but after crunching into the shinny "fridge" I only see the production line for 1. Where is the other? Or is it packed together? But then why do I have other factories displaying 2 production lines?

PS. Great mod :thumb_up:
Q6600
6GB DDR3
Asus GF 8800 GT
2x750 Gb raid
Logitech G9 mouse

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Fri, 19. Sep 08, 22:01

d2fx wrote:Also, before crunching I dropped 2x 1MJ shield forges but after crunching into the shinny "fridge" I only see the production line for 1. Where is the other? Or is it packed together?
Check the maximum storage amounts of the old and new factories.

I explained in the first post how the module transgizmofication works and several times more in this thread.
CTD from time to time while running SETA 10x infront of the crunched complex.
*shrug*
Random crashes are extremely hard to track down to a cause.
I only use empty unknown secors to run SETA for any longer period of time.

d2fx
x3

Post by d2fx » Fri, 19. Sep 08, 22:33

Ok thanks, Will see what i can do, I checked that I was getting 4x 1 MJ shield produced instead of 2x as supposed to be. I guess it all works out then.
Q6600
6GB DDR3
Asus GF 8800 GT
2x750 Gb raid
Logitech G9 mouse

jman25
x3tc

Post by jman25 » Tue, 7. Oct 08, 22:28

I have XTM 7.4 installed with Ashley's. I have installed the A.R.E.S., Super Tractor, condense asteroid and FCC 3.21. Ares and the other scripts install correctly, but FCC 3.21 sends the following error message: I did not find my special objects. Comp cleaner script is not installed correctly. Script disabled.

I have copied the script and t files into the Reunion folder, and I have added and renamed the fake patch.
I have created my own ships via the plugin manager, and thus select it at startup to enable the ships I have created. If I do not select plugin manager, the game crashes if I load the saved game.

The other problem is that I also get strange names for my stations when I try to crunch them. I keep ending up with multiple Beluga factories, created from Nostrop, SPP, and other fabs.

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Wed, 8. Oct 08, 11:55

jman25 wrote: I did not find my special objects. Comp cleaner script is not installed correctly. Script disabled.
The mod is not installed at all. It's as simple as that.

Either it's renamed wrong so X3 can't find it or another mod overrides the factory file.

Ships have absolutely nothing to do with it.

jman25 wrote:The other problem is that I also get strange names for my stations when I try to crunch them. I keep ending up with multiple Beluga factories, created from Nostrop, SPP, and other fabs.
The script is supposed to be disabled if it can't find the mod.
Did the command show up anyway?

jman25
x3tc

Post by jman25 » Wed, 8. Oct 08, 17:33

Yes. The script is available under the custom section of my ship commands. It reads Complex Cleaner I think with the two C's in green.

I have installed everything according to the topic instructions. I have also tried the .cat and .dat files for XTM 0.7.2/.7.3 as well as the xtm and ashley's file for complex cleaner.

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Wed, 8. Oct 08, 17:58

Hmm. If any of the CC mods were installed, the CC script would find and identify it.

If you installed it correctly and it doesn't then you are cursed or have a bad download.

ChrisPikula
x3ap

Post by ChrisPikula » Sat, 11. Oct 08, 01:08

Is there going to be an update for the .74 XTD update? I'm guessing that's what's causing my recent problems getting this to work in an .74+ashley's environment.

ChrisPikula
x3ap

Post by ChrisPikula » Mon, 13. Oct 08, 22:27

Okay, I got it to work with some crazy-voodoo tactics. Here it is, just so people the next poor sap who tries can figure it out.

First I installed as stated. Things in their proper place, and the easy-install spk.

Then, I used the TXT editor in X3Editor to open up both the types/TFactories file in the 33.dat. Then I opened the TXT editor again, and opened the TFactories file inAshleysXXLFACTORIES+XTDblahblahblah.dat, which was in my mod folder. You might need to 'close catalog' first. Sorting by ID, I then copied & pasted each T_SPP_XXL, in order, from the Complex Cruncher TFactories, to the Ashleys TFactories. I made sure to paste at end, and to put them in the same order. When I was finished, saved and continued.
At this point, one should re-open the ashleys fab Tfactories file, and check to see what the index number is on your added factories. It shouldn't make a difference, but in updated versions of ashleys and XTD, it might.

I then started up a new game, went into the script editor, and edited plugin.gz.cmp.clom.dummy.types (sp?), and changed all *start index* = number if gametype is blah to the one you made. This was just incase my ashleys/xtd install might bugger something up.

I then installed a tractor beam onto my TS, went to my cahoona bakery/silicon min, compacted them, and ta-freaking-da. They were compacted, and still the same types of factories. I didn't yet have a hub, so I don't know if they are interfacing properly yet, but yeah. It seems that all is working well now. Yay.

drakend

Post by drakend » Wed, 22. Oct 08, 19:57

Gazz can you port this wonderful script to X3TC? This script just owns almost evreything else for traders and is so useful it's hard to believe... 8)

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Wed, 22. Oct 08, 20:35

Well, eventually.
I'd rather wait for Doubleshadow's tools, though, because this (and MARS) require a pretty good grasp on the game data.
If I have to "hack" everything it's going to take forever.

Besides, I'm still only at the beginning of the first plot in TC. =)

Craigtothed

Im having a problem

Post by Craigtothed » Sun, 9. Nov 08, 04:10

Im having a problem getting this to work with XTM and Ashleys Factories.
I've tried installing this every way I can think of but I am still getting the errors. Ive installed the 33 cat/dat as a fake patch and also as a real mod but i just cant seem to get it to work. Anyone that has a working install if they could tell me how they got there it would be great.

Cheers
Craig

Michlo
x3tc

Post by Michlo » Sat, 24. Jan 09, 11:37

I must be dense because I cannot get this to work. :(

I use Cycrow's plugin manager so I had to go the fake patch route.

So here is what I did:

1) Copied the t and scripts folders from Super Tractor and Condense Asteroids into the t and scripts folder of my game.

2) Used the plugin manager to install Ares.

3) Copied the 30.cat and 30.dat into the root of my game directory and renamed them to 11.cat and 11.dat.

4) Installed the Comp_cleaner2.spk with the plugin manager.

I load up the game just fine but then when I try to load a saved game, I stick at the loading screen and have to ctrl+alt+del out of it.

Can someone PLEASE tell me what I am doing wrong here?

Cheers.
Lord Michlo
Founder and protector of Clan Walker

Serris

Post by Serris » Sun, 25. Jan 09, 13:08

I'm having a lot of trouble installing this mod.
i use the plugin manager and XTM, and installed the game as a fake patch,
by renaming the cats and dats, in the x3 rootfolder.
however, when i start the game, i get my loading screen for a long time,
and then the notification that the game has stopped working.
i placed the scripts and thingies in the t folder in their respective folders in the folder of x3.
is there something i'm doing wrong?
May your life be long and useful. Like a roll of toilet paper.

Michlo
x3tc

Post by Michlo » Wed, 28. Jan 09, 08:30

*tap* *tap* This thing on?
Lord Michlo
Founder and protector of Clan Walker

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”