[Mod] Roguey's X3 Mod (v3.3 released)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

What would you like to see in future releases?

Poll ended at Mon, 7. May 07, 02:24

More BBS content (missions/quests)
6
26%
More sectors
2
9%
More capital ships
6
26%
More M6/6+/7 class ships
3
13%
More fighter class (M3 to M5) ships
5
22%
Nothing more, I'm with the way it is
1
4%
 
Total votes: 23

zdan30
Posts: 188
Joined: Mon, 29. Jan 07, 15:20

Post by zdan30 » Wed, 23. Feb 11, 02:58

I found about 3 ships in that sector,no damage, all in mint condition and a P v2 in the next sector along and a few sectors back from that i found an engine tuning +10 just floating about so now my centaur is moving along at 162 :D

Minor bug to report...

I buillt a metals fab and while it seems to produce an amazing amount of crystals it refuses to build teladiadium*,the build bar goes up and past 100% but at the end produces nothing,also it dosnt matter what resource i put into the fab it still produces just crystals,ive maxed out the ore and silicon resource and still only crystals.

The only other minor problem ive got is the start sector with my HQ is now almost a slide show as it seems if im in a khaak sector every two-3 minutes it spawns scouts,fights,interceptors and clusters around me,now the start sector is a heaving mass of khaak ships,even OOS and looking at the sector is starting to get painful :lol:

The thing is i see why it does that on border sectors as the scouts get taken out quick but i think there should be a max spawn amount per sector and maybe by sector size.

I built a complex in one sector that was almost khaak free and by the time id sent the transporter back and forth from the ship yard enough times to build the complex that sector became unusable by me as there was just so many khaak every where.

Other than that its fair to say im addicted :D

I havent seen those ships youve mentioned but ive satyed well clear of prime sectors,ive literally found the gates and jumped too them and then through them on scouting missions looking for nice juicy sectors filled with transport ships :P

I have seen quite a few ships ive never seen before and i havent seen one i dont like the look of,ive also seen "Rogueys command ship " when i left it was holding its own.

There also seems to be alot of unique ships that spawn in the same sector like Doombringer in pirates paradise.

Ohh and before i forget love the complex hubs and the little signs,especially the one on the gate to the khaak home sectors.

I still havent been able to afford a juicy capitol ship yet but i`ll keep you posted :D

User avatar
Roguey
Posts: 1375
Joined: Tue, 6. May 03, 17:31

Post by Roguey » Wed, 23. Feb 11, 16:17

zdan30 wrote:I found about 3 ships in that sector,no damage, all in mint condition
I think those ships are only in the khaak start and getting them home is normally a problem :)
zdan30 wrote:I buillt a metals fab and while it seems to produce an amazing amount of crystals it refuses to build teladiadium*
Thanks for reporting, I will look into it soon.
zdan30 wrote:The only other minor problem ive got is the start sector with my HQ is now almost a slide show
There should be limits, but ill have to double check them! Claiming sectors should help?
zdan30 wrote:I have seen quite a few ships ive never seen before and i havent seen one i dont like the look of,ive also seen "Rogueys command ship " when i left it was holding its own.
There are lot of ships in the mod, some not even on my site - as some should be a surprise :)
zdan30 wrote:There also seems to be alot of unique ships that spawn in the same sector like Doombringer in pirates paradise.
That's normal.
zdan30 wrote:Ohh and before i forget love the complex hubs and the little signs,especially the one on the gate to the khaak home sectors
Hehe glad you noticed. The new complex hub will dock a capital ship, such as TL for loading/unloading goods.
Roguey's Site: X2, X3, X3TC, X3AP and X Rebirth.

Profit_EG
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri, 4. Aug 06, 19:29

Post by Profit_EG » Wed, 23. Feb 11, 19:06

Roguey, what can you tell about ClassicRules for v.3.3 ? :o

User avatar
Roguey
Posts: 1375
Joined: Tue, 6. May 03, 17:31

Post by Roguey » Wed, 23. Feb 11, 22:31

What would you like to know? :)
Roguey's Site: X2, X3, X3TC, X3AP and X Rebirth.

Profit_EG
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri, 4. Aug 06, 19:29

Post by Profit_EG » Wed, 23. Feb 11, 22:35

Is this mini-mod (ClassicRules) compatible with v3.3 ?
(sorry for my English)

zdan30
Posts: 188
Joined: Mon, 29. Jan 07, 15:20

Post by zdan30 » Wed, 23. Feb 11, 23:40

Great news on the hubs,being able to dock a TL at one of my complexes is going to help me alot.


A post by me wouldnt be complete without a suggestion for a possible change or atleast to look into it.

I just tried to build a 1GJ shield fab and ... well... 2+ hours for >1< shield :o
and it requires a resource i cant produce.

So im left with the choice of wait 20+ hours or reload the game 20 times just so i can equip the big daddy khaak ship.

I can probly farm the bofu although it would be hassle,would it not just be easier to make it use a resource that i can produce.

Ofc the simple option is let the equipment dock have more than 1 shield on a reload then i would only be reloading 10 times.


The other thing ive noticed is the beam defence of all cap ships is frankly insane, as an example an elephant came into thuruks beard and survived a globe of scouts and by that i mean is was practically encased by them with interceptors and fighters and it survived with just 3 gigs of shield for between 5-10 minutes which makes me wonder with the speed of the new khaak ship it will just get eaten by anything with gamma PPC and those 20 hours or 20 reloads will have been for nothing ( this part is me whining and isnt a suggestion :D )

Edit: Have you got a list of v3.3 stats for ships? I had a look around on your website but was only able to find the 3.2 list.

User avatar
Roguey
Posts: 1375
Joined: Tue, 6. May 03, 17:31

Post by Roguey » Thu, 24. Feb 11, 01:18

agasfer wrote:Is this mini-mod (ClassicRules) compatible with v3.3 ?
(sorry for my English)
np m8, classic rules should be fine with v3.3 (just use the one include in the zip).
zdan30 wrote:Great news on the hubs,being able to dock a TL at one of my complexes is going to help me alot.
At the time I saw a few post about that in main egosoft forum, so I looked into it. To me Terran Conflict Complex Hub looks old now.
zdan30 wrote:A post by me wouldnt be complete without a suggestion for a possible change or atleast to look into it.
Otherwise it would just be a news post :)
zdan30 wrote:I just tried to build a 1GJ shield fab and ... well... 2+ hours for >1< shield :o
and it requires a resource i cant produce.
In the khaak start? I didnt think you could build shield stations?
zdan30 wrote:Ofc the simple option is let the equipment dock have more than 1 shield on a reload then i would only be reloading 10 times.
That would be simple to fix - one script. Although would I need to re-upload for just 1 script? shame I didnt spot it when I uploaded it.
zdan30 wrote:ship it will just get eaten by anything with gamma PPC and those 20 hours or 20 reloads will have been for nothing
It should be a monster - although it likes smaller ships, its still should win - just that M0 vs M0 khaak would lost possibly.
zdan30 wrote:Have you got a list of v3.3 stats for ships? I had a look around on your website but was only able to find the 3.2 list.
The stats of the ships were unchanged. Ive not had any bad comments on them, so I left them as they where.
Roguey's Site: X2, X3, X3TC, X3AP and X Rebirth.

zdan30
Posts: 188
Joined: Mon, 29. Jan 07, 15:20

Post by zdan30 » Thu, 24. Feb 11, 03:19

The reason i asked about ship stats is the ones in game seem to be MK 2 and so on and i was unable to find them on your website.
Edit ^ iI found the info i needed,my only excuse is im tired and its late.

I was just curious as im about to start a game as a goner witness and i wanted to see what ship i could aspire too ( for when i turn to the dark side and pirate everyone except the teladi...ofc )

And the reason i mentioned about the new ship being eaten is the AI will fly straight for an opposing cap ship and by about 5-6km it will have incomming PPC fire and by 2-3km even with 20 gigs of shields i think its going to be dead,it will get 4km of fire brought on it and thats alot for a ship that slow,i cant remember gamma kyons fire range but i think its about 4-5km.
Thats why i mentioned it because in a straight line game of chicken its going to be practically half dead before its even in range.

On the other hand a player controlled one should tear another cap ship up easy with strafe.

As for the shields its possible to buy all shield ranges that the equip dock sells 1,5,25,125,1gig , i havent tested the others as i didnt have the need for them but i imagine if the 1gig was boron the rest will be race relavant.
Would be nice if in game they were atleast M or even better L and used something that we can produce,if it was M or L waiting 2 hours isnt so bad if were getting 4-8 shields also that way the cap ships become more expendable.

User avatar
Roguey
Posts: 1375
Joined: Tue, 6. May 03, 17:31

Post by Roguey » Thu, 24. Feb 11, 22:28

zdan30 wrote:The reason i asked about ship stats is the ones in game seem to be MK 2 and so on and i was unable to find them on your website.
Edit ^ iI found the info i needed,my only excuse is im tired and its late.
Ah good, MK2 are the X3 variant. Mk1 are X2 versions.
zdan30 wrote:And the reason i mentioned about the new ship being eaten is the AI will fly straight for an opposing cap ship and by about 5-6km it will have incomming PPC fire and by 2-3km even with 20 gigs of shields i think its going to be dead,it will get 4km of fire brought on it and thats alot for a ship that slow,i cant remember gamma kyons fire range but i think its about 4-5km
I just checked the ranges:

A-PPC: 4.35km,
B-PPC: 5km,
G-PPC: 6.5km,
G-Kyon: 4.9km,

So there's 1.6km distance between the G-PPC and the G-Kyon. I did think that at 6.5km, PPC will miss a bit? G-Kyon are normally very accurate. So are things that bad?
zdan30 wrote:As for the shields its possible to buy all shield ranges that the equip dock sells 1,5,25,125,1gig , i havent tested the others as i didnt have the need for them but i imagine if the 1gig was boron the rest will be race relavant.
Im not too sure what you mean, did you want me to add 1,5,25,125, 1Gj stations for sale at the khaak shipyard?
Roguey's Site: X2, X3, X3TC, X3AP and X Rebirth.

zdan30
Posts: 188
Joined: Mon, 29. Jan 07, 15:20

Post by zdan30 » Fri, 25. Feb 11, 02:53

What i meant with the shields is that it is possible already to buy those from the shipyards but i havent tested to check the resources and that i think they will all be set as race specific as per the normal x3 game.

I think with these stats..
A-PPC: 4.35km,
B-PPC: 5km,
G-PPC: 6.5km,
G-Kyon: 4.9km,

Its not going to be too bad with all races except for the split, a raptor i think needs to be atleast 2x khaak ships to one raptor,i also didnt take into account that when i use a raptor i fire atleast 1km before it says its in range as half the shots from there will hit and do some minor dmg by the time they get there,not sure if the speed the ship is traveling at affects a weapons range(projectiles not beams)

I think youve got it all right really i was just playing it hard and thinking im going to take a week to be able to afford this khaak ship then have to reload 20 times and then watch it crash and burn :lol:


Ive been playing the Goner witness start and i have to say im enjoying your universe,theres funny bits scattered all over,lots of new ships,the maps all new to me and its nice that for once i dont just stick with my same old ships.

I found a mk1 Mamba earlier,i havent managed to afford to repair it yet but its speed and the fact its got Beta PBE`s for the main guns just makes me want to try it,theres lots of ships that i want to try out,its almost like playing a new game.




I did remember earlier that XTM has a khaak sector east of kao`s mistake that is defined as khaak and is universe map friendly,i have no idea how they did it but im wondering if its at all possible with your khaak start.

User avatar
Roguey
Posts: 1375
Joined: Tue, 6. May 03, 17:31

Post by Roguey » Sat, 26. Feb 11, 23:16

zdan30 wrote:What i meant with the shields is that it is possible already to buy those from the
hi there, im a little confused what you mean there. You cant buy shields from a shipyard? or are you talking about shield stations? if so, which start?
zdan30 wrote:Its not going to be too bad with all races except for the split
hmm, it depends how it takes the frontal volley I guess. I found myself PPC did miss a little - since the PPC has been de-spammed, each PPC miss is quite a bit lose. The kyon's however (once in range) never miss but like you said depends how the ships fly at each other - head on would probably be maximum damage from the PPC.
zdan30 wrote:I think youve got it all right really i was just playing it hard and thinking im going to take a week to be able to afford this khaak ship then have to reload 20 times and then watch it crash and burn :lol:
I understand, although its hard to balance everything. Khaak weapons do massive damage to small ships - they like flak canons in some sense.
zdan30 wrote:Ive been playing the Goner witness start and i have to say im enjoying your universe,theres funny bits scattered all over,lots of new ships,the maps all new to me and its nice that for once i dont just stick with my same old ships.
That was just one the aims in the mod - bring more life and mix to the X universe.

zdan30 wrote:I did remember earlier that XTM has a khaak sector east of kao`s mistake that is defined as khaak and is universe map friendly,i have no idea how they did it but im wondering if its at all possible with your khaak start.
How do you mean 'friendly'? you could select the sector on the sector map without any problems?

many thanks
- Roguey
Roguey's Site: X2, X3, X3TC, X3AP and X Rebirth.

zdan30
Posts: 188
Joined: Mon, 29. Jan 07, 15:20

Post by zdan30 » Sun, 27. Feb 11, 00:34

Yes by being able to buy the shields from the shipyard i meant the fabs,the shipyards themselves dont sell "shields",sorry for the confusion there i shouldve been more specific.

And by map friendly,i meant that i am able to select the sector using the map from the keyboard and not have to click through sectors using the mouse.

User avatar
Roguey
Posts: 1375
Joined: Tue, 6. May 03, 17:31

Post by Roguey » Sun, 27. Feb 11, 12:37

Ah I understand now. In the khaak start the shield stations for sale are:

1MJ : Argon 1MJ,
5MJ : Paranid 5MJ,
25MJ : Paranid 25MJ,
125MJ : Argon 125MJ,
1GJ : Argon 1GJ,

I added the shield stations as an extra. I know some of the resources might be hard to get but thought that shield stations just offer another way to use other goods. Maybe make you rob TS's more. I thought that every so often you would buy a shield or two to store in your HQ. ie. build up your equipment over time.
And by map friendly,i meant that i am able to select the sector using the map from the keyboard and not have to click through sectors using the mouse.
hmm.. sounds like the sector wasnt transferred to khaak race. When making the start, I thought it would be best to keep it khaak because the khaak would behave correctly (attack and defend). If I moved them to 'friendly' race I thought there could be problems with the khaak created by X3 attack those made by tjobs? ie. fight each other... I just thought keeping them all khaak would avoid any problems like that. On the most part its worked, its just that darn sector selecting.
Roguey's Site: X2, X3, X3TC, X3AP and X Rebirth.

zdan30
Posts: 188
Joined: Mon, 29. Jan 07, 15:20

Post by zdan30 » Mon, 28. Feb 11, 19:17

Could you tell me what beam weapon the paranid destroyers and carriers have?

I just went on a rage mission to paranid prime and they took out my bala gi m7 in about 20 seconds,while i had shield boosters working and the pirate shield boost,with both of those i can head on a PPC`s and take a fair few hits but this new beam weapon is crazy.

Im not sure if its photon beam cannon? I had a quick look on your website for the wep and stats but i didnt see it,if it is there could you link me to it.

And i dont mean pulse beam emmiters,this beam was comming at me from about 4km and was quite fat,almost 10x the thickness of a kyon.

User avatar
Roguey
Posts: 1375
Joined: Tue, 6. May 03, 17:31

Post by Roguey » Mon, 28. Feb 11, 23:12

zdan30 wrote:Could you tell me what beam weapon the paranid destroyers and carriers have?
Its probably the Photon Beam Canon. This gun should drag tons of laser energy for a short amount of time. hmm.. I have updated the page containing the laser damages in the mod, here (it was a bit out of date).

Could you not get out of the beam's way? It should be very slow at tracking targets - head on isnt a good idea with it. It was meant for capital vs capital.
Roguey's Site: X2, X3, X3TC, X3AP and X Rebirth.

Post Reply

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”