Delta Kyon Emitter (help needed)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Fresshness

Delta Kyon Emitter (help needed)

Post by Fresshness » Sun, 14. Jan 07, 21:05

To create an extra laser type, do I just need to add an entry in Tlasers.txt ?
Or do I have to add that to a wares-list somewhere? I have no idea where such a wares-list might be, I don't think there is a Twares.txt, is there?

Edit: I guess I have the same question for missiles and the Tmissiles.txt file.

Thanks for any info!

fud
x3

Post by fud » Sun, 14. Jan 07, 21:31

You'll need to make a new entry in TLasers, and TBullets (and make sure the IDs match each other, so you get the right bullet with the right gun). You'll also need a text file reference to get it it's name. Then you'll have to edit TShips, and TCockpits if you want to make it compatible with any ships.

You can go even further adding a new entry to TFactories that will produce the new gun. But that will require a bit more work, as you'll have to set up resources for the factory.

Fresshness

Post by Fresshness » Sun, 14. Jan 07, 21:45

Thanks! I've understood everything, except this:
fud wrote:You'll also need a text file reference to get it it's name.
in what file/where do I need to do this?

DeadlyDa
x4

Post by DeadlyDa » Sun, 14. Jan 07, 21:56

You also need to be aware that there are only 32 weapon slots...and only 31 of them are usable. With the recent addition of the CIG from the Bala Gi patch, there is only one open slot left (I used it to add a new weapon called the AMPC in DDRS Rebalanced).

Also, once you add a new weapon, the only way to equip it is by using the mouse and changing the lasers via the loadout icons in the lower left corner of the screen (e.g. the weapon selection menu doesn't work).

Unless you plan on replacing an existing weapon, you will have problems.

Fresshness

Post by Fresshness » Sun, 14. Jan 07, 22:05

DeadlyDa wrote:You also need to be aware that there are only 32 weapon slots...and only 31 of them are usable. With the recent addition of the CIG from the Bala Gi patch, there is only one open slot left (I used it to add a new weapon called the AMPC in DDRS Rebalanced).

Also, once you add a new weapon, the only way to equip it is by using the mouse and changing the lasers via the loadout icons in the lower left corner of the screen (e.g. the weapon selection menu doesn't work).

Unless you plan on replacing an existing weapon, you will have problems.
Thanks for the heads-up. I guess I will be replacing the terran weapons at first

Ravenholme
x3tc

Post by Ravenholme » Sun, 14. Jan 07, 22:17

That's a point, can the Terran weapons actually be equipped or even got anywhere?

fud
x3

Post by fud » Sun, 14. Jan 07, 22:24

They're effectively "plot-only" items. Even then, are only used by NPCs.

LynkDead
x3tc

Post by LynkDead » Sun, 14. Jan 07, 22:50

You can easily get them through the Script Editor though. Only Terran ships can equip them, and they are also the only things that Terran ships CAN equip.

Not THAT big of a deal though, seeing as how they are one of the strongest weapons in the game, and don't really use that much energy.

I <3 my Thor so much.

Fresshness

Post by Fresshness » Sun, 14. Jan 07, 23:17

I've replaced the Repair Laser but it won't be compatible with my turrents, even though I added it to all turret's compatible lasers.

I've also edited the standard gamma kyon emitter and added it to the compatibility laser list of the raptor (same with the repair laser), and this works. (Having a raptor with gamma kyon is funny as heck).

Asmodesu
x3

Post by Asmodesu » Tue, 23. Jan 07, 08:45

They really need to make X4 more "modable"
09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

Fresshness

Post by Fresshness » Tue, 23. Jan 07, 11:16

Asmodesu wrote:They really need to make X4 more "modable"
Yes, and in real life there should be more taxes.

fud
x3

Post by fud » Tue, 23. Jan 07, 14:07

The only mod limitation I've seen so far, is the 32 weapon slots. Ships, stations, wares, all seem to be nearly endless.

I'd venture a guess that Tmissles and Tshields have the 32-count limitation too. Though, in the case of shields, why the hell would you need 32 different shield sizes? ;)

bob hope
x3

Post by bob hope » Tue, 23. Jan 07, 14:31

there is the amount of weapons that can be mounted max too, something like 72 as shown by Hawkbs`s galactica and other bsg models
About the name - i was lost for a name on the forum and looking round, then a Bob Hope film came on, and i thought "that will do nicely"

i was born and raised argumentative i dont mean to offend ...... sorry

fud
x3

Post by fud » Tue, 23. Jan 07, 14:40

Yep. 12 per turret.

Front (main cockpit/forward guns)
Front
Rear
Right
Left
Up
Down

6 turrets, 12 each. 72 GPPC is an awesome amount of firepower. I made a Titan XL with 72 guns on it. It's ridiculous, but fun as hell. :D

bob hope
x3

Post by bob hope » Tue, 23. Jan 07, 14:45

well Hawkbs has got ships with 24 guns per turret, see the pegasus and the basestar for details :D but i think also he has had to drop a certain amount of guns off other bits
About the name - i was lost for a name on the forum and looking round, then a Bob Hope film came on, and i thought "that will do nicely"

i was born and raised argumentative i dont mean to offend ...... sorry

fud
x3

Post by fud » Tue, 23. Jan 07, 14:48

12 per is sufficient for my needs. :)

I don't even use the capital ships. I did make a new M7 tho (based on the goner truelight seeker) that has 12 forward guns. That's fun to fly. :)

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”