Time for avarice

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

IrishStar
x3

Time for avarice

Post by IrishStar » Thu, 4. Jan 07, 03:55

i have heard that u need to be playing for 5 "game days" before you get the Avarice thing, can anyone tell me whwere you find out how long you have been playing AND what the numbers mean.

Thank You Kindly

russbo
x4

Post by russbo » Thu, 4. Jan 07, 05:35

I've read that you need at least ten in game hours, but, realistically, I let my game go for about a hundred before the auction started to appear. You need to own a station, have at least five million credits available, and not be at war with the paranid or split, and have some other reputation qualifications, before the auction thing will get going.

It will show up. Eventually.

strude
x4

Post by strude » Thu, 4. Jan 07, 06:03

russbo wrote:I've read that you need at least ten in game hours, but, realistically, I let my game go for about a hundred before the auction started to appear. You need to own a station, have at least five million credits available, and not be at war with the paranid or split, and have some other reputation qualifications, before the auction thing will get going.

It will show up. Eventually.
Thats for the Bala Gi missions. I haven't seen it yet, so just going from what I have read. Avarice starts about game day 6 and it will be on most BBS's. You can't actually bid until it hits 600mil though, which I think is around day 10 ish or something like that.

EDIT: I don't think the Bala Gi missions have any time constriction before they start, just the material things and rep listed by russbo above.

Golden_Gonads
x3tc

Re: Time for avarice

Post by Golden_Gonads » Thu, 4. Jan 07, 14:54

IrishStar wrote:i have heard that u need to be playing for 5 "game days" before you get the Avarice thing, can anyone tell me whwere you find out how long you have been playing AND what the numbers mean.

Thank You Kindly

Whilst flying, press 'p' to bring up your personal menu, then open the statistics menu. Under 'pilot information' on the new window, you see something like (in my case):

Flying 8-16:24

This means the game has been going, for 8 days 16 hours 24 minutes. This info is also available from the different load screens.

fud
x3

Post by fud » Thu, 4. Jan 07, 15:01

I think Egosoft jumped the shark with the auction. It used to be something exclusive, if not elusive to go thru the auction process, and actually buy it.

Now it seems it's cliche to buy it, as everybody's doing it.

I was never interested in it anyway, much less so now. 600-800M will buy a ton of ships.

Fresshness

Post by Fresshness » Thu, 4. Jan 07, 15:05

fud wrote:I was never interested in it anyway, much less so now. 600-800M will buy a ton of ships.
I was, until I understood there was not alot of functionality involved. Paying that kind of cash just to rename a sector (I know, I've been saying that quite a few times now) is just soo not worth it.

strude
x4

Post by strude » Thu, 4. Jan 07, 15:12

It's a pity that all the unknown sectors don't come up for auction over time. Would be worth buying a sector if you could own several... my own corner of the universe so to speak

fud
x3

Post by fud » Thu, 4. Jan 07, 15:33

For 600-800M, you should get possession of ALL the unknown sectors. But that's just my opinion. :)

I just take up residence in them anyway. They're great locations for monster complexes making armaments. Since they're in relatively untraveled sectors, there's no lag/preformance issues to deal with. :)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”