Auction?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Hansaw
x3

Auction?

Post by Hansaw » Mon, 1. Jan 07, 18:57

With the new update HQ missions I also read that there was another chance to bid on a sector?

I only have about 20 mil and only a few stations.
Can I afford the sector?
I have started the HQ missions too but cannot fend off those pirates that attack the fella's transports but thats only because I am flying about in an Argon Nova still lol.

Can anyone tell me when this auction starts and where I should look for it.

I would love to own a sector.

Stay safe!
Hansaw sits for the 1st time in his brand new M3. After smilling happily to himself he looks about and becomes frustrated. "I paid enough for this ship, so where's the damn MP3 Player!" he yells

Achatos
x3

Post by Achatos » Mon, 1. Jan 07, 19:50

Some time after a Teladi Trading station has spawned in the sector between Montalaar and New Income, you'll see messages appear on the BBS (any station, any race) that a Teladi mogul wishes to sell his sector. The Teladi Trading station is the mogul's home, but you don't have to dock there to participate in the auction.
Later on you'll see messages (any station, any race) that bids have started (the first is 50.000). Only after the bids have risen beyond 600 million will you will able to participate. So this is the amount of credits you should have as a minimum. Mostly you will be overbid after your first bid. Many of us had to spend about 900 million to actually get the sector.

Good luck!
Find what you need in the X3-universe (with all XTM data, and X3 Music guide)
[ external image ]

Hansaw
x3

Post by Hansaw » Tue, 2. Jan 07, 02:18

900 million? Hell I will never get that place I only got 20 right now.

Does this happen when you have enough to start bidding or does the auction pass you by if you just don't have the funds?

I would love to own a sector but its taken me a long time to get this far and while I do this HQ mission I cannot consentrate on making money.

Stay safe!
Hansaw sits for the 1st time in his brand new M3. After smilling happily to himself he looks about and becomes frustrated. "I paid enough for this ship, so where's the damn MP3 Player!" he yells

Achatos
x3

Post by Achatos » Tue, 2. Jan 07, 02:41

Yes, it's a lot of money, I know. Whether you have the money or not the auction will start and you will be given an opportunity to place a bid.

You could also think: is this really worth it?
I mean there are other places to put your HQ in. I've put mine in the unknown sector next to Patriarch's Retreat. It's quiet, empty, and almost never visited by any hostille ship. It's just me and my HQ out there, just as if it was my own sector, and it costed me zero credits. :wink:
Find what you need in the X3-universe (with all XTM data, and X3 Music guide)
[ external image ]

Hansaw
x3

Post by Hansaw » Tue, 2. Jan 07, 04:02

Yep true about what you say in regard to other places just thought it would be grate to have my very own secter.

So the game will pass me by then as far as the auction goes. Thats a shame I did'nt know there was a time in which you had to start building factories and buying and sending transporters out there to trade or I would have done that sooner.

I have just been having fun bumming about the Galaxy exploring and having the odd fight here and there and kind of doing my own thing as I am not in the storyline verson but the custom.

Wish there had been some sort of warning that this game had countdowns to events and that you needed to build lots of wealth fast or miss out.

Thanks for your infor though Achatos.

Stay safe!

bunk
x3

Post by bunk » Tue, 2. Jan 07, 10:29

Achatos wrote:other places to put your HQ in. I've put mine in the unknown sector next to Patriarch's Retreat.
I can't see spending 900 or 600 mil on a sector. What other sectors did you consider besides Patriarch's Retreat?
Player of computer space games since 1975!

Hansaw
x3

Post by Hansaw » Tue, 2. Jan 07, 12:55

bunk. Achatos said in the UNKNOWN SECTOR next to Patriarch's Retreat.

I will look about I like some sectors out there but its got to have some good roids in it so I can make a good lot of traffic come into it.

I have a couple in mind but not sure if they got good roids in I will have to investigate more.

Stay safe!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”