RELEASED a new split battleship

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

balogt
x3

RELEASED a new split battleship

Post by balogt » Sat, 23. Dec 06, 17:29

you will like this one . i call it the Korhlar class battlecruiser

holds 18 ships and some nice weapons. the main guns on the sides hold lasertower weapons. good anti khaak ship. it follows the paint jobs all my split ships have.steel and that red plastisteel alloy they use.

[ external image ]

its on my site in the splitbat folder

enjoy.
Balog

Gelnak
x4

Post by Gelnak » Sat, 23. Dec 06, 17:33

lovley :idea:
KILL ALL KHAAK / KILL ALL KHAAK / KILL ALL KHAAK / KILL ALL KHAAK / KILL ALL KHAAK :twisted:
sweet :D

dostillevi
x3

Post by dostillevi » Sat, 23. Dec 06, 18:28

looks good balog.. I'm curious, how do you balance your ships? I'd like to use them, but I don't want to unbalance my game...

shinobu
x3tc

Post by shinobu » Sat, 23. Dec 06, 18:48

Balogt- that is one nasty looking vessel! Looks like it has some real chops! Excellent (as always)!

Earthpilot
x3tc

Post by Earthpilot » Sat, 23. Dec 06, 19:53

Nice ship , balogt.

It's about time some starcraft ships do show up in the X-Universe. :D

Kaze
x3

Post by Kaze » Sat, 23. Dec 06, 20:53

Wow thats a cool ship! Could you maybe make it into a .XSP ? I don't know how to use this =(
the main guns on the sides hold lasertower weapons
I've been wondering.. How do you install lasertower weapons onto ships, and where can you buy them :?

Also, I have extensively rebalanced a ship you (and cycrow) made the Shadow Crab, updated for 2.0.02 and the DDRS universe. Is it ok for me to post it here to get feedback on what people think of the new 'version' ?

Also, I have an idea to use the three shadow ships in creating a kind of extended 'khaak invader' game for anyone likes to play that game mode. It would include some kind of missions which would end with you claiming one of the unknown sectors and getting a ship yard and EQ dock which make khaak ships and Kyons. I think it would add a lot of interest and goals to playing khaak. The idea is to really make you feel like you are a Khaak, with goals =) Also I have some other ideas to add to this but I gotta learn some scripting first. :shock:
Any comments on this?

Everyones Antihero
x3

Post by Everyones Antihero » Sat, 23. Dec 06, 22:09

Starcraft Terran Battlecruiser!!
My Artwork show reel:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5R1J-_Byek
My website, click gallery for art:
http://www.richarddaborn.co.uk

cm higgy
x3

Post by cm higgy » Sat, 23. Dec 06, 23:23

looks great can you please tell me how to install this as up to now i have only used cycrow kit thanks

Martin Logan
x3

Indeed

Post by Martin Logan » Sun, 24. Dec 06, 12:23

im wondering what shields does it carry??
Are you sure you wanna use lasertower weapons they dont seem to good to me.

Dark-Venom
x3

Post by Dark-Venom » Sun, 24. Dec 06, 17:04

after adding the provided tships file it looks like it carries only 4Gj of shields, now ive gotta make sure ive imported it correctly into the game :P

Dark-Venom
x3

Post by Dark-Venom » Sun, 24. Dec 06, 17:26

i give up, is it possible for someone to make this into an XSP? i just get an invisible ship, but once i started a game and fired a missle at one it blew my ship up :?

balogt
x3

adding maually vs xsp

Post by balogt » Tue, 26. Dec 06, 18:01

if you are well versed at making an xsp then adding it would be fairly easy.not being an xsp user i install my ships manually. i did release a psot awhile ago about how to do it but ill synopse it again.

1. make sure you have sub folders in the x3 main directory. name them objects,types etc etc. most folks should have these.

2. place the ships folder in the objects\balog\shipbat folder.. yes this means you need to make a sub folder in the objects folder named balog. i use this folder for my ships that are not classified into a major genre.
it will look like this
objects\balog\shipbat\

3. in the shipbat folder you will see a tshipsline.txt file. open it with wordpad and copy the line into YOUR tships file in the \types folder. there is a number at the top line 212 or so, up it by one to refect the new line you just pasted into it. save and close

**note you must have decompiled the cat\dat files previously into the above mentioned folders** and rename or cut the origional cat/dat files to a storage folder.

should work now in game. use a script to spawn the ship and see that it works. then use doubleshadows editor to mod the universe to make it buyable at a split shi[yard.

done.

thats how i do it.

merry christmas
balog

balogt
x3

adding maually vs xsp

Post by balogt » Tue, 26. Dec 06, 18:01

if you are well versed at making an xsp then adding it would be fairly easy.not being an xsp user i install my ships manually. i did release a psot awhile ago about how to do it but ill synopse it again.

1. make sure you have sub folders in the x3 main directory. name them objects,types etc etc. most folks should have these.

2. place the ships folder in the objects\balog\shipbat folder.. yes this means you need to make a sub folder in the objects folder named balog. i use this folder for my ships that are not classified into a major genre.
it will look like this
objects\balog\shipbat\

3. in the shipbat folder you will see a tshipsline.txt file. open it with wordpad and copy the line into YOUR tships file in the \types folder. there is a number at the top line 212 or so, up it by one to refect the new line you just pasted into it. save and close

**note you must have decompiled the cat\dat files previously into the above mentioned folders** and rename or cut the origional cat/dat files to a storage folder.

should work now in game. use a script to spawn the ship and see that it works. then use doubleshadows editor to mod the universe to make it buyable at a split shi[yard.

done.

thats how i do it.

merry christmas
balog

cm higgy
x3

Post by cm higgy » Tue, 26. Dec 06, 20:16

thanks for your help i will try it straight away merry xmas :)

dukesatan
x3

Post by dukesatan » Tue, 26. Dec 06, 20:28

I have made a pre-XSP file (my first one) and so far i'v got it into the game and this is one SWEET ass ship, looks like we need some adjustment of prices etc, but if anyone is interested in my compiling this up and hosting it on a web site please yell now so i know i am not just doing this for myself ;) If Balog is happy that is to have an XSP version completed for those like me who use the installer program.

ALSO NOTE: above in the instrtuctions i think its meant to say objects/ships/..... thats how the txt file has it described ;) Please anyone let me know there thoughts :) Btw this would be my first contribution to X3 so be gentle on me if i'v stepped on anyones toes, i'v made this so i could use it but am happy if others also want it and are happy its ok with them :D

Duke.

Dark-Venom
x3

Post by Dark-Venom » Tue, 26. Dec 06, 20:43

thanks balogt, i will need to try this later on a bit busy atm with another computer :roll:

dukesatan
x3

Post by dukesatan » Tue, 26. Dec 06, 23:23

Ok, this is a version 1 i have managed to get to work fully for me, i HOPE if you try it it will work you :) It uses all the stats as design by Balog, and i cant make a rebalanced one without loosing the hull, hay i never done this before :p So i hope for those who want to try it can, its in Split shipyards and you need 74mil, BE WARNED, this ship is WIDE, so wide if you park a large ship at the dockyard you could hit it when you leave ;) So be carefull, lol.

Duke.

Dukes Shipyard..
Last edited by dukesatan on Sun, 31. Dec 06, 21:44, edited 2 times in total.

odin_ml
x3

Post by odin_ml » Wed, 27. Dec 06, 01:59

please for the love of all us less talented modders make balgots ships XSP's plz.

dukesatan
x3

Post by dukesatan » Wed, 27. Dec 06, 03:04

but its right above your post, right click and save it, hope it works for you. Or do you mean some of his other ships? Many have been done and are in the ships web pages, look in the library sticky near the bottom for the two leading pages of XSP pack's already done. I'v tried to do this one as i wanted to try this ship and its ace, i need some feedback to know if its right and if there are other ships what need to be XSPed i'd be happy to try and make them if asked, but please check those links and pages for many ships already made into XSP's :)

Duke.

Commander Zane
x3tc

Post by Commander Zane » Wed, 27. Dec 06, 05:55

Everyones Antihero wrote:Starcraft Terran Battlecruiser!!
That's the first thing that came to my mind too. Now we need the Wraith. :mrgreen:

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”