Re-enabling Advanced Trade pilot salary in Firelance

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Aprogas
x3tc

Re-enabling Advanced Trade pilot salary in Firelance

Post by Aprogas » Thu, 7. Sep 06, 15:49

The Firelance mod disables all periodic fees, leaving only the initial ones. While I do not care much either way (the periodic fees aren't that high), it does pose a problem for the Adv Trade Command Software Mk1 script (aka BPH), because it bases pilot level on received payment. I have been looking around with the script editor, trying to see if there was a way to re-enable their wages, or to just manually up their level to unlock their capabilities, and I have found the following solution. I didn't really have any experience with the script editor, so there may be some problems with my change. Also using the script editor is not for the faint of heart, and it is easy to majorly break things. Make sure you have a few good saves before trying this at home:

In the script editor I first searched for the BPH scripts, and I found them at plugin.ticaki.bphe.*. Then I looked around in the scripts to see which one handled wages and soon found plugin.ticaki.bphe.personal.cost. I noticed that in that script the three *Pauschale variables were all set to 0 instead of 10/50/200 that the readme lists. So basically what I did is move the cursor position on each 0 (it turns red), pressed enter, selected <Number> in the list, and entered the respective values of 10 for sektor, 50 for andock and 200 for jumpgate. Then I saved the script and put SETA on to see if my changes would take effect, and I now have my first level 1 BPH pilot. I did restart all Adv Trade Commands just to be sure, and I would recommend anyone trying this change to do so.

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”