X3 Dual-Monitor support?

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-Tension or X-Beyond The Frontier

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Borgcube636
x2

X3 Dual-Monitor support?

Post by Borgcube636 » Fri, 1. Sep 06, 01:22

As the topic obviously inquires, does X3 have dual monitor support? It would be pretty awesome if I could get X3 to show on both of my screens so I can have a better idea about whats going on around me.

Has anyone done this, know if its possible, or know what to do to get it to work?
It is only once you have been kicked in the dirt and tasted the gravel on your tongue that you may then have a desire to stand up and walk again.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Fri, 1. Sep 06, 01:27

It works, but it is not very pretty. You just set the dual monitor mode to span both screens horizontally at the driver level and the game will allow you to select dual monitor resolutions. The downside is that your crosshairs will be right in the middle where the monitors join and anything else that uses the centre of the screen will also be split.

skadog
x3

Post by skadog » Mon, 4. Sep 06, 21:03

Maybe you should think about getting one of these cool monitors just for X3!

Check out this Seamless Displays at Severity6.net
"Who do you think pays for all this rubbish? They're not gonna make their money back, you know, I told them, I said to them, Bernie, I said they'll never make their money back." - Eric Idle, Always look on the bright side of life.

Return to “X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-T and X-BTF - Technical Support”