Help me compare the Argon Centaur and the Paranid Nemesis

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

BlueShade Zero
x3tc

Help me compare the Argon Centaur and the Paranid Nemesis

Post by BlueShade Zero » Sun, 27. Aug 06, 05:52

Soon, oh so very soon, i will buy my first M6, and im preety pumped.

Ok, i need help to decide which to buy. I like the nemesis... ALOT... because of how it looks, and that its got lotsa weapon energy. But the Centaur has more recharge, and weapons, but is slower and doesnt turn as much.

I DO like to look sweet, and to be nimble, but will the recharge and the extra turrets simply over power this fact?

Also, can some M6's carry more than 1 extra ship?

please respond quickly, i will have 11 mil soon.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") Chaos, panic and disorder- my work here is done.
[ external image ]

humility925
x4

Post by humility925 » Sun, 27. Aug 06, 06:06

I dont know any ship are overpower, but I know at least Mamba Raider is overpower, but who care about overpower, I dont like most M6 becases they has less Turrets and weaker then thier X-2 The Threats. Centaur only are a true Class, but all other is like hmmm, bigger fighter or something.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sun, 27. Aug 06, 06:49

Are you talking about X2 or X3 ?

M6's in X3 do not dock any ships. They docked an M5 in X2.

BlueShade Zero
x3tc

Post by BlueShade Zero » Sun, 27. Aug 06, 07:49

thats it... im burning the manual...
(\__/)
(='.'=)
[ external image ]

JakubCW
x4

Post by JakubCW » Sun, 27. Aug 06, 19:35

the nemesis has poor Ai combat abilities compared with the Centaur, it easily gets overwhelmed by khaak clusters or small grps of fighters because of its 1 rear facing turret.

the centaur on the other hand can mount PSG's on all those rear turrets and blow khaak clusters apart with ease and can Track fast ships in combat alot better in my experience.

my way of testing new ships usally comes down to a Cluster of fast movers!, argon usually wins.

BlueShade Zero
x3tc

Post by BlueShade Zero » Mon, 28. Aug 06, 05:50

I got the nemesis, and it kicked the clusters ass hard core... one swoop and the entire group was GONE... besides, it has 5 m3's and 3 m4's (fully loaded) protecting it.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
[ external image ]

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Mon, 28. Aug 06, 08:48

JakubCW wrote:the nemesis has poor Ai combat abilities compared with the Centaur, it easily gets overwhelmed by khaak clusters or small grps of fighters because of its 1 rear facing turret.
How many times have you been surprised by AI that has sneaked into your six? No, you see them far away, and then you choose whether to engage or run. And if you do engage, you have your nose guns (BPSG in Nemesis) right on target.

The Roguey's site allows one to list the stats of two ships side-by-side.

Most of their stats are quite similar. Nemmi has PSG, while Centaur had turrets. I've tried both ships in XI and they were about the same. For personal cruiser, I would stare at the cargo hold.

Augustini
x4

Post by Augustini » Mon, 28. Aug 06, 10:04

When piloting the M6 yourself, the Nemesis is capeable of mounting more devasting weapons (BPSG) The Centaur is more defensive, with more turrets. If the turrets are mounted with BPAC's you will have a ship that can defend it self well while focusing on other enemies!

It's really up to you what ship to buy, since ppl have diff preferences. I've flown them both and i like them both, i can't pick a favorite amongst those 2!

Mazer
x3

Post by Mazer » Mon, 28. Aug 06, 20:37

the centuar has the extra turrets and that helps a lot
the nemesis has one rear turret but firing arc is quite large, a slight turn could allow the turret to hit the enemy.

the nemesis can mount BPSG and that is a huge advantage in fighting fighters because it hits so many targets at once. the weapons energy doesnt have to be huge because you can take out a lot of enemies at once. just dont use PSGs if you have allies in the area...

the centuar can mount APSG they arnt as stong as the B but they are about as effective. the centuar is slower than the nemesis with a slower turn capability but has a much larger cargo hold. more energy cells, more missles, so more kills.

they both are good ships and its just a matter of how you fight and what style ship you like the most.
You know you have had enough when you dock at a pirate base and toss a couple bucks at the monitor...

Mazer

NUKLEAR-SLUG
x3tc

Post by NUKLEAR-SLUG » Tue, 29. Aug 06, 02:27

The Nemesis is more "What are you looking at?"
The Centaur is more "Come over here if you think you're hard enough!"

Depends which you prefer.. :P

XanII
x4

Post by XanII » Tue, 29. Aug 06, 16:11

It is so seldom that you can freely fire away your PSG weapons. im having some serious khaak fighting in new Duchy colonies and i use PSG against them, or at least try to. I get the "dont try that again or else..." type threats all the time when some moronic TS/M6 gets hit by my PSG. I have even been forced to reload a couple of times when my rep went down the gutter thanks to PSG fire. It's incredibly hard to gain rep but you loose it ridicilously fast.

sigh, luckily APAC/BPAC is almost as good as PSG against khaak. :roll: With all turrets in use of course. with just 1 turret in the back you are toast against khaak.

Paranid Nemesis relies heavily on the PSG. In fact what else is good on it other than it's good PSG weaponry? cant see any other benefits with it. Who cares what it looks like, you dont drive a ferrari when you need a tank to kill someone. :D
X3:TC Heavy M6 guide : : : Let's pretend you are an addict, lets pretend that you are a X-games player... but i am repeating myself here.

Jimby
x3

Post by Jimby » Tue, 29. Aug 06, 17:39

You should check out Rogueys site for ship comparisons.
http://roguey.ueuo.com/gaming/pc/x3/ships/index.php

andman
x3tc

Post by andman » Wed, 30. Aug 06, 11:31

I have owned one of each in X2 and set them to patrol ore belt.

The Centaur had 2XGamma HEPT front mounted and 1XBeta HEPT mounted in each turret (one up, one down)

The Nemesis had 1XGammaPSG front mounted and 1XBeta PSG mounted in each turret (one up, one backwards)

Both had max speed, turning, cargobay and shield.

The Nemesis get killed by Khaak. The Centaur Survived.

I now have 6XCentaur patrolling OB and they kick ass.
What's better? Eternal Happiness, or a Ham Sandwich?

We all know that nothing is better than Eternal Happiness.

We also know that a Ham Sandwich is better than nothing.

Therefore, a Ham Sandwich is better than Eternal Happiness.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 30. Aug 06, 11:44

andman wrote:The Nemesis had 1XGammaPSG front mounted and 1XBeta PSG mounted in each turret (one up, one backwards)
The X2 OOS combat rules say that bPSG is 6, bHEPT is 7 and both gPSG and gHEPT are 8.

So the Nemesis was 8+6+6=20, while it could have been 22 with bHEPT turrets. Still, the Centaur has one extra 8 from second front gun. Offensive power of 30.

Your Nemmy died because it killed too slowly. But OB is no place for lone M6 anyway.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”