[Bonus Plugin] Commodity Logistics Software MK1

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Mon, 2. Jun 08, 02:09

If you have video enhancement goggles installed, he won't jump.

Chealec
x3tc

Bingo!

Post by Chealec » Mon, 2. Jun 08, 15:34

Oh you little beauty! Worked a treat, thanks :)

- I didn't book a half day off work today just to play X3, but we-eeell... got an hour or two to kill atm

Karlfrans
x3tc

Re: Bingo!

Post by Karlfrans » Thu, 5. Jun 08, 01:10

Chealec wrote:Oh you little beauty! Worked a treat, thanks :)

- I didn't book a half day off work today just to play X3, but we-eeell... got an hour or two to kill atm
That made my day lol :P

Bishop149
x3

CLS ships and TL's question.

Post by Bishop149 » Fri, 13. Jun 08, 23:28

CLS MkI ships can be assigned a TL in their station list but I've been playing around with it I honestly don't understand of what use this feature is.

The TL is only ever recognised as a "consuming" ship and seeing as that no TL's ever really consume resourses its not much good. The few TL's that do (T0's in XTM) can't be added as stations.

I was trying hard to use one as a "supplying" station, much more useful but it seems impossible, if you set the TL as the homebase its impossible to add any products as the TL doesn't have any.

The one and only use for this I can see it to use a TL to stockpile resources. . . . . . which you can't then redistribute (other than manually).

I'm gonna have a play about with MkII but I anticipate similar problems simply because the TL has no resources or products, so most of the commands probably won't work. . . . . . I'll have a go.

If some could enlighten me about a useful interaction of CLS ships and TL's I'd be grateful! I'd really like to use one as a "supplying" station.
"Shoot for the Moon. If you miss, you'll end up co-orbiting the Sun alongside Earth, living out your days alone in the void within sight of the lush, welcoming home you left behind." - XKCD

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sat, 14. Jun 08, 00:06

12. Forum posting rule: Questions about a script into the thread of the script.

CLS1 has two "supply a ship" uses: the stockpiling, and refueling. Unfortunately, the refueling does not work so nice in vanilla game, because the ship to be refueled (can be any ship, not just TL) must stop. Lucike wrote a modified Sector Patrol script, which does stop and wait occasionally. Imagine sector patrols armed with missiles, and one CLS1 per 20 patrolships keeping them armed.

Stockpiling may or may not be useful. I do stockpile weapons to Mammoths. Yes, I could use PHQ, but it fills up rather quickly. Thus, if I need to equip a fleet, I have what I need.

Or, if selling manually to bottomless ED suits you ... CLS1 can deliver to TL, which is docked into ED. All you need to do is the selling.
For a while I had an "overflow handler":
* CAG buy guns to PHQ
* CLS1 delivers guns to ED(1)
* CAG sell from ED(1)
* ED(2) has "almost competetive" price, ie receives if no NPC ED can buy
* CLS1 clears ED(2) into TL (stockpile the overflow)
That was fine but for two issues: What to do with the overflow, and ED(2) ran out of cash.

CLS Mk2 can 'load' from TL. Unfortunately it has its own limitations, but it is definitely possible to offload from the stockpile TL with CLS2. I have just set up one such:
* BMS Miners collect to TL
* CLS2 fetches from TL to Complex
* CAG sell from the Complex
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Bishop149
x3

Post by Bishop149 » Sat, 14. Jun 08, 01:36

jlehtone wrote: CLS Mk2 can 'load' from TL. Unfortunately it has its own limitations, but it is definitely possible to offload from the stockpile TL with CLS2. I have just set up one such:
* BMS Miners collect to TL
* CLS2 fetches from TL to Complex
* CAG sell from the Complex
Ok, how do you do this?

Just tried it and the TL does not apear as a option when selecting the station for the stop. I have a theory as to why this might be, the ship is a TS, in X3 vanilla they can't dock at TL's.

However the ware I want to transport is XL cargo and as a brief look at the ship stats tells me there are no XL cargo ships that can dock at a TL I might be screwed.

Edit: Falcon Hauler, the spreadsheet I have lies! I'll give that a go.
"Shoot for the Moon. If you miss, you'll end up co-orbiting the Sun alongside Earth, living out your days alone in the void within sight of the lush, welcoming home you left behind." - XKCD

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sat, 14. Jun 08, 08:30

Bishop149 wrote:Ok, how do you do this?

Just tried it and the TL does not apear as a option when selecting the station for the stop.
TS does work. You just have to give it a homebase. I've set the Complex as home. The 'Configure waypoint' of CLS2 seems to require homebase set, if one wants to add "price=0" waypoint, and price must be 0 to transfer with TL.

However, when the main script runs, it does not check for homebase. What does do, is use the account of homebase for transactions (or player account, if home is 'none'). (We are digressing a bit here, as there is a separate thread for CLS2, but the Mk1 and Mk2 being so closely related that is hard to avoid.)

Bishop149
x3

Post by Bishop149 » Sat, 14. Jun 08, 17:41

Ok, going off on to CLS MKII now, feel free to shift this post over there.

Its still not working, have tried with both a TS and a the Falcon Hauler. With or without home base set. When I try and configure the stops it still does not give the TL as an option for the stop.

I thought it might be beacuse the homebase and TL were in the same sector, so I tried it with the TL as the ONLY option in a totally empty sector and it still didn't come up.

You can select the TL as the second input, the "waypoint", but not the third the "station type".

If you could give the exact sequence of inputs that would be a real help.

Bishop149
x3

Post by Bishop149 » Sat, 14. Jun 08, 17:57

Bishop149 wrote: I think trying all this has broken my CLS I can't recieve reports any more! Either by selecting the homebase for MkI or by 0,0,0 for MkII. . . . no message.

Edit: Definatly Broken, I've restarted the game and can't get reports from any of my CLS ships. . . is there a way I can reinstall the script without buggering up all the CLS ships I have set up?
Ok the above is not a problem any more, I was in a Kha'ak sector as soon as I left I got about 20 messages, its seems that for some odd reason they just couldn't be delivered whilst I was there. . . . . wierd, never had that with Kha'ak sectors before.

Bishop149
x3

Post by Bishop149 » Sat, 14. Jun 08, 19:35

Ok got it!!

Turns out that the two "stations" you select when setting up the stops don't do what I thought they did.

The first one is where the Ship will actually go to collect or drop off.
The second one I think essentially acts just to provide the list of wares that can be chosen for the stop.

So if you pick the TL for the first and a station for the second, as long as the TL stocks the same ware as the station it should all work out. . . . . .

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sat, 14. Jun 08, 21:07

:thumb_up:

Storm666
x3tc

Post by Storm666 » Wed, 23. Jul 08, 23:21

I'm having a problem with CLS1 not loading fuel, wonder if anyone knows whats going wrong?

if i set the price to '0' it works fine, he will load fuel for his jump and and run off jumping+selling for ever.
e.g. load crystals and deliver for 0 to Trading station (he also loads fuel from homebase)

however!
if i set a price for the goods, he will no-longer buy fuel!!!
e.g. load crystals and sell for 1684 to Trading station (but he will not load fuel ever)

Any ideas anyone????

Note: Video enhancement goggles are NOT installed.

Storm666
x3tc

Post by Storm666 » Tue, 29. Jul 08, 12:41

Bump! 6 days and no reply.

any ideas anyone or do i report it as a bug!

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 29. Jul 08, 14:53

Have you turned on script debugging for the ship to find out why it skips the refuelling step? You can send a more elaborate bug report to Lucike, if you can point out the line of code where the <expletive>.

Azaniah
x3tc

Post by Azaniah » Sat, 30. Aug 08, 23:42

I'm sure this has been asked before.. but I am a bit confused about reports etc from CLS1.

As I understand it, to get a report (0,0,0) you have to use CLS2 software, and select the Configure Interium stops. Trouble being I can only see this when the command for the ship is "none". At which point the report tells me it has 20 intermediate stops (should be 2) but not what they are?

Am I doing something wrong here? I just want a nice report saying "I do this.." a bit like the CAG one..

Thanks in advance

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sat, 30. Aug 08, 23:49

Readme wrote:If you choose homebase of the ship or the ship itself while configuring the destinations a report is generated containing an overview which stations are currently being flown to and which products are to be transported. You can clear the list completely by targeting any other ship.

Azaniah
x3tc

Post by Azaniah » Sun, 31. Aug 08, 14:24

Ack - Thanks, must have read that at least 10 times and not absorbed it.

intently
x3tc

Post by intently » Sun, 26. Oct 08, 03:52

Hello,

I've got CLS1 ships set up to collect energy cells from 4 sources and deliver them to 1 consumer. Many of the CLS1 ships are level FP.

The problem is this: the ships always go to the same source, their home base, instead of to any of the other 3 sources. The other three sources are full of energy cells and can't even produce any more, because the CLS1 ships never visit them.

Did I do something wrong? If I view the CLS1 reports the sources are all in the list (and the ship names include "S4C1").

Ideas?

Edit:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

If I add a new station to the homebase complex, all the CLS1 ships get completely cleared and need to be set up again from scratch?!?!?!

stealthhammer

Bonus pack - CLS and CAG

Post by stealthhammer » Thu, 20. Nov 08, 19:20

Ive setup a complex to supply my HQ however I am trying to use the resources of the complex to supply a ammo factory in the same system as to train the pilots to freighter status. However the ships just say "CLS on Standby" i did what this site said http://www.x-resource.org/people/cheeseburger/training/
at lest best of my knowledge any help would be appreciated thanks.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sun, 23. Nov 08, 08:42

@stealthhammer: Does the status report of the pilot show intended configuration?

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”