I have taken over the TCCPTF and FBC scripts, Jensenman is still involved but not to a high degree as of right now.eladan wrote:In siath70's absence, I'm handling development and releases for TFP. As I cannot update the 1st post on a regular basis as new versions are released, I've asked the mods to display this message.
You will currently be able to find the latest release for TFP from this location (Xai corp.)
For anyone who wants to read the readmes of the package prior to downloading, russbo posted them on page 101 (some more info from older packages on the next page.) The readme isn't for the current version, but changes since have been relatively minor and it should give a reasonable overview.
Normal transmission will resume if siath70 returns.
:EDIT: Updated 9 September 08
Latest package is now v1.53e - Read the IMPORTANT INFORMATION below. Download here [new 9-Sep-08]
The e version fixes several errors in the package - please redownload if you have any previous version, including other 1.53 releases.
RRRoamer also created some additional commands as an optional extra package. These commands help to reduce micromanagement - see here for a description. Download here [new 8-Jul-08]
Erilaz has created another addon for this package, which allows automatic installation of Fight Command Software Mk3 (by X-Freak Cartman) on hired pilots, should you have that package installed. Download is available here [new 25-Jul-08]
New Version - 1.53
This version adds jumbled's gender code as well as the BBS start code, plus some other minor fixes. The gender code should update all pilots automatically - let me know if any appear not to be correct.
IMPORTANT: The BBS start code disables all TFP commands if it is active (see below) until the BBS message has been resolved. The BBS message only appears at Terracorp HQ in Home of Light. There are three responses you can make to the BBS message - if you agree, you will have a captain. If you say thanks, but you'd rather try it alone, you won't get a captain. Both will resolve the BBS and open up the TFP commands. If you respond that you're interested, but not yet in a position to take up the offer, the BBS remains unresolved - the BBS message will keep appearing until one of the other two responses are chosen, but the TFP commands will still be disabled, and you won't be able to hire any pilots. (Unless you have RRRoamers additional commands, for his 'mass pilot hire'.)
The BBS start code only kicks in for new installations or new game starts. If you previously had TFP installed, even if you didn't have any pilots, you won't see the BBS message, and TFP commands will remain available. The cheat script remains in the package, so it can still be used.
I have decided to merge these all into one script/project and have alread done some underlaying changes and bug fixes.
Pilots will not level as fast and will only level to a certain level based on the ship they are currently flying. This makes more sense to me as it keeps ranks in line instead of having a universe on admirals running around. It makes the higher ranks more important and useful in the long run.
I have not merge the script yet but have included all the readmes and scripts into one pakage for ease of installing. I am currently working on flight groups with benifits and a few more things.
I'm an over the road truck driver so there might be times i'm on for a few days back to back or not on for a few weeks, but rest assured I'm working on this project in my free time.
As I don't have a hosting site I have just slapped them up here.
After I get done with my current projects on these scripts I will turn my attention to combining them into one whole script as they all work together anyway. I will also be working on merging the READMES into one readme. Once I get my feet back on the ground I will add more to this initial post.
I forgot to mention if you change over to this script and have old ships with pilots in them the old xp tables will stay the same. The only way to correct this is to sell the ship or remove the pilot and put in a new pilot. Other than that everything else will work the way it's supposed to new pilots will rank like their supposed to ECT... ECT...
*UPDATE* 07/07/06 Part2
Ok I have made it so that the TS's will keep their shields maxxed and not give away those they need. Although I haven't made it where they actively seek out and buy them yet until they are needed for M3's. You can just go pick some up and drop however many you want on the TS and they will keep what they need. I'll be working on fixing the tender doesn't rename or replace itself and working on making the tender auto upgrade it's rudder and engine at time of purchase (I hate when they are slow).
I have posted the new files, remember you *MUST* stop FBC and restart it for the changes to go into effect. These slight changes should up the life of the tenders.
Ok no I haven't released what I was working on but this does fix patrols.
As found by eladan. eladan will I hope be joining the team and helping me out (yes I'm forming a team) this will get more updates out. I am almost done with what I was doing, I just want to know one thing, Do you guys really use FBC or would you rather see it made part of TF's?
Kudos to Myros and dwgh for their works on TCCP and TCCPTF and FBC and to Jensenman to his addedscripting to TCCPTF and TCCP.
All files are current and up to date.
I have stepped down and as such I'll be updating this page for Eladan
Ok - well, I had a new beta available. I guess it's about to become official...
I'll post it here, until I figure out whether I should start a new thread or whether I can somehow change the first post...
I have repackaged this to use siath's package conventions - I.e. it's no longer labeled beta. I did change the author information, and that appears to stop it upgrading siath's version in Cycrow's script installer.
What this means: Please remove all versions of Terracorp Fleet Package both official and beta before installing this to avoid confusion.
This package *should* play nicely with any pilots created by any previous versions of either beta or official packages - however, I have not got installations of all previous versions to test with, so keep a saved game handy from before you install this until you are sure that your pilots have upgraded properly. (And let me know if you have any problems.)
Changes in this version:
- Commands should only show now if it makes sense that the ship could run them. (M4 should no longer have the 'Hire Combat Pilot' command for instance.
- FBC should now only buy AIREs, BIREs, APACs, BPACs, or AHEPTs as weapons for its fighters. Jury's out on allowing BHEPTs for M3+ ships - feedback?
- Rank increases now change the pilots fightskill, which affects far more than speed and turning (speed in combat is one of the vars affected.) ET and RO beyond max on existing ships is removed.
- Implemented an 'honours system' of awards for pilots (most combat based) - some will provide bonuses.
- Move pilot code now allows TF members/leaders to move ship without leaving/disbanding the TF.
- Encountered a problem while testing move pilot where if the command was interrupted, the pilot info could be corrupted. I've made the move pilot code more robust as a result.
- Added M7s being usable by cpilots. Need rank Commodore and leadership of 35.
- Changed remove homebase cmd to use slot 1249 to keep in step with Cycrow's package.
- Assorted minor improvements/bugfixes.
I have not fully tested the fightskill code to test what difference it makes, although there should be a profound difference between the fighting abilities of a Cadet and a Captain with this code. (Which would not necessarily have been the case with the old code!)
I wanted to release it now, though, because a thorough test of that would likely take up to an extra week, possibly longer.
I've jumped the version to 1.47 to keep the script versions in line with the package version, since I was going crazy trying to keep track of versions.
*UPDATE* 01/16/07-Updated to fix a bug with FBC
- More FBC fixes. Hopefully have now removed all references to the subcode lookup script which wouldn't work with the new ships from the patch or modded ships. Added checks for various tasks which could have resulted in problems if certain situations arose.
- Changed the naming of FBC ships and stations - stations now show the name of the FBC in them, and ships now show the name of the pilot.
- Added a tracker script for FBC stations. If the FBC is stopped for any reason, all ships and tasks will be cleaned up. (May take up to 30 seconds.)
- Fixed a couple of issues with honours not displaying properly.
Version 1.49 Changes
- Changed FBC tracker behaviour to stop homebase being removed from fighters when FBC is stopped
- Attempt to ease traffic jam by adding check on docking space before sending idle ships home on FBC.
- Fix for shields not being installed on FBC fighters under certain circumstances
- Fix for AIREs not being installed on FBC fighters under certain circumstances.
- Fixed weapons to be installed in correct turret and slot on FBC fighters.
- Fixed fightskill/ET/RO being lost in ship transfer on FBC.
- Moved in-script text to t files.
Current Version avalible here:
Newest Version (Xai corp.)