Slaves

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

frediculous_biggs

Slaves

Post by frediculous_biggs » Tue, 20. Jun 06, 15:30

Has anybody tried selling/buying slaves?
Can any money be made from them?

If a police ship scans you, I guess that they'll be treated the same as Space Weed.

esd
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)

Post by esd » Tue, 20. Jun 06, 15:31

Slaves are indeed illegal cargo, but you can flog them quite happily to pirate stations.
esd's Guides: X² Loops - X³ MORTs

shadowolf03

Post by shadowolf03 » Tue, 20. Jun 06, 15:34

remember that you need the cargo life support system installed on your ship to be able to keep them alive in your hold. Otherwise they will immediately die once you pick them up.
Look beyond yourself and your horizons.

esd
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)

Post by esd » Tue, 20. Jun 06, 15:54

shadowolf03 wrote:remember that you need the cargo life support system installed on your ship to be able to keep them alive in your hold. Otherwise they will immediately die once you pick them up.
Unless they're in a TP, which is a passenger ship and so doesn't require that piece of equipment.
esd's Guides: X² Loops - X³ MORTs

apogee

Post by apogee » Tue, 20. Jun 06, 16:02

Ooooh and don't forget that they are not illegal in split space.

Etolf

Post by Etolf » Tue, 20. Jun 06, 16:12

what makes me chuckle about slaves is that it's illegal to carry them, yet the authorities are quite happy if you eject them... they will then quite happily destroy them!

tikanderoga

Post by tikanderoga » Tue, 20. Jun 06, 17:00

Etolf wrote:what makes me chuckle about slaves is that it's illegal to carry them, yet the authorities are quite happy if you eject them... they will then quite happily destroy them!
Unlike Space fuel and Space wheed, they don't survive the ejection and get destroyed right away, just as spaceflies.
If you got a monopoly on an operating system, and you make tons of money by supporting it, why fix it?

Mazer

Post by Mazer » Tue, 20. Jun 06, 18:03

slaves make a heep of money, the more ships you cap the more slaves you get. i have made a lot of money off of slaves.
You know you have had enough when you dock at a pirate base and toss a couple bucks at the monitor...

Mazer

Uzi77

Post by Uzi77 » Tue, 20. Jun 06, 18:30

Early in the game; Yes. Once you can afford a ship, bigger than an M4, they are for a better word... worthless. Although the profit margin is brilliant: free to get, 2,000Cr to sell, 100% profit, you will never get them in a sufficient enough quantity to make big money. On the other hand, you could always "create" *cough, cough* a station that 'produces' slaves from say... the resources cloth rimes, and a food. A "Slave Trading Sation", or a "Slave Processing Station". Then you could sell them to the Split, or whatever, but they would at least be a useful commodity in the Universe.
Just an idea though, wouldn't want to corrupt you to the uses of 'Cheating'. :thumb_up:

fud

Post by fud » Tue, 20. Jun 06, 19:00

You could get cycrow's "passengers to slaves" script, that adds a command in the piracy menu to convert passengers from Tour/Ride to Nowhere missions into slaves.

Selling them 400 at a time (in a couple pirate bases that is) is very lucrative. Tho, as soon as you convert them, your rank with that race goes straight to the s**tter.

Uzi77

Post by Uzi77 » Tue, 20. Jun 06, 23:10

Thats funny... I gave him that idea for that script... haven't used it, but nice to know its there just incase I want to turn Pirate. http://forum2.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=131836
I think you meant 4,000, rather than 400. :)

Edit: Oh, your on that thread too, what a coincidence. :thumb_up:

pkd

Post by pkd » Wed, 21. Jun 06, 00:18

esd wrote:but you can flog them quite happily
Interesting way to deal with the slaves. I'll keep that in mind. Do they enjoy a good flogging, or is that your preferred personal method of 'discipline'? lol
http://thecynicalgamer.blogspot.com/
- cause the gaming industry is big business. They can take a little sarcasm.

Tw122le

Post by Tw122le » Wed, 21. Jun 06, 02:19

esd wrote:
shadowolf03 wrote:remember that you need the cargo life support system installed on your ship to be able to keep them alive in your hold. Otherwise they will immediately die once you pick them up.
Unless they're in a TP, which is a passenger ship and so doesn't require that piece of equipment.
Agreed, unless you're using a TP to collect the astronauts/slaves you do need the life support module installed to allow for their capture, however you can then transfer them to another ship without the life support being installed and they still survive okay. :gruebel:
X3 GOTY, X2 v1.4 + 1.03.03. X-BTF & X-Tension 2.1a.
X2 Guides courtesy of Nilof:Click Here
I only play the games, not make the rules.

shane-oh

Post by shane-oh » Wed, 21. Jun 06, 09:51

I like to make prison ships and fill them up with the slaves (they're all pirates so i don't worry about imprisoning innocent people), I get a TP, give it shields (so it is less likely do be destroyed), no weapons (what if the slaves took over the ship), add 20 fighter drones ("guards"), some argnu beef (food), and send it out to the middle of nowhere. Yes it is pointless but i have a lot of time on my hands. Alternatively you could send it through a xenon sector, and if it survives let them go . . . in space :twisted:

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”