Undocking Fighters from Carrier ?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Shadowshifter
x3

Undocking Fighters from Carrier ?

Post by Shadowshifter » Wed, 24. May 06, 23:40

I know this may be a dumb question from a noob but i am currently trying to invade the Khaak sectors. I send in 3 Odysseus Battleships and then i follow with 1 Colossus loaded down with nova fighters. We are attacked as soon as we enter the sector and i cant seem to dispatch my fighters faster than they are being destroyed. Is there a hotkey or command of somekind to dispatch all fighters on a carrier without haveing to access the control panel of each ship individually? :cry: :?:

Pirate hater
x2

Post by Pirate hater » Thu, 25. May 06, 00:30

if you set M1 as homebase they will launch to defend. also rember undocking takes a while.

Jon Tetrino
x4

Post by Jon Tetrino » Thu, 25. May 06, 00:41

set them all as ur wingmen and use the wingmen shortcuts

Shadowshifter
x3

Post by Shadowshifter » Thu, 25. May 06, 00:58

I think i tried makeing some of them my wingmen. But while their docked in the ship the wingman menu is grayed out and wont work. I thought maybe there was a way to undock them all with one click, even though they will only undock one at a time but will do it automatically.

Andaius

Post by Andaius » Thu, 25. May 06, 02:53

You need to use the "Broadcast to all ships..." command I think. Just select a ship in your carrier and give them an order. Work good if you have the others set to protect "flight leaders" as then you only have to give orders to them and the rest will just follow.

dbarclay
x4

Post by dbarclay » Thu, 25. May 06, 13:44

Shadowshifter wrote:I think i tried makeing some of them my wingmen. But while their docked in the ship the wingman menu is grayed out and wont work.

Same with me. This is obviously a bug.

I guess the best idea is to use the 'protect....' leader option before they originaly dock and you only have to control one ship. Not sure what would happen if that one ship got mullered though, probably all just sit around doing nothing. Pretty crap really.

Setting as homebase does work but your ship has got to be attacked first.

Blueman
x3tc

Post by Blueman » Thu, 25. May 06, 13:47

Cool script for that : Anarkis Carrier Commands 1.23

It has the commands:

Set as homebase
All the docked ships in your carrier will have their homebase set to this carrier. They will be renamed according to the carrier name : "Carrier - Ship Class - number".

Equip docked ships with...
Will allow to transfer the same amount of a ware (like missiles or e.cells) from the carrier to all the docked ships.

Refuel Carrier with...
Will allow you to easily refuel a carrier. Select a ware, a quantity and a maximum range (in sectors) and the command will automatically choose the best station. Multiple ships (if needed) will go to the factory to buy the product.

Defensive Wing
Will send a wing of a specified size to protect the carrier. It'll automatically use mixed M3/4/5 when you're are in sector, and it'll only use M3 when OOS. Ships with less than 20% shield or than 80% hull will dock to the carrier and will be replaced by others from the carrier.

Attack Wing against...
Will send a wing of a specified amount of fighters to attack a specified target. Ships with less than 80% of hull will return to the carrier automatically. The ships will fly in formation (so a mixed group of M3/4/5 will arrive at the same time on the target). This is a command designed to attack ONE target. If you need to destroy multiple enemy targets use the clean sector command.

Clear Sector
Will send ships to clean the sector from all enemy activity. All docked ships will be used. 1/5 of the ships will be ordered to defend the carrier.

Dock all ships
All ships owned by the carrier will be ordered to return home. Ships that are 2+ jumps away will try to use the jumpdrive (if available). You should always use this command to recall ships you've launched using the ACC commands.

FORUM POST LInk :

http://forum2.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=128294

TaGert
x3tc

Post by TaGert » Thu, 25. May 06, 20:14

I haven’t got any Destroyers or Carriers yet, but from an Elephant, I command one of the docked fighters to send a command to "all docked ships" to lunch "to whatever".

texyuk
x3tc

Post by texyuk » Thu, 25. May 06, 20:47

TaGert wrote:I haven’t got any Destroyers or Carriers yet, but from an Elephant, I command one of the docked fighters to send a command to "all docked ships" to lunch "to whatever".
.....well I,d be pretty pi$$ed if my wingmen were out at McDonalds when I want them to defend my carrier :roll:

(Sorry that joke was used before in another thread - I just had to steal it).

Texy

TerrorTrooper
x4

Post by TerrorTrooper » Thu, 25. May 06, 21:16

fighters "homebased" to a carrier or TL only launch to defend it if you are in sector, and are not personally flying the carrier...

(again, another issue from X2 that should have been addressed)

what you want to do is go to command menu of 1 docked fighter (any one) and scroll down to "command to all docked ships" and tell them to attack enemys or whatever you want them to do..

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”