[PROGRAM] Ship Manager - Creator & Installer V1.91 : Update 28/02/2007

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

What do you think about this program

5. Execellant
78%
4. Good
16%
3. Average
3%
2. Poor
1%
1. Terrible
1%
Not really my thing
1%

Total votes: 326

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 18. Jun 07, 22:30

the manual entry is realyl for those that understand ship modding. And works in the same way that the X3 Editor works.

the automatic entry attempts to read entries from the scene file for the ship and display them in a list, if theres nothing there, then it hasn't been able to read the scene file for the ship.

put simply those kidns of entries are so you point which gun placement connects with which model entry in the scene file.

in the manual entry you have 2 boxes, the first is the model name, the 2nd is the index position of that mod, ie, which entry it is in the scene file.

remember, you cant simply add new turrets if you havn't added them onto the model in the first place.

also, it might be useful to say how you are creating the ship, are you creating the whole thing from scratch, or just editing an existing one ?

Endomatic

Post by Endomatic » Tue, 19. Jun 07, 03:48

I'm just trying to edit another one for simplicities sake.

I can load the 09.pck and pick it from a list and go from there, however there is no text in the dummies or scene areas because the game already knows that stuff right?

For instance, I'll pick the Jaguar Raider, and make all the speed/shields/turning how I want it but it will still only give me the one gun.

Can I add turrets to any pre-made X3 craft or will it look all messed up if they're not supposed to have turrets in those areas?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 19. Jun 07, 04:50

well the problem with adding turrents is that turrent entries require a cockpit dummie for its camera. So to add another turrent, you need to tell it which model to use as its turret cockpit. So without adding it directly to the scene you can only put the cockpit in the same place as an existing one. So with the jaguar that means only on the front of the ship.

which is most likly not what you want.

the same is true for gun positions, you have to assign the position to an existing gun model on the ship for its Fireing position.

to get the automatic entry to work, u'll need to add the scene file in manually, the import wizard wont do it as the scene file in another file, if u find it, and extract it, then add that as the scene file, it can read from it and use the automatic entry.

but like i said, without new turret and gun position being adding on the model, you wont really be able to add new ones without doubling up the existing ones

Jiggaman
x3tc

Post by Jiggaman » Wed, 20. Jun 07, 06:46

any thoughts on enabling the edit ship feature ion the installer side again?? Not really a big deal as I can edit with the creator, but that edit feature on the installer side was just uber convenient..... :wink:

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 20. Jun 07, 14:27

i plan to make changes to how the installer handles files, so im not going to enable that until the changes have been done. Otherwise i'll only have to redo it again.

i will first release the new Plugin Manager V2.00, then ill work on the changes to XSP files. Once that is done, i will add the feature back in

Mailo
x3

Post by Mailo » Wed, 11. Jul 07, 18:00

Just a heads up to people installing ships into XTM ... the XTM script plugin.XTM.Setup.RaceShipyards apparently resets the race shipyards, overwriting the settings done by the ship installer.

To get the shipyards to sell the new ships, the above file has to be edited.

Strangely this didn't happen with every ship I installed, a few (not all) fighters and M6 were for sale without edits.

Jiggaman
x3tc

Post by Jiggaman » Thu, 12. Jul 07, 17:49

don't know if it's been asked or not, but it appears the the Ship Creater mod causes a conflict with the docking ability in XTM. Standard XTM allows for docking at all the respective places for ship sizes as long as you have the rep. But XTM + Ship Creator seems to completely shut off the various shipyards to just capital ships. You can buy from them still via trade extension, but there is no way to sell ships with the Ship Creator mod on.

Mailo
x3

Post by Mailo » Thu, 12. Jul 07, 17:57

This is not correct, I have installed about 30 ships into XTM using the ship installer without docking problems.
The Star Trek models from MM caused a docking problem at XTM shipyards, he since updated them, the new versions do not cause this any longer.

Jiggaman
x3tc

Post by Jiggaman » Thu, 12. Jul 07, 18:44

I still can't dock M3 and smaller ships at XTM shipyards with the Ship Creator on. I am talking about ships I have added AND the standard XTM ships. The ONLY thing in my game that can dock there are Standard XTM and Imported capital ships.

But the second I turn the Ship Creator mod off, everything can dock where it's supposed to do. Specifically TP/TS/M3-M7 can all dock at the shipyard.

Mailo
x3

Post by Mailo » Thu, 12. Jul 07, 20:19

I can only repeat myself, there is no problem with XTM and the ship installer. I just docked with a B-Wing at the XTM shipyard in Argon Prime, which according to you I should not have been able to do.
If you do have a problem, you have installed one or several ships that cause this. MM's Star Trek capital ships were known to cause this until he adapted them to work with XTM.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 12. Jul 07, 20:44

Jiggaman wrote:I still can't dock M3 and smaller ships at XTM shipyards with the Ship Creator on. I am talking about ships I have added AND the standard XTM ships. The ONLY thing in my game that can dock there are Standard XTM and Imported capital ships.

But the second I turn the Ship Creator mod off, everything can dock where it's supposed to do. Specifically TP/TS/M3-M7 can all dock at the shipyard.
i would suggest trying to isntall 1 ship at a time and see what happens

Jiggaman
x3tc

Post by Jiggaman » Sat, 14. Jul 07, 04:01

still a no-go. I even used a blank ship creater mod to see if it would work if I didn't install any ships....nada. That's why I am more convinced that it's not a ship xsp and rather a conflict between the mod and XTM.

I can point you to more people here and on the XTM forums who are having the same prob just to let you know it's not just me.

spoidz
x3tc

Post by spoidz » Thu, 19. Jul 07, 19:35

Mailo,

Looks like I may have the same issue with Apricotslice ships.

Any chance you would elaborate on what you had to edit or point me to a source for the details.

If not suitable for this thread feel free to PM me.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 24. Jul 07, 01:03

The Ship Manager is now part of the Plugin Manager

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”