[SCRIPT] Spacefly Hunting Software V1.01 : Updated 15/05/2006

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

[SCRIPT] Spacefly Hunting Software V1.01 : Updated 15/05/2006

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 13. May 06, 23:22

===========================================
Name: X3 Spacefly Hunting
Version: V1.01
Author: Cycrow
Updated: 15/05/2006
:arrow: Requires EMP - SPK Download
:arrow: Requires Script Manager to install
:arrow: Download : Mirror 1 : Mirror 2
My other scripts are available Here

V1.01
* Removed left over debug log

This script adds a new peice of software avile from all good split equipment docks.
The update is the Spacefly Hunting Software.

This software will allow you to set your ships to hunt for spaceflies.
To start the command your ships requires an Ion Distruper and Spacefly collector, as well as the installed software.
You will also need to assign at least one dropoff point.

Dropoff Points:

You will find a command under the Pircay menu to add and remove dropoff points.
Dropoff points are stations or ships you wish to deliever the spaceflies to once you have collected them.
These must be your own stations and ships. Only stations capable of storing spaceflies can be selected, mainly trading docks and equipment docks.
The ships you select much either have docking room for the ship, ie a TL, or be docked at a station so the hunter can dock to transfer the spaceflies.
Or finally if the ship has the transporter device installed, it will use that to transfer to any ship.

If you select the ship your running the command on, it will display the current list of drop off points.

Starting the Command:

Once your ship is setup and you have droppoff points added you will get access to the Spacefly hunting command. This will start the hunter.
The hunter will fly around the universe in search of spaceflies to hunt after collecting enough they will return to drop them off at the closest available
drop off point then carry on the hunt. Hunters also require rest, so they will fly to a station and wait there for a time before starting to hunt again.
Last edited by Cycrow on Mon, 15. May 06, 16:52, edited 1 time in total.

Blueman
x3tc

Post by Blueman » Sun, 14. May 06, 00:06

Damn cycrow u keep comming with cool scripts! Keep on the good work and we'll all be very happy;) :P

Fendalis
x3

Post by Fendalis » Sun, 14. May 06, 00:52

Dude, you rock! Why hasn't egosoft given you a job? Or have they... :lol:

Keep 'em coming, and I'll keep installing them!
Welcome to Rev-Co
http://rev-co.net

"If something seems too good to be true it's better to shoot it just in case."

Hieronymos
x3

Post by Hieronymos » Sun, 14. May 06, 04:38

Could never figure out how to effectively and efficiently hunt spaceflies as a viable early game cas strategy. Even in X2. It's like anybody's even written a guide on it, either. Now we don't have to! Just assign a ship...and voila! Wonderful!

DrunkenPirate
x3ap

Post by DrunkenPirate » Sun, 14. May 06, 09:14

Damn, he never stops. :o

If Egosoft packaged all his work onto a CD and charged £20 for it I think it would do pretty damn well.

Stevio
x3tc

Post by Stevio » Sun, 14. May 06, 09:23

now the spacefly collector has a use :D

i don' particarly like hunting them myself, but its good money :P

Yellowman
x4

Post by Yellowman » Sun, 14. May 06, 11:37

OMG pls spare some donations for this guy :P .

Tnx cycrow again for a nice script :)

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Update 1.01

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 15. May 06, 16:52

a small update to remove a debug log message that i left in

creidiki
xr

Post by creidiki » Mon, 15. May 06, 17:14

Nifty! :o

*downloads*

You realize about half the scripts im running say "Cycrow", right? How do you keeep doing it? :D
I am not as think as you drunk I am.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 15. May 06, 18:47

hehe, well, i only have 23 scripts :P

Yellowman
x4

Post by Yellowman » Mon, 15. May 06, 19:16

Cycrow wrote:hehe, well, i only have 23 scripts :P
Are u saying that there are ppls that have more :roll: :P

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 15. May 06, 19:23

Yellowman wrote:
Cycrow wrote:hehe, well, i only have 23 scripts :P
Are u saying that there are ppls that have more :roll: :P
everyone together yeah probably :P

Hieronymos
x3

Post by Hieronymos » Wed, 17. May 06, 04:40

This Spacefly script is pretty much only relevant for the mid-game onwards--needing a player-owned TL or Trading Station for spacefly dropoff. Looks very cool--and potentially lucrative. Got some questions:

a) How many spacefly hunters can the universe support? Anybody tested the economic limits of this script yet?

b) No conflicts using other ship-protection scripts like the Xai-Corp's NOS?

c) Any possibility of modifying the script for use in the early game, by letting the dropoff point be, say, a Pirate Base?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 17. May 06, 05:08

the script was designed not to to sell the spaceflys as well, which makes pirate bases out of the question.

its also the the reason only trading docks and eq docks are used, as they are the only ones the ship can drop stuff off to.

but, they are not the only drop off point, all you need is another ship, you can set any ship as a drop off point

however, the ship either needs to allow docking, so the hunter can dock and transfer the spaceflies, or it will make use of the transporter device to allow transfers to any ship in space. It can also transfer to docked ships, ie, you could have a TS docked at any station, a pirate base if you wish, the hunter will dock and transfer the spaceflies to the ship as well.

so you can use it at any stage of the game.

there shouldn't be any other conflicts it just uses another command to control the ship, just like any command does.

i really dont know how many the universe can support, theres no limit to how many the hunters can collect, the limit is on how many you will be able to sell.

but with the smugglers guild, this becomes less of a problem ;)

Yellowman
x4

Post by Yellowman » Wed, 17. May 06, 09:37

I currently have two spacefly hunters and i can tell u that two is enough. Or else u get the prob like cycrow said of not able to sell ur spacefly's.

Yellowman
x4

Post by Yellowman » Wed, 17. May 06, 09:37

I currently have two spacefly hunters and i can tell u that two is enough. Or else u get the prob like cycrow said of not able to sell ur spacefly's.

Hieronymos
x3

Post by Hieronymos » Wed, 17. May 06, 22:04

Thinking out loud here, to use this script effectively in the early game, what's needed is a pair of M3's for hunting and a TS hanging out at any station in a relatively safe sector for collection--or with Xai-NOS in a sector like Elena's Fortune--with 5 pirate bases within 3 jumps (haven't done a survey of which P-bases buy 'flies). Once the TS starts to fill up..you either pilot it yrself for a Smuggler's Guild mission, or send it off to P-bases. Preferably automatically, with a trading script, that would kick in once the hold gets >20% full.

So: any consensus on what a good automated single-ware selling script would be for the TS 'flies tender, to fully automate it? Are there even any trading scripts that would work with this script?

Also: do the 'fly Hunters use their jumpdrives much? How many jumps will they move from the collector ship/station? And how do/will they replenish jump fuel?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 17. May 06, 22:11

im not certain about the jumpdrives.

i did add in the ability to use jumpdrives and to restore its fuel supplies for the jump, but i've not properly tested that.

they wont use the jumpdrive during the collection process, as they never move more than a few sectors at a time making the jumpdrive not that necessary.

but they will use it when they are dropping off the spaceflies and the distance is high enough, if its only a few sectors they wont bother.

they can also make use of the advanced jumpdrive if you have it installed along with the addon for it.

Fendalis
x3

Post by Fendalis » Wed, 17. May 06, 22:52

Not noticed if my Barracuda is using his jumpdrive, but he's collected better than 80 spaceflies since I've had this going...works for me. :D
Welcome to Rev-Co
http://rev-co.net

"If something seems too good to be true it's better to shoot it just in case."

Skorne Tet'Zu
x3

Post by Skorne Tet'Zu » Tue, 4. Jul 06, 05:55

Blast!!!!

I'm trying to run the SpaceFly Script. I have the software installed on a Nova and another on a Vulture. Both have SpaceFly Collectors, and both allow me to select my Carrier as the drop off point... also both have Transporters. However, neither will activate the "Hunt for SpaceFlies" option. I'm lost on this one.

And just to add to the 'HoopLa'... You are good with the scripts Cy... I'm up to about 12 or so; not sure how many are yours... but your name does seem to appear a lot in my Manager :). Great Job!!! I'll be transferring 5,000,000cr to your personal account!!!

Skorne

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”