How do you deploy laser Towers?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Sinqnew
x3

How do you deploy laser Towers?

Post by Sinqnew » Fri, 21. Apr 06, 10:02

Its a blunt question I know, but I was having some trouble trying to figure out how to actually deploy the laser tower, the answer was probably infront of my face but I have had no luck in setting up any laser towers

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Fri, 21. Apr 06, 10:16

Just eject them.

If your doing a few, just lower your speed, and eject one by one where you want them.

Sinqnew
x3

Post by Sinqnew » Fri, 21. Apr 06, 10:17

Are you sure? I tested it out by ejecting a laser tower and it didnt do anything, I just lost the tower and that was it - Though i was testing this out in a Teladi Sector, can you only deploy them in non-nation sectors?

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Fri, 21. Apr 06, 10:20

Sinqnew wrote:Are you sure? I tested it out by ejecting a laser tower and it didnt do anything, I just lost the tower and that was it - Though i was testing this out in a Teladi Sector, can you only deploy them in non-nation sectors?
Yes, very sure. It should just appear on the nav map as a LT.

Mad Jock McMad
x3

Post by Mad Jock McMad » Fri, 21. Apr 06, 10:34

I have a tower hauler Mercury that does a circuit between several lasertower facs, when it's got 20-odd in the hold, I just order it to move to a position by the gate to Xenon sectors and dump the lot - seems to work ok.

If you want the towers to protect a particular factory or complex, you need to assign that fac as homebase to the tower.
My baby is a basket case
A bipolar mama in leather and lace

WZ RIP

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Fri, 21. Apr 06, 10:37

Mad Jock McMad wrote: I just order it to move to a position by the gate to Xenon sectors and dump the lot - seems to work ok.
If they are too close, once they turn far enough, they will tend to shoot each other rather than the target. They have no way of telling if they should not fire because one of your ships or stations is between them and the target.

Mad Jock McMad
x3

Post by Mad Jock McMad » Fri, 21. Apr 06, 11:02

True, but they are "free" (my own facs), so when I restock, I just order the Mercury to the position of the most damaged tower and dump another 20!

I have towers by most Xenon gates - when a Xenon P raiding party comes through, I lose one or two towers, but take out the P and all his little friends, so the "friendly fire" problem doesnt seem to be too bad!
My baby is a basket case
A bipolar mama in leather and lace

WZ RIP

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”