*SPOILER* Earth

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

cheesemonkey
x4

*SPOILER* Earth

Post by cheesemonkey » Tue, 18. Apr 06, 23:26

You know all those earth ships that fly around heretics end in front of that jump gate after the end of the story. Well i was wondering if it was possible to get past them and through that jump gate to travel to earth again? Also was just wondering why the hell they are so violent towards every1 in x universe, i know it said they were suspicious, but suspicious of what exactly? didn't the argons come from earth? confused :?

BOBER
x3

Post by BOBER » Tue, 18. Apr 06, 23:37

The gate dose not work. I got passed them and I just flew strait through it. :evil:
I don’t rally blame them for being on edge.
Humans almost faced extinction because of the terraformers (Xenon).
That would make any race very apprehensive of anyone, including the Argon.
Quote "Procrastination is a Lazy mans best friend"

CABM
x3

Post by CABM » Tue, 18. Apr 06, 23:41

I don't think its a real jump gate that works.

As for the humans well i think the plot just got silly I'm mean surely the paranid would not befriend them, more likely think it was a surpise attack from the argons and start a massive war. Now that would be a cool story line for X4. But I put down the unfinished plot to the rush that egosoft was in to meet deadlines.
If life was easy it wouldn't be so fun.

cheesemonkey
x4

Post by cheesemonkey » Tue, 18. Apr 06, 23:45

but didn't the argon come from earth? so they would know that there would have been a fleet still there. How long have the argon been stuck in the x universe? seeing that Kyle can't be more than 50 and Julian is about 25. Didn't Kyle discover it.

On another note it would be cool for someone to make an "Earth post diplomatic negotiation" mod so earth ships are friendly and you can use the earth gate to travel to earth and trade with them for new technology and ships.

cheesemonkey
x4

Post by cheesemonkey » Tue, 18. Apr 06, 23:48

yeh at the end when that Ban Danna said that he had been given command of all paranid ships fromt their mega priest or whatever. I was like wtf the main paranid handed over command to a "lower lifeform" as they put it. surely he would want command of the argon and go in himself.

cheesemonkey
x4

Post by cheesemonkey » Tue, 18. Apr 06, 23:52

Whilst im on a rant i might as well also say that i thought that the teladi ships look more like what i would have imagined human ships to be like than the argon.

BOBER
x3

Post by BOBER » Tue, 18. Apr 06, 23:58

Argon lost Earth around 700 years ago.
Kyle came to the X universe using the experimental shuttle, and got stuck here. Set up terracorp and been trying to get back to earth till now.
There’s a link somewhere that will tell the story, put I cant find it at the moment.

Oh and you can edit your post so you dont have to make more.

CABM
x3

Post by CABM » Tue, 18. Apr 06, 23:58

BOBER wrote:Humans almost faced extinction because of the terraformers (Xenon).
That would make any race very apprehensive of anyone, including the Argon.
Sure but why did they build the jump drive if they were affaid of exploring the universe.
cheesemonkey wrote:but didn't the argon come from earth?
they did but they started a new society and choose to forget about their past however the goners whated to go back to earth. You would think that after Kyle explained who the argons are that the humans would welcome them back, after all the ancesters of the argons saved earth.

KaRsKiN
xr

Post by KaRsKiN » Wed, 19. Apr 06, 00:02

You have to understand this from Earth's point of view. All of a sudden, the MIA Kyle Brennan re-appears, and leads you through a Jump-Gate right into the middle of a massive battle, then all of a sudden all these races start to contact you.

Your first reaction would be, pretect all gates back to Earth until we can send out emmisaries and sort out the political situation. Until then make sure NOTHING gets back to Earth.

It makes sense and leaves the plot wide open for X4!

The X plot is awsoeme, its just presented in game very poorly...

BOBER
x3

Post by BOBER » Wed, 19. Apr 06, 00:07

Sure but why did they build the jump drive if they were affaid of exploring the universe.
Actually the shuttle is a hybrid of the first ship sent back to earth by the Xenon if I recall. So I guess they wanted to see what the gateless jump drive could do. Not sure why the Xenon didn’t sent more.

KaRsKiN
xr

Post by KaRsKiN » Wed, 19. Apr 06, 00:12

BOBER wrote:
Actually the shuttle is a hybrid of the first ship sent back to earth by the Xenon if I recall. So I guess they wanted to see what the gateless jump drive could do. Not sure why the Xenon didn’t sent more.
I suppose they didn't have the resources to outfit an entire fleet with gateless jumpdrives?

CABM
x3

Post by CABM » Wed, 19. Apr 06, 00:16

My bad i thought it was human engineering. Just goes to show that you shouldn't mess with stuff you don't understand.
KaRsKiN wrote:You have to understand this from Earth's point of view

yeah i guess but you have to say the paranid took the events very well.(ie. not going and saying "paranid don't understand whats happening, must destroy lesser creatures")

KaRsKiN
xr

Post by KaRsKiN » Wed, 19. Apr 06, 00:19

Yeah as they usually tend to do :lol:

But from what i understand the Terran fleet is immensly powerful anyway so any trouble would have been dealt with quickly?

cheesemonkey
x4

Post by cheesemonkey » Wed, 19. Apr 06, 00:19

yeh haha i don't think the paranid are all that bad they are just up themselves, i think every1 else just humours them and has a laugh behind their back. :D

KaRsKiN
xr

Post by KaRsKiN » Wed, 19. Apr 06, 00:26

What kind of ships do the Terrans use by the way? I know there supposed to be really good. Could anyone post any pictures as well if possible. Im really patriotic towards Earth in any games i play!

CABM
x3

Post by CABM » Wed, 19. Apr 06, 00:29

You know its strange i was thinking of starting a thread that discussed the plot and allowed people to discuss where they thinks its heading but it looks like you guys bet me to it.

Anyone else think that there should be less random evil races introduced (ie. khaak=X2, Yaki=X3.)

And have the relations between current races devolped.

KaRsKiN
xr

Post by KaRsKiN » Wed, 19. Apr 06, 00:32

With regards to the evil races, i think the Yaki went too far. The whole K'haak war was a good idea but they didn't add enough atmosphere (not enough HUGE battles for survival if you know what i mean) but the Yaki was just too far.

Personally with the Arrival of the Terrans, id like to see relationships between the races degenerate and lead to a universe wide war between the Boron/Argon/Terrans? and the Split/Paranid. With the Teladi financing the highest bidder.

BUT, then the Old Ones step in to reinforce their master plan...(X4 maybe?)

EDIT: @ CABM, yeah i like the idea of a thread for discussing the Plot...

BOBER
x3

Post by BOBER » Wed, 19. Apr 06, 00:39

KaRsKiN
xr

Post by KaRsKiN » Wed, 19. Apr 06, 00:42

:o WOW The Odin is awsoeme!

Any pics?

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”