x2 wont work but demo does

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-Tension or X-Beyond The Frontier

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

HisDevineShadow
x2

x2 wont work but demo does

Post by HisDevineShadow » Sat, 29. Nov 03, 20:05

I installed X2, but when i try to run either by clicking the icon or even clicking play on the auto cd run screen i get nothing.

I've checked my programs running via ctrl-alt-delete and i do indeed see x2.exe running with 99% cpu power, but visually i'm still at the desktop.

heeelllp
HisDevineShadow

AJ Rimmer Bsc.Ssc.

Post by AJ Rimmer Bsc.Ssc. » Sat, 29. Nov 03, 20:10

open task manager

click x2

click "switch to"

if that fails its crashed.

tell us whats showing in task manager.

then check system information/tools/system configuration utility/startup and see if theres something there loading you cant see in tasker.

HisDevineShadow
x2

got it working, now have other problems

Post by HisDevineShadow » Sat, 29. Nov 03, 21:05

I set it to run in compability mode with win98 and now the game will run

my next problem is that its completely unplayable in game because it does not reconigze keystroked, or it gets stuck on a key or keys just change while playing.

for instance, i target a ship with the 't' key. then i try to fire with left mouse button and the left mouse button changes freaking targets instead of firing weapons

i'm having problems in menus that the highlight will continuely scroll either up or down so that i cant control it to select anything

i press 'a' for engine speedup and it not only does that but it changes targets at the same time

its like the keyboard is changing key fucntions every second on me.

this game has more bugs than an alpha version ... unless someone can tell me whats going on.. i despise running in compatibility mode too

HisDevineShadow
HisDevineShadow

Bernd
Site Admin
Site Admin
x4

Post by Bernd » Sun, 30. Nov 03, 04:12

Hi,

first problem: It should not be necessary to set the shortcut to compatibility mode. There is something wrong either with your OS (which version of Windows are you using?) or your installation of X2.
If you are sure your OS is clean and no other programs might be causing your problems, you may try to reinstall X2 and make sure you do install WMFDist (offered at the end of the installation).

second problem: Your keys are mixed up because they seem to be misconfigured. Reset your settings by starting the game with default settings. This will also reset all keys to standard. Key & mouse mappings can be changed in the input settings.

-Bernd

Return to “X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-T and X-BTF - Technical Support”