Something fishy going on here...

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

djgoatboy
x3

Something fishy going on here...

Post by djgoatboy » Fri, 31. Mar 06, 11:36

Hey guys,

I seem to be having some more trouble with the aquatic buggers again:

I'm playing Bankrup Assasin, doing ok (few mill in the bank, few stations, startings of a fleet etc.) and following wiping out a couple of Xenon P patrols in Born space they (FINALLY) like me now and will allow me to dock at thier stations, trade with them etc. etc.

There is a slight problem though... Well, two to be precise:

1: Some random Boron stations are still highlighted in red, and won't let me dock no matter what i do - I've never landed at these stations (so i couldn't have "failed" any missions i took from there) and i've never attacked a Born station (despite the temptation) - So i really can't figure out why they are red - Any ideas how to make peace? (i.e. where is the "send box of muffins" button to cheer them up?) :D

2: (And this is the big one) Some of the Born ships don't like me either; and while this is usually not a problem (i.e. they are traders or couriers etc. that i have no contact with) i have at least four Boron Military ships in Kingdom End that seem to have taken offence to something i have done since they will (quite enthusiastically) attack me, and any of my traders that go there. I tried flying in and hailing the Capital ship to 'apologise' (apologising for something i didn't know i had done... Sounds like my ex lol) - and some turned blue again, but unfortunately not all of them (and then they started firing missiles, my back turret started going of and it all ended in tears... and a rapid reload! lol)

This is the big problem because i have two mines in Antigone Memorial, and the Sales ships keep wanting to go to Kingdom End to sell the wares; and then they get the cr*p kicked out of them... Which is NEVER good for business! :( (and i can't set the jump distance to any less than 3, otherwise they won't be able to sell to Ore/Silicon to anyone)

Any ideas guys? Help is most definitely appreciated!
"Thank you. When the world is mine your death shall be quick and painless!"

General Dave
x4

Post by General Dave » Fri, 31. Mar 06, 11:41

Destroy the offending ships, they seem to be war-mongering as s holes.

Either get they close to an asteroid and tractor/blow it up, then appologise to the big boys again.....

When your rank is at a low level you will not be allowed in certain core sectors (like KE) and going there will result in you getting fried....

Limit your mines to not jump to KE (reduce number of jumps) and improve your rep with the Boron.. :)
:)

teladianium
x3

Post by teladianium » Fri, 31. Mar 06, 12:16

I recently had the same problem - and still have - as I'm playing Savage Split, there is a thread here:

http://forum2.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=135346

there are some informative posts towards the end of the thread. Just being lazy...

brett

pccenter
xr

Post by pccenter » Fri, 31. Mar 06, 12:27

For the ships who don't like you, you can communicate at distance below 8Km and say "sorry my weapons....." (tip : if don't forgive you try again, some time need to try 3-4 time).
As for the stations the only way to like you is to hack them from BBS mission in Pirate Bases (tip : save before hack, some times failure)

djgoatboy
x3

Post by djgoatboy » Fri, 31. Mar 06, 12:33

Thanks for the posts guys.

Dave: "i can't set the jump distance to any less than 3, otherwise they won't be able to sell to Ore/Silicon to anyone" - So that won't work.

"Destroy the offending ships, they seem to be war-mongering as s holes" - Yeah, not likely to help the race rep though is it? And if i attack them the Capital ship will attack me (becasue it's a core sector) and i'll be back where i started!

pccentre: "For the ships who don't like you, you can communicate at distance below 8Km" - You can't do that for fighters- and these are the ones that are causing the problems...

teladianium: Thanks for the link, some good stuff in there!
"Thank you. When the world is mine your death shall be quick and painless!"

pccenter
xr

Post by pccenter » Fri, 31. Mar 06, 12:52

djgoatboy wrote:pccenter: "For the ships who don't like you, you can communicate at distance below 8Km" - You can't do that for fighters- and these are the ones that are causing the problems...
In my last game i start as Kha'ak Invader and i do it many times for the police and military forces. Only once when i went to Ocean of Fantasy some military ships near the game was allways red and don't even can communicate with them. But was in no motion and fire only when i go near them.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”