The Gate: TT3 ch1 complete (24/11/03)

Official fiction, fan fiction and artwork. Let your talent express itself!

Moderators: TheElf, Moderators for English X Forum

pixel
x3tc

Post by pixel » Sun, 23. Nov 03, 11:21

like it Merc!! 8) :thumb_up:

three things:

bowed gracefully out of [not our of]
golden fur [not fir]
Their ships [not there]
"I find your lack of belief in the Three Dimensionality disturbing." Mercenary

"So getting this chick back is more than just getting a chick back. It's the concrete manifestation of an abstract policy goal. And we like concrete - right, Vic?"

Red wine...the only way to frag

Al
x3tc

Post by Al » Sun, 23. Nov 03, 15:04

Nice one Merc :)

Al
X2 Capture Guru - X3:TC Noob :D
X2 Capture Guide

Mercenary
x3tc

Post by Mercenary » Mon, 24. Nov 03, 11:07

Cheers all,

Pixel: edited, thanks.

Next part should be ready in a couple of days...

Mercenary
x3tc

Post by Mercenary » Mon, 24. Nov 03, 21:25

Sooner than expected.

Chapter completed... new bad guy... etc...

KiwiNZ
x4

Post by KiwiNZ » Tue, 25. Nov 03, 01:11

Cool, read! Nice interaction between Broden and Tor :D I also liked the way you linked the talk between Broden and Tor with the one between Tor and the prisoner :twisted:

That new character is an interesting introduction of an upcoming problem. Not that I can see him get away in the Defiance, after all, that is Sweety's home now. However, he certainly can cause some problems.

Looking forward to the next chapter.

"couple of decade" - decadeS
" is a mere incidental"

Moss
x2

Post by Moss » Tue, 25. Nov 03, 06:07

The new bad guy seems very coldhearted and calculating, and someone is definitly going to be very dead soon if his plans work out!

Loved the humour between Broden and Tor in the lift :) it made me chuckle and it did slot in well with the conversation with the first prisoner, poor guy :wink: nice too, to have this addition earlier than expected, I can certainly live with that :D

Very entertaining read, cheers.

SteveMill
x4

Post by SteveMill » Tue, 25. Nov 03, 10:05

Nice opener. :)

Al
x3tc

Post by Al » Tue, 25. Nov 03, 10:29

Nice one Merc

Al
X2 Capture Guru - X3:TC Noob :D
X2 Capture Guide

Gandalf The White
x3

Post by Gandalf The White » Tue, 25. Nov 03, 12:38

Very nice Merc!

Keep it going. Looking forward to ch2
some who deserve life receive death. Others who deserve death receive life. Can you give it to them? Don't be eager to deal out death in judgement, for not even the wise can see all ends.

Mercenary
x3tc

Post by Mercenary » Tue, 25. Nov 03, 14:53

Cheers all...

Appreciated.

Kiwi,

Corrected the first one but need to go check on the other.

General Morphit
x3

Post by General Morphit » Tue, 25. Nov 03, 23:40

Cheeky git, sir.

:D ahh, great opening chapter, very interesting devlopments with lots of depth going into these characters. Looking forward to ch2 :)

Any idea on the length your aiming for here? Will 'The Gate' be a short 4-5 chapter infill because it seems to me like theres enough material here to flesh out something even longer than the previous stories.

Mercenary
x3tc

Post by Mercenary » Wed, 26. Nov 03, 10:10

General Morphit wrote:Cheeky git, sir.

:D ahh, great opening chapter, very interesting devlopments with lots of depth going into these characters. Looking forward to ch2 :)

Any idea on the length your aiming for here? Will 'The Gate' be a short 4-5 chapter infill because it seems to me like theres enough material here to flesh out something even longer than the previous stories.
Hi Morphit,

In terms of length, you're right it's going to be a good number of chapters. Probably similar to the first Traders. Setting this story up as more of a "suspense / thriller" type rather than "action / adventure".

Homebound will drop back into that style and by the time that one kicks off again I, and everyone else, will be familiar with the X2 Universe.. Which means I have until Feb and a little bit beyond to get this one finished.. :)

Moss
x2

Post by Moss » Wed, 26. Nov 03, 13:34

So by the time you restart Homebound you won't have to worry about dropping spoilers into the story, the Khaak will be portrayed as in the game and we still get a great read untill then, cool :D and possibly OU (or X3) will have a new race, the Mohrabas! :wink:

Return to “Creative Universe”