Missile Defense Mosquito
(Version 3.2.05 - March 18, 2006)
Overview Missile Defense Mosquito
- This software protects small and big ship classes against missile and fight drone attacks by shooting down incoming missiles with mosquito missiles.
- This software protects the relay leader or whole convoys against missile attacks and hostile fight drones. Only one ship in the group with this software must be operated.
-> Missile Defense Mosquito (Version 3.2.05)
Installation using the script editor
The X³ Script Editor has to be activated for this extension. To activate the script editor follow the following steps:
- enter the menu to change your pilot's name
- type Thereshallbewings (note the capital T) and press enter
- the menu will close, your player name will NOT have been changed, and a confirmation beep will sound on correct activation
- you will now find the "Script Editor" menu item in the command console
- Save your game now and leave X³
Installation without activating the script editor
In the case that the script editor is active, several ingame menus are showing additional information about scripts and the script engine. Since this may disturb a player you may use another method to use unsigned scripts without the use of the script editor. You have to modify the scripts for that. It does not prevent your game from becoming modified.
Open the file "setup.plugin.defmissile.xml" with any text editor. Notepad, which is a included in MS Windows®, can be used without problems. You must not use MS Word® or MS WordPad® because the file is encoded in UTF 8 which is not supported by these programs. Notepad will not cause any problems with this encoding.
You have to change the following lines in the script file, but the only change is the insertion of an exclamation mark. After applying the changes, save the file.
<sval type="array" size="10"><sval type="string" val="setup.plugin.defmissile" …
<sval type="array" size="10"><sval type="string" val="!setup.plugin.defmissile" …
Save the file now and quit notepad. You have to rename the file now by inserting an exclamation mark at the beginning.
C:\Games\X3 - Reunion/scripts/setup.plugin.defmissile.xml
C:\Games\X3 - Reunion/scripts/!setup.plugin.defmissile.xml
Of course it would be possible to offer the alternative script as a downloadable file, but this way you get the chance to modify other scripts as well.
Instructions Missile Defense Mosquito
This software protects small and big ship classes against missile and fight drone attacks by shooting down incoming missiles with mosquito missiles.
Mosquito class missiles are required, as well as Fight Command Software MK1 and MK2. All three may be bought in equipment docks of the various races.
Quick starting guide
- Equip a small or big ship classes with Mosquito class missiles, Fight Command Software MK1 and MK2
- Choose the command "Missile defense mosquito" from the additional ships command menu
- A small or big ship classes (M1, M2, M3, M4, M5, M6, TL, TS oder TP)
- Fight Command Software MK1
- Fight Command Software MK2
- Mosquito class missiles
Activate the software from the additional commands menu. While active, the software looks for hostile missiles and fight drones which are a threat, and fires mosquito class missiles against them to try to destroy them. To disable the software, select the command in the occupied command slot to turn it off. The software will also terminate if no mosquito class missiles remain on board.
With the command "missile defense mosquito convoy", which is to be likewise found in the additional command menu, can protect a ship equipped with mosquitos the relay leader or a whole convoy. This missile defense ship must follow the relay leader with the navigation command "follow..." or protect it with the fight command "protects...".
Technical data Missile Defense Mosquito
448002.xml (ID 8002)
498002.xml (ID 8002)
Task 10 or 11
< Keywords: ScripterLucike, Script, Missiles, Defense, Mosquito >