What Is System Override Software for?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

teddyTD
x2

What Is System Override Software for?

Post by teddyTD » Tue, 7. Feb 06, 22:21

Hey guys,
If any of you tried to upgrade your ship with a "System Override Software"
at Pirate base.? what does it actualy for? I've tried it with different illegal goods and still got busted.
:?:

Uzi77
x4

Post by Uzi77 » Tue, 7. Feb 06, 22:23

It allows you to captpure an abandoned ship without leaving your ship, you still have to be very close though. It's not worth buying.

mrbadger
x3tc

Post by mrbadger » Tue, 7. Feb 06, 22:34

don't bother. It's expensive, illegal everywhere, and doesn't help all that much really.

If you do use it, keep it in a wingmans ship, then beam it to yours when you want to use it. Unless you are constantly capturing ships it's a waste of money.

All I got when I bought it was attacked by a cop. One reload later to before I bought it solved that.
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. ... Niccolò Machiavelli

DIGSIN
x4

Post by DIGSIN » Tue, 7. Feb 06, 23:29

This one is'nt illegal

http://forum2.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=112957

Just costs more

mrbadger
x3tc

Post by mrbadger » Tue, 7. Feb 06, 23:43

DIGSIN wrote:This one is'nt illegal

http://forum2.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=112957

Just costs more
yes, but that's a script, not standard. They should sort out the standard one I reckon.

I saved for ages to buy mine when I got it. I was gutted when it turned out to be a waste of money.
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. ... Niccolò Machiavelli

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 7. Feb 06, 23:54

nothing wrong with using scripts :P

mrbadger
x3tc

Post by mrbadger » Wed, 8. Feb 06, 00:15

Cycrow wrote:nothing wrong with using scripts :P
I wasn't saying that, there is indeed nothing wrong with them but if people don't want to modify their game, they aren't an option.

I don't use scripts. I had a quick play with them, but decided to muddle past some of the current glaring problems without them.
So my station buying/selling ships are horribly inneficient, I can't have good system over-ride software, I can't win the lottery, my UT's go to dangerous sectors, and..um..

Hmm, when I come to write it down, it is a bit silly really.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 8. Feb 06, 00:19

mrbadger wrote: Hmm, when I come to write it down, it is a bit silly really.
[Oooh! Just a little nudge, and the S & M guys will have him. So close] :lol:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

mrbadger
x3tc

Post by mrbadger » Wed, 8. Feb 06, 00:34

Nanook wrote:
mrbadger wrote: Hmm, when I come to write it down, it is a bit silly really.
[Oooh! Just a little nudge, and the S & M guys will have him. So close] :lol:
I *really* wish people wouldn't call it S&M, that just sounds dodgy :-)

But yes, if the next patch doesn't include some decent fixes, I may well, no cheats though. I know the guy who wrote that awesome station trader script for X2 now works for egosoft, so I'm hoping that his script gets updated and made official.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”