[Script] Bulk Transporter Upgrade [1.14 Update 31.03.06]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

al_main
x3

Post by al_main » Sat, 30. Dec 06, 03:06

TS Ships? (Now THAT is lazy! :P )

Same for M6/M7 as they can dock anyway.

Though on the other hand theres no reason I can think of why such a device wouldnt work on a M6/TS size ship. Although then you could argue that why cant it work on fighters aswell, but it would be getting abit out of hand if no ships ever needed to dock ever! (Suppose you could argue that a fighter's reactor isnt powerful enough to power it or something)

Hmmm, hadnt considered allowing it on M6/TS class ships before, as its then more of a convienience than a neccessity. People generally think that its a good idea?

Like fud said: Its a relatively simple change to make anyway if you want it.

arcana75
x3tc

Post by arcana75 » Sat, 30. Dec 06, 04:19

Dunno about good idea, but since those ships can dock, I don't think it's needed.

fud
x3

Post by fud » Sat, 30. Dec 06, 04:21

al_main wrote:TS Ships? (Now THAT is lazy! :P )
that's how I am. :P

Kaze
x3

Post by Kaze » Sat, 30. Dec 06, 22:21

Iirc, it's a quick edit of one line. I did this a few months ago adding TS ships, so they woulnd't have to dock.
Which line xD ? Guide me Yoda! 8)

Mobuj
x3tc

Post by Mobuj » Fri, 26. Jan 07, 00:57

Fab script!

But

I just had a Commercial Agent ship of mine buy a BTU. I cought it as it only had 2 and none in my HQ. Immediatly set the HQ max quantity to 1. I don't think there is a need for loads of BTU's. Could you change it so that a BTU can be sold back to a space dock? :(
---------------------------
I am Popeye of Borg
You will be askimilated!

Mobuj
x3tc

Post by Mobuj » Sat, 27. Jan 07, 02:19

never mind :oops:

The BTU can be sold to Teladi space docks. The Goners dont.
---------------------------
I am Popeye of Borg
You will be askimilated!

al_main
x3

Post by al_main » Sat, 27. Jan 07, 05:08

Yeah, was just about to post that!

Glad you worked it out!

Horenheb
x3

My bulk dont appear

Post by Horenheb » Fri, 23. Feb 07, 15:40

My bulk dont appear! :cry: I install sector takeover,asteroid creator,crystal Spp free script and ashley factory and rogueys 1.4 mods

al_main
x3

Post by al_main » Fri, 23. Feb 07, 16:34

Have you got the extended mod pack installed?

That (or another mod including the extra wares) is required.

Horenheb
x3

Post by Horenheb » Sat, 24. Feb 07, 14:10

Yes i have EMP 2.01

Horenheb
x3

Post by Horenheb » Fri, 9. Mar 07, 02:12

i got it the problem is whit the Roguey Mods (1.4) i remove it and the bulk upgrade is in the list. :P

al_main
x3

Post by al_main » Fri, 9. Mar 07, 02:27

I've not downloaded it myself, but its possible that Roguey could have modified TWareT himself or used conflicting wares without posting what he was using in the emp thread? If so scripts using extended mod pack wares might not have their wares appearing properly.

You should prob let him know, as its something he might want to fix!

Glad you managed to find out why it wasnt working! :)

Roguey
x4

Post by Roguey » Fri, 9. Mar 07, 02:58

I do have a mod twaret file. v2.00 does have EMP support, although im not sure on a release date for v2.00 yet. 1.4 did not have EMP support. Im pretty sure that any v1.4 game should upgrade to v2.00 - specially without any other mods. A list of changes for v2.00 is here:
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=2031589

btw, who do I make contact with the leader of 'X-tension Mod'?

many thanks
- Roguey
Roguey's Site: X3TC, X3AP, X3FL, X4.

al_main
x3

Post by al_main » Fri, 9. Mar 07, 13:30

For Xtended your prob best off sending a PM to Syklon. Either here or at thexuniverse forums.

Alternatively I can pass a message on to him for you if you want.

tatakau
x3tc

Post by tatakau » Thu, 9. Aug 07, 04:04

deleted
Last edited by tatakau on Wed, 12. Jun 19, 12:11, edited 1 time in total.

Mastadan

Post by Mastadan » Tue, 20. Nov 07, 16:14

Hi,

i bought the Bulk transporter, the transporter device, both installed in my Mammoth. Thus we can say i got Emp working fine right? But i can't find a way to buy wares from distance (2-3km) i press ' I ' or 'i' and only the usual menu pops up, no buying from distance, nothin unsual.

Any help please?
Thanks.

pd. just found an option in the ship command console, Custom, 1. Bulk freighter, however it's harsh to use it because everytime you must select the sector and then the station/factory instead of a simple 5k approach, so there is no way to buy close to the station?

al_main
x3

Post by al_main » Thu, 22. Nov 07, 12:40

Recieved your PM Mastadan

Yeah you have to use the command to buy wares. It was the easiest way I could think of to implement it at the time. Using a hotkey so that you could target the station then press a button on the keyboard wont work, as there's no way to get input for the ware to buy or the amount needed when using a hotkey. (except for making a menu system out of incoming messages, which would prob not be as tidy as the current system)

So, erm this is prob the easiest way it can be implemented as far as I can think.

Mastadan

Post by Mastadan » Thu, 22. Nov 07, 15:20

Okay, thank you vm for fast answer and for your nice job :)

summland

Post by summland » Sat, 26. Apr 08, 05:46

I installed this and went and checked out the teladi equip dock but didn't see the transporter. Will it equip a Boron TL? Anything special I have to do besides just dock and buy it?

Brinnie
x3tc

Post by Brinnie » Sat, 26. Apr 08, 11:18

summland wrote:I installed this and went and checked out the teladi equip dock but didn't see the transporter. Will it equip a Boron TL? Anything special I have to do besides just dock and buy it?
I 'm not sure I understand what you mean, so forgive me if I advise you wrongly.

You buy the Bulk Transporter Upgrade for your TL from the teladi dock and the tranporter device from the goner temple ( course the TL can't dock there so you'll need to freight exchange it from another ship) then when they are both equipped you could for ex.:

tell your TL to "move to position" - "solar plant XL" ,it should get within range, I think 5km, next
>go to command console for the TL
> custom command
> first option should bulk transporter
on selecting it you'll be asked if you're buying or selling enter b or s and lastly it'll ask for the amount.

Hope this helps

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”