[Mod] Ashleys Factories L + XL + XXL V2.5 *Updated 09/11/2007*

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Should XL food and XL Mines be inported to X3?

XL Food Yes
5%
XL Mines Yes
9%
XL Food No
0%
XL Mines No
2%
Yes for XL Plants!
80%
No! XL Plants
3%

Total votes: 715

neumanf15
x3

Post by neumanf15 » Sat, 24. Feb 07, 17:26

One of LV's cheats is something like "Place station kit in TL". I think it's the only one that mentions TL. Use that, put an XL SPP in your TL and build it.

Saint-Ashley
x4

Post by Saint-Ashley » Sun, 25. Feb 07, 07:57

Tiedyeguy wrote:I recently purchased a Concussion Impulse Generator Forge XXL from the Teladi in The Vault. I noticed that it produces 120 units per turn which also consumes roughly: ~430,000 E-Cells, ~100,000 Nostrop, and ~80,000 Ore. Next I saw the turn time: Either 20 days or 20 hours.
Those actually are realistic figures... Dont like them? Dont get the XXL... Thats also why I didnt bother with XXL weapons fabs, because the resources are rather crazy ended... Keep in mind the XXL's are 20x the production of normal weapons fabs... (or any fab actually). In other words, it takes 20x the resources... :lol:
Tiedyeguy wrote:If I use the SE to change (snip)
will it A. fix my currently build T SPP XXL and/or B. fix future T SPP XXL's?
No... It will fix future ones however. But to fix your current one, just fix the resources with LV's cheats. (if that doesnt work I can make a 5 or so line script to fix it...)

Tiedyeguy
x4

Post by Tiedyeguy » Sun, 25. Feb 07, 11:40

I just cheated it out and cheated in an Argon one in its place.

I guess I could see the resources being so high as the suggested prices work out right. I guess the part that doesn't quite ring right is the production time. 15 hours and 50 minutes? I thought an XXL just uses 20*resources but produces 20*products in the same amount of time. I haven't checked myself, but does a S CIG Forge produce 6 CIGs every 15:50:00? It sounds like the production time on those got multiplied by 20 as well which shouldn't happen correct? 15 hours is 900 minutes so a total of 950 minutes per XXL cycle. Divide that by 20 and you get 00:47:30 which sounds about right for a S weapons fab of that caliber. Your thoughts? Is my logic even in the right ball park? :p
Brian

tikanderoga
x4

Post by tikanderoga » Sun, 25. Feb 07, 15:22

Is there currently a merged version available with the current DDRS ¿

The Xperiment-Forum seems down atm...
If you got a monopoly on an operating system, and you make tons of money by supporting it, why fix it?

Saint-Ashley
x4

Post by Saint-Ashley » Sun, 25. Feb 07, 17:11

tikanderoga wrote:Is there currently a merged version available with the current DDRS ¿
See : http://www.x3.xperiment.co.uk/Armegeddon/

Kaz Zardoz

Post by Kaz Zardoz » Sun, 25. Feb 07, 21:18

It does not seems to integrate the 2 last versions.

Why do we need a merged version ? Both mods are not compatible ?

I cannot install independently both MODs ?

neumanf15
x3

Post by neumanf15 » Sun, 25. Feb 07, 22:36

Very few mods work together without being combined. In the case of XXL and DDRS, both modify the TFactories file. Whichever you run as a mod (or highest numbered false patch) will trump the other and break it.

I'll recombine them since Armageddon hasn't gotten a chance.

Kaz Zardoz

Post by Kaz Zardoz » Sun, 25. Feb 07, 23:35

That would be great, thanks a lot :)

neumanf15
x3

Post by neumanf15 » Mon, 26. Feb 07, 04:29

I've got the merge done. I'm just waiting for the incredibly slow upload process to finish, then I'll post in the combined mod thread.

ORIOLE
x2

Post by ORIOLE » Mon, 26. Feb 07, 11:06

Thanks for your time and effort. This is a real good mod.

I am using the latest DDRS. Could I then install your merge without any trouble?

Take care,

tikanderoga
x4

Post by tikanderoga » Mon, 26. Feb 07, 13:27

neumanf15 wrote:I've got the merge done. I'm just waiting for the incredibly slow upload process to finish, then I'll post in the combined mod thread.
Don't forget to post a link here too, so we don't miss it.. i sure don't wanna miss it :wink:
If you got a monopoly on an operating system, and you make tons of money by supporting it, why fix it?

neumanf15
x3

Post by neumanf15 » Tue, 27. Feb 07, 03:39

I don't want to trod on Saint Ashley's thread anymore than I already have, so I'll give you guys a link to the thread Armageddon started about the combined mod.

@ORIOLE,
Yes, this makes the two mods compatible. See the thread for further instructions.

zdan30
x4

Advice needed on XXL plant mod

Post by zdan30 » Fri, 2. Mar 07, 19:08

Just started over again and i thought id try some new stuff out so i got ashleys XXL fact mod.

Problem is ive been to most of the secondary shipyards and i cant see any XXL facts infact its just as it was in my last game.

There is however extended complex hub node and something else like bazaar node.

Can someone tell me how to get the XXL facts and if its by using the extras that i did see in the shipyards can they explain how they work (or link me to a page that will)

For those of the " use the search function " crew i did and found 88 matches for extended complex hub and not one i skimmed related in anyway shape or form to what i wanted :D

Thanks for any help im eager to get building :D

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Fri, 2. Mar 07, 19:10

I'd love to help but i've never tried it but I can give one tip. It's much easier to get an answer when you post your question in the thread you got the script from ;)
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

zdan30
x4

Post by zdan30 » Fri, 2. Mar 07, 19:27

Hi can anyone tell me how this works please,ive been to most of the secondary shipyards and i havent seen one fact larger than before i installed the mod.

I get the messege its worked when i start a game but theres just nothing in the shipyards,there is however
Extended complex hub kit
Bazaar node

Alittle help and advice would go a long way here thanks for the help

Edit: also how can i run two mods at once?

I use no civilians mod and i really like it but i dont seem to be able to run both at once,sorry if im being newb and thanks for replys

B-O'F
x3tc

Post by B-O'F » Fri, 2. Mar 07, 21:34

Hi zdan30,

The special factories are available at special shipyards.

Look in the Readme - about 3/4 of the way down, section v1.27 - there is a list of the sectors containing the shipyards....

Boron - Ol Fh'art
Public Service announcement

Growing old is not a disease - it is a delayed symptom of birth trauma.

m+e
x3

Post by m+e » Fri, 2. Mar 07, 21:44

Thanks Ashley,brilliant mod!

zdan30
x4

Post by zdan30 » Fri, 2. Mar 07, 21:59

v1.27
* Added randomized SY placement
Shipyards can be found in the following sectors:
Akeela's Beacon
Mists of Elysium
Unholy Descent
Rhy's Crusade
The Vault

Incase anyone else misses it :D

Thanks for the help B-O'F ,there was alot in the read me so i mustve missed it.....well thats my excuse anyway :oops:

Saint-Ashley
x4

Post by Saint-Ashley » Tue, 13. Mar 07, 01:09

zdan30 wrote:Thanks for the help B-O'F ,there was alot in the read me so i mustve missed it.....well thats my excuse anyway :oops:
It also happens to be everyones excuse. Thats also why the Readme is pratically a copy of the threads OP. Hopeing someone would read it somewhere along the line. :wink:

And about the DDRS mod from : http://www.x3.xperiment.co.uk/Armegeddon/

Its fully compatible with the new version. You just need to copy the scripts over from the latest packages. Its made like that purposely. (Its also stated on that webpage...)

Shuttenbach
x4

Post by Shuttenbach » Mon, 19. Mar 07, 19:38

Are these shipyards well hidden far away from the sectors' centres? I've checked The Vault and Akeela's Beacon and couldn't find it. Is there any chance they were not spawned at all?

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”