X3 Plot Guide

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

giskard
xr

X3 Plot Guide

Post by giskard » Tue, 24. Jan 06, 09:09

Hi all.

Here is a guide to the X3 Plot.

It contains massive spoilers but it is not a walk through. It gives info on how to do missions but not on how to find mission sectors. I will hold your hand in some parts but throw you in to the fire in others.

The missions are listed in bold so you can quickly jump to the mission your stuck on and only read that part if you want too. Just do not count on your mission 8 being my mission 8.

Ive listed 20 missions in this guide and most players usually only name 10. So you need to check the name of mission rather than the mission number.

http://www.respawn.co.uk/content/view/337/70/

Im hoping the guide will reduce the amount of typing I do in tech support. So if your stuck, have a read. :)

Giskard
This signature has been stolen by the well known Teladi Signature Thief X Siggy.

KarlHemmings
x4

Post by KarlHemmings » Tue, 24. Jan 06, 13:10

:thumb_up: Whilst i have not played any of the plot (Humble Merchant) I have to say nice work as ever.

Karl

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Tue, 24. Jan 06, 15:31

Hi giskard,

Thanks very much for plugging you guide...whilst I consider myself adept at X2 gaming, I couldn't get the hang of the turret gunning in the early X3 mission with the Goner.

I found the auto-dieing very frustrating and time consuming to the point where I gave up to explore and make money elsewhere in the universe. I was sure that someone in this excellent community would post about it eventually :-)

Although yours wasn't the first guide I read, I think your point about the accuracy of the auto-aim will help me out. I had auto-aim turned full on assuming that the mass driver was fast enough to keep hitting, so I thought that my problem was that the mass driver was simply too weak for my insufficient level of skill.

Thanks again,
Sparky

giskard
xr

Post by giskard » Tue, 24. Jan 06, 20:28

Thanks guys.

Autoaim:

Well the key point to remember here (so people dont have to read spoilers to get this tip) is any target heading straight for you is better shot at with auto aim turned off. Any target flying across your path or turning towards you is better shot at with auto aim turned on. This is true for all combat and not just turret missions.

Btw the plots changed a lot since 15 nov, so the other guide is slightly out of date now.

If the auther wants to update it he needs to replay any mission involving the khaak, the Ore mine mission, the xenon 101 mission and a couple of others that i cannot remember right now.

Oh the scanner missions too.

Giskard
This signature has been stolen by the well known Teladi Signature Thief X Siggy.

RobyX
x3

Post by RobyX » Thu, 26. Jan 06, 00:38

Another FANTASTIC guide Giskard, congratulations :)

But before i can translate it, i have to finish the plot! This may take a year or 2 :D
Bisogno di una guida? Clicca sull'immagine

giskard
xr

Post by giskard » Thu, 26. Jan 06, 17:18

Hehehe thanks Rob, btw the plots not that hard to finish mate :)

Giskard

Apocholypse
x3

Post by Apocholypse » Thu, 26. Jan 06, 19:06

:lol: Stike two! If you keep writing Ego will run out of server space :D

giskard
xr

Post by giskard » Fri, 27. Jan 06, 04:29

Apocholypse wrote::lol: Stike two! If you keep writing Ego will run out of server space :D
So how do you like my books :)

Yes he told me hehe. :lol:
Btw, i am actually working up to the book, a scifi book :)
No joke, im being serious.

Giskard

ashdrak
x3

Post by ashdrak » Fri, 10. Feb 06, 16:01

Hello Giskard...
I love your guides man but i was wonderin if you could help me out here?
I'm stuck on mission 13 in thuruks pride and it wont even let me dock at the trading port let alone look at the bbs...
Any advice you could give would be greatly appreciated..
Thank you :)

ecniv
x3tc

Post by ecniv » Fri, 10. Feb 06, 16:39

Can't dock?

You need to boost your race relations. Kill some pirates.

Or Xenon or Khaak.
Alienware Area 51/7500, Geforce 8800 gtx, 2gb ram
Alienware laptop m5550, 2gb, 7600go
Commodore Gx9770, 4gb, quad q9300 2.5gHz , gtx 260 (replaced) - Vanilla game (no extra scripts except the upgrades from es)
*¥ Most posts written on an iPhone - please excuse mistypes/replacements ¥*

I'm not locked in her with you. You are locked in here with me. Watchmen-Rawlins

ashdrak
x3

Post by ashdrak » Fri, 10. Feb 06, 17:35

I will try that thanx!
But i think my main problem is i just lack patience...
and this game demands patience...
Oh btw dows it matter if im in a split ship or not?
Acorrding to Giskards walktrouh you should use a free falcon or mamba...
I'm just wonderin is there something I've missed :?

giskard
xr

Post by giskard » Fri, 10. Feb 06, 21:05

ashdrak: No it doesnt matter what ship your in but if you happen to have an m3 such as the mamba or a captured falcon then combat is much easier.

Its more a tip to help than a requirement you see.

Giskard

ashdrak
x3

Post by ashdrak » Sat, 11. Feb 06, 05:33

Thanx!
But i just discovered something You may have left out of your guide intentionally.
I think it might be considered a spoiler so ill see if this works.
Spoiler
Show
In Thuruk's pride you dont have to dock at the trade post and check the bbs. Just fly around by the silicon mine and wait for Saya to start a dialog. then comm the station and speak to the captain then go from there..
Please let me know if im right about this?
It all boiled down to that whole Exploration,Exploration,Exploration idea :wink:

giskard
xr

Post by giskard » Sat, 11. Feb 06, 11:34

Your right but i believe that is in the guide.

Its a grey area that people sometimes miss in the game so if they missed it then they need to know what to do next and so i told them to be safe.

Giskard

godzogord
x2

Post by godzogord » Sat, 11. Feb 06, 16:53

Giskard is great guide :D
And i have to recognise that,thow it doesn't help me very much because i have finished those missions with no problems :lol: :D
as i sead this is an exelent guide for beginner and novice's in the x3 game or x-games

C ya on the other side of the gate and in the chat room in the nuts club
OUR MINDS ARE THE CREATION OF THE UNIVERS
AND THE UNIVERS IS THE CREATION OF OUR MINDS

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”