script for ships to avoid running into astroids

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

macrossranma
x3

script for ships to avoid running into astroids

Post by macrossranma » Wed, 21. Jun 06, 04:56

hi, are there any scripts available to avoid ships in patrol running into asteriods?

thanks! :)

macrossranma
x3

Post by macrossranma » Wed, 21. Jun 06, 10:02

bump, anyone know of scripts for patrol ships to avoid running into asteriods?
thanks

Serial Kicked
x3tc

Post by Serial Kicked » Wed, 21. Jun 06, 10:14

:roll: do not needlessly bump topics.

There's no such a script.
X3:TC/AP Pirate Guild 3 - Yaki Armada 2 - Anarkis Defense System

Anarkis Gaming HQ
Independent Game Development
X3 Scripting and Modding Station

Bunny
x3ap

Post by Bunny » Wed, 21. Jun 06, 12:03

Collisions with map asteroids are down to the Egosoft collision avoidance failing - does not happen very often IMO but there is not much that can be done about that.

However, rocks are a bigger hazard and a ship that dies from a rock collision will be reported in your log as having hit an asteroid.

Rocks have three ways to kill a ship:

1. The game can respawn rocks and sometimes it dumps them on top of a ship trapping it inside. The ship then batters itself to death trying to get out. This problem only seems to effect the smaller class of TS ships.

One test I made involved 35 Caiman miners and 5 Argon mercs mobile mining a system (IS). After 3 hours all the merc were dead. I was able to F3 view 3 of these fatalities and each time it was the ship completely trapped in a rock. I also saw 2 of the larger caimans smash their way out of a rock and survive.

2. With X3 patch 1.403, collisions with small rocks do not automatically kill a well shielded TS. However, ships do still die from hitting several rocks in a row due to not slowing down after hitting one. This problem was pretty much solved in my mobile mining script that forces the ship to stop and recharge its shield before collecting more rocks. I guess a script could be made to get fighter patrols do the same thing in sector - but a better approach would be to set the single sector patrol route away from the rocks in the first place.

3. A rock collecting ship can ram a larger rock while trying to get at a collectable fragment hidden inside it. This does not happen very often as the collsion avoidance is pretty good. However, the ship will keep on trying to get at the fragment which is not really that smart (!move.collectrocks refuses to return until it either gets the target rock or there is no rock to get anymore... or your ship is dead :) ) .

[EDIT] The simple answer to your question:
No scripts so stay out of sector :(

ttl
x3tc

Post by ttl » Wed, 28. Jun 06, 16:09

Haven't tired this, but here's an idea if the rocks totally get you off your marble:

Maybe you could remove their "scene" from the appropriate file (can't remember if Tasteroids or some such exist), removing their collision hull IS? Essentially engineering a "bug" to remove the rocks. If this makes it impossible to place mines, retain the scenes of the largest rocks.

It would make it impossible to mobile mine, most likely, but you would probably get a performance boost, and save ships from the autopillok.

:? :?

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”