System Override Software??

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Muab'ib

System Override Software??

Post by Muab'ib » Wed, 18. Jan 06, 16:57

what does this do and how do i use it? in what situation? (600k, its gotta do something?!)

does anyone use it out there? i dont see it mentioned in any combat guides so assume its poo...

let me know.

Mua' the budding pirate, yahaggrrr

EagleBP
x3

Post by EagleBP » Wed, 18. Jan 06, 17:05

With SOS you can claim caputered ships without exiting your ship. You still need to get very close and it is illigal! I hate it, to much mony for what it is. There is a script with a better version!

Muab'ib

Post by Muab'ib » Wed, 18. Jan 06, 17:06

ok, i understand, I think I'll give the script a go then :)
ta.
Mua'

FileCop

Post by FileCop » Wed, 18. Jan 06, 21:27

Yeah, I used the script for the MK2 version. It has 5k range and is NOT illegal ;)

Apparently you can assign a hotkey for it. Haven't done that yet. But there's a new "piracy" menu in your command console with claim ship. Select a ship and it's claimed (if you're within 5k)

mrbadger
x3tc

Post by mrbadger » Wed, 18. Jan 06, 21:31

you can store the SOS in a wingman, and beam it to your ship when required. Frankly though, I think the illegality of that particuler upgrade was a bad move. I imagine I'm not alone in thinking this.
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. ... Niccolò Machiavelli

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 18. Jan 06, 21:37

mrbadger wrote:you can store the SOS in a wingman, and beam it to your ship when required. Frankly though, I think the illegality of that particuler upgrade was a bad move. I imagine I'm not alone in thinking this.
Nope! :D
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”