X Plugin Manager V2.12 : Updated 23/01/2010 *LINUX VERSION AVAILABLE*

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

Rate this program

5. Excelant
71%
4. Good
16%
3. OK
6%
2. Bad
1%
1. Terrible
3%
- Not really my thing
3%

Total votes: 2795

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

X Plugin Manager V2.12 : Updated 23/01/2010 *LINUX VERSION AVAILABLE*

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 14. Jan 06, 23:08

New Plugin Manager Lite is available
This should work for all games, X2, X3 Reunion and TC and will replace the old plugin manager completly

Thread Here

=======================================
Program: X - Plugin Manager - Scripts/Mods/Wares/Ships
Version: 2.12
Author: Cycrow

:idea: NOTE: This is a community developed program - it is not endorsed by Egosoft. :idea:

:arrow: Download Installer: Download : Mirror Download 1 : Mirror Download 2
:arrow: Main Site: www.xpluginmanager.co.uk : Mirror Site 1 : Mirror Site 2 : Mirror Site 3

:arrow: Linux SPK Utils: Mirror Download 1 (Command line tool for using SPK files)

This program allows users to easily install and uninstall scripts.
The scripts need to be in a script package file which is created using the including script packager.

The install also has the ability to add new wares for scripts to use, as well as installing custom ships into the game

For more information, visit the main website, which also includes help and guides to using the program.

The site also includes scripts and ships that you can download

NOTES:
* This program will only remove scripts files, but some scripts require more to be properly uninstalled, like removing wares
and ships that might be created from the script. You should look in the readme of the script to find any special instructions
for uninstalling.
* Thanks to doubleshadow for his cat and pck unpacking code

Last edited by Cycrow on Sat, 23. Jan 10, 22:22, edited 75 times in total.

nuclear_eclipse
x3tc

Post by nuclear_eclipse » Sat, 14. Jan 06, 23:16

Congrats =] I will definately look forward to this. It could make things SOO much better for those who don't know much about scripts in the first place.

PabloRSA
x4

Post by PabloRSA » Sat, 14. Jan 06, 23:33

Way to go Cycrow that seems cool.

Would make life easyer for all these script noob's

Maybe a feature u could add is a universal readme file for the scripters so basicly they input details like version, description and version history.
And once they compile the script package, it creates a readme file.

Also to the readme file, "if possible" to read the t file and add in details like command slots used, t file numbers etc...

Keep up the work :)

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 15. Jan 06, 01:56

its actaully pretty close to completion, and i might have the first release tommorow ;)

i jsut have a few more things to tidy up and it will be done
Last edited by Cycrow on Sun, 15. Jan 06, 01:59, edited 1 time in total.

AalaarDB
x3tc

Post by AalaarDB » Sun, 15. Jan 06, 01:57

Thank you.

Edit:
I've seen readmes placed in the scripts folder, main X3 folder, wherever. Would it be ok to make a readme folder, put that in the X3 main directory, and have your exe place all the readmes there? I was going to suggest having scripters do this manually, but this would make things easier and sort of force the issue. There is at least 1 scripter who already does this, and I compliment him for it.

Naffarin
x3

Post by Naffarin » Sun, 15. Jan 06, 10:35

Great idea, i am looking forward to using it.

As for the readmes, i think it would be a good idea to propose a standard directory structure which should be used by a community scripts. It is not only readmes, but deinstallation scripts and maybe other uses that need to be placed somewhere.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 15. Jan 06, 12:52

yes i think it will be best to put them in a seperate directory

my scripts actaully already do that, and use a Readme directory to put all the readmes in

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Release

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 15. Jan 06, 13:56

First version has been released

any sugguestions/bugs/improvements are welcome :)

A dJ
x4

Post by A dJ » Sun, 15. Jan 06, 14:07

Suggestion for Packager: ability to set default directories for Add Files

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 15. Jan 06, 14:09

yes, i think ill add that, it uses the directory you set in the install as the default atm

nuclear_eclipse
x3tc

Post by nuclear_eclipse » Sun, 15. Jan 06, 14:10

Cycrow wrote:yes, i think ill add that, it uses the directory you set in the install as the default atm
I think you have something amiss then, because it did not detect my default directory. Perhaps you have it set to use Enlight's registry keys and not DeepSilver's?

Naffarin
x3

Post by Naffarin » Sun, 15. Jan 06, 14:12

Works fine, but i'd like to see two things added. First one as mentioned above the ability to add readme or uninstallation files to a new subdirectory. Since i am using setup type scripts for the uninstallation i cannot pack them with the standard script

Second compression for the package file would be great...my current station trader package uses about 1 M disk space as a package and only 87KB if compressed with zip

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 15. Jan 06, 14:14

nuclear_eclipse wrote:
Cycrow wrote:yes, i think ill add that, it uses the directory you set in the install as the default atm
I think you have something amiss then, because it did not detect my default directory. Perhaps you have it set to use Enlight's registry keys and not DeepSilver's?
it uses the one you set using the XScript installer, when you first load it, it will ask you the directory to use

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 15. Jan 06, 14:16

Naffarin wrote:Works fine, but i'd like to see two things added. First one as mentioned above the ability to add readme or uninstallation files to a new subdirectory. Since i am using setup type scripts for the uninstallation i cannot pack them with the standard script

Second compression for the package file would be great...my current station trader package uses about 1 M disk space as a package and only 87KB if compressed with zip
yep, readme and compression is something i will be adding in the next version, i jsut thought ill get it out first so it can be tested :)

you want to include seperate files when uninstalling scripts, so when you uninstall it put that file in the scripts directory ?

A dJ
x4

Post by A dJ » Sun, 15. Jan 06, 14:20

Uninstall does not work atm ?
My files are still there afterwards.
Last edited by A dJ on Sun, 15. Jan 06, 14:20, edited 1 time in total.

Stevio
x3tc

Post by Stevio » Sun, 15. Jan 06, 14:20

you never cease to amaze me Cycrow.

this will make it alot easier to keep an eye on whats scripts you have got and which ones you are using

cheers

stevio

Naffarin
x3

Post by Naffarin » Sun, 15. Jan 06, 14:22

Small bug found: If the package file is in a different directory than the x3 main directory it doesn't seem to install.

As for the uninstall...hmm, i don't think it is a good idea to copy it from within the installer, because you have to start X3, load and save the game to complete uninstallation in the game. It would need a two step uninstallation then. I can't think of a good solution for that right now.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 15. Jan 06, 14:23

A dJ wrote:Uninstall does not work atm ?
My files are still there afterwards.
hmm, it worked when i tested it ?
did u set them as shared files, ticking the checkbox in the packager, any files that are checked wont be deleted

A dJ
x4

Post by A dJ » Sun, 15. Jan 06, 14:24

Ah silly me :oops:

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 15. Jan 06, 14:27

hehe, its so u can have librarys in the script that dont get removed as they might be used with other scripts as well

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”