Apricot Mapping Service Guide to starting off in X3.

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Tue, 10. Oct 06, 13:42

For Maelstrom gate to unknown
Spoiler
Show
X=175km
Y=0
Z=0
That'll get you close enough to see it.
Perfection is in the hands of God, we bags of dirt can only do the best we can©
[ external image ]
Modders are a source of ideas to help the Game Makers improve what they have made. Cherrish them, for they are the fruit of thy labors.©

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Wed, 20. Dec 06, 10:27

Can someone please post the sectors and co-ordinates of the new hidden things added in v2 ?

These need to be added, before the powers that be will relist this guide in the sticky, and I simply do not ahve the time to find them. Or go find an existing list.

So if someone can post a list here, I would appreciate it. :)

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Wed, 20. Dec 06, 14:36

[ external image ]
Modders are a source of ideas to help the Game Makers improve what they have made. Cherrish them, for they are the fruit of thy labors.©

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Thu, 21. Dec 06, 01:07

Thankyou. :)

feddyhampster
x3

Post by feddyhampster » Tue, 20. Feb 07, 18:14

hey can ne1 tell me the co-ords for the east gate in the wastelands. i cant find it. its gettin annoying now. HELP! PLEASE!

pccenter
xr

Post by pccenter » Tue, 20. Feb 07, 18:49

Welcome to the forum.

feddyhampster
x3

Post by feddyhampster » Tue, 20. Feb 07, 23:45

Thank you. i did notice sum ships flyin in thet direction but i always gave up following after they dissapered off the map. i've learnt my lesson.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sun, 21. Oct 07, 09:19

Finally updated for Version 2. :oops:

I'd updated it in the X3 Handbook, in another section and never done it here.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Capt_Newbie
x3tc

Post by Capt_Newbie » Sun, 2. Dec 07, 04:55

Jakesnake5 wrote:I use the JD transfer routine to safely get the Mamba Raider out of it's little hole too.
Whoops, I clicked on the wrong post, but while i'm here, when I got the hang of sneaking up to 1.5m of the Mamba, then spacewalking the rest of the way and claming it, I just pointed it East and hightailed it out of there. I may have got lucky with the location of the mines, though. The tricky part was getting to the gate without attracting pirates.

Capt_Newbie
x3tc

Post by Capt_Newbie » Sun, 2. Dec 07, 05:13

pjknibbs wrote:You won't get that Falcon out of there without a jumpdrive. As I recall the ship has no shielding at all when you find it, even though it's capable of mounting 2x125MJ shields, and at 73 m/s you will just get seven bells shot out of you before you clear the gate in the Xenon sector.
But I really intended to reply to this post. I haven't reached the Falcon yet, but it sounds like a neat prize. When I got the Scorpion out of a Xenon system, though, I did it by claiming the ship, scooting back to my Starburst - 1120mps (are those the right units?), how nippy is that? - and leading the Xenon ships away from the wrong side of the gate, then instructing the Scorpion to leave the system while I kept the gearheads busy. Don't know if this would work with the Falcon, but all that transferring of goods sounds like a stressful task if distracting the enemy works just as well.

Just one grumble, though, especially with regard to these cannisters, if they exist in my version. I can't seem to input coordinates to 'Move to position'. Should there be a place on the screen where the numbers appear when you type them into the Numpad, or am I typing blind? And while punching in the first two numbers elicits a couple of beeps, the last one doesn't. What, specifically, should I be doing with 'Ins'? Holding it down, tapping it first, what? Any suggestions gratefully received, thanks.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sun, 2. Dec 07, 08:44

WHen you use Move To Position you use the 2,4,6,8 keys on the numeric keypad to move a cursor around the map. The coordinates the cursor is placed at appear at the bottom right of the map (in kilometres, not metres--that occasionally makes a difference). Use INSERT to flip the map vertically so you can modify the third coordinate.

Capt_Newbie
x3tc

Post by Capt_Newbie » Sun, 2. Dec 07, 13:59

Ta, I'll give that a go tonight :)

Capt_Newbie
x3tc

Post by Capt_Newbie » Sun, 2. Dec 07, 20:46

Ah, it worked just fine, but I can't see any comtainers. I read somewhere that these 'Easter Eggs' don't appear in the 'vanilla' version of the game, which is a shame. It certainly would save time building up enough cash for a decent ship like, a Titan, say. 'Course, it also means a lot of flying about...

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sun, 2. Dec 07, 22:18

The freebie ships are available in vanilla games--they were introduced in X3 1.0 and have remained in every subsequent version. If you can't find it, then there are three possibilities:

a) You have a script or mod installed that's removed the freebie.
b) You're looking in the wrong sector.
c) You're looking in the wrong location in the sector.

Whereabouts exactly are you looking, and which ship are you expecting to find when you get there?

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Sun, 2. Dec 07, 23:59

In order for you to 'see' those secret containers, you have to be within 100m of it. That means, being VERY precise in setting your 'Move to Position' coords. It takes practice, but it can be done.
[ external image ]

Skyblade
x3tc

Post by Skyblade » Mon, 3. Dec 07, 03:42

first off the falcon sentinel i got out by flying it through the xenon sector
and in my game it came with 1 125mj shield.
and to find hidden jumpgate i got to the sector then use jump and move to position with jump drive and move the cursor to the side of the map where i think the gate will be

like maelstrom i move the cursor to the far west edge when i jump i come out the west gate (it saves flying all over the place looking for it)

Damec

Post by Damec » Sat, 22. Mar 08, 18:24

Is in sector 10,18 more ships-item or just Nova??

Plz help

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sun, 23. Mar 08, 02:08

The Nova is in the second unknown sector below Maelstrom.
Spoiler
Show
This is the same sector as the BalaGi missions puts the group of ships salvaged by the Yaki. So if your doing the BalaGi missions, you will find the Nova there as well. If you havent started the missions yet, then only the Nova will be there.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Tue, 9. Dec 08, 02:16

Updated with the Derelict ships for Terran Conflict.

If someone has a list of the containers, let me know so I can add them too.

Baldy Pevsner
x3tc

Post by Baldy Pevsner » Sat, 3. Jan 09, 20:45

I saw the edit in the first post but I'm still lost. Where is the 'Quickstart'? I've just installed the game and none of the starting options give me a Buster.

Thanks.

/EDIT/ Right, sorry, I just noticed this is for X3, it's listed in green as X3T so I thought it referred to Terran conflict.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”