Apricot Mapping Service Guide to starting off in X3.

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Skyblade
x3tc

Post by Skyblade » Mon, 3. Dec 07, 03:42

first off the falcon sentinel i got out by flying it through the xenon sector
and in my game it came with 1 125mj shield.
and to find hidden jumpgate i got to the sector then use jump and move to position with jump drive and move the cursor to the side of the map where i think the gate will be

like maelstrom i move the cursor to the far west edge when i jump i come out the west gate (it saves flying all over the place looking for it)

Damec

Post by Damec » Sat, 22. Mar 08, 18:24

Is in sector 10,18 more ships-item or just Nova??

Plz help

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sun, 23. Mar 08, 02:08

The Nova is in the second unknown sector below Maelstrom.
Spoiler
Show
This is the same sector as the BalaGi missions puts the group of ships salvaged by the Yaki. So if your doing the BalaGi missions, you will find the Nova there as well. If you havent started the missions yet, then only the Nova will be there.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Tue, 9. Dec 08, 02:16

Updated with the Derelict ships for Terran Conflict.

If someone has a list of the containers, let me know so I can add them too.

Baldy Pevsner
x3tc

Post by Baldy Pevsner » Sat, 3. Jan 09, 20:45

I saw the edit in the first post but I'm still lost. Where is the 'Quickstart'? I've just installed the game and none of the starting options give me a Buster.

Thanks.

/EDIT/ Right, sorry, I just noticed this is for X3, it's listed in green as X3T so I thought it referred to Terran conflict.

maphys
x3tc

Post by maphys » Sat, 3. Jan 09, 22:02

apricotslice wrote:Updated with the Derelict ships for Terran Conflict.

If someone has a list of the containers, let me know so I can add them too.
I got given:

Menelaus' Oasis (South)-> Unknown Sector [18-16]
75000 Credits -=- 21.1,5,-12.3
Unholy Descent (West)-> Unknown Sector (South)-> Unknown Sector [7-16]
60000 Credits -=- 70,84.7,-25
10 Windstalker Missiles -=- 55,71.2,-40
Spaceweed Grove [11-10]
25 Space Weed -=- -42.1,-1,56
Heretic's End [13-4]
5 Keris -=- -18.7,1.77,76
Maelstrom (West)-> Unknown Sector (South)-> Unknown Sector [18-10]
10 Wildfire Missiles -=- -14.9,0.46,3.52
Saturn 3 [16-1]
15 Poltergeist Missiles -=- 26.5,-9.04,19.7
Oort Cloud (South)-> Unknown Sector (East)-> Unknown Sector (South)-> Unknown Sector (West)-> Unknown Sector [7-5]
10 Shadow Missiles -=- -50,4.31,27.8
Patriarch's Retreat [9-2]
10 Microchips -=- -14.6,-12.3,52.8
Atreus' Clouds [3-2]
10 Rapier Missiles -=- 40.6,0,16.2
Empire's Edge [1-7]
10 Banshee Missiles -=- -51,-15,-14.5
Aldrin [13-10]
20000 Credits -=- -65,38.1,-58.6

But it needs confirming. And I haven't yet as the rewards seem a bit feeble - nothing unique or fun!

M

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sun, 4. Jan 09, 00:10

I got a list not long ago but havent yet had a chance to check them. On my list of things to do.

Baldy Pevsner, noted, I'll make a note of that sometime.

To get the same thing now, you would use the trader start. Cant remember the name offhand.

Baldy Pevsner
x3tc

Post by Baldy Pevsner » Sun, 4. Jan 09, 15:35

apricotslice wrote:To get the same thing now, you would use the trader start. Cant remember the name offhand.
Thanks, although I'm still struggling. I tried the trader start (it's called Humble Merchant) and I'm instructed to get the flight training, started that, everything going okay till he asks me to fire at some crates. Problem is, no lasers. I tried ejecting and getting into my other ship but that hasn't got any either. So I have to tell him I'm bailing out of the training and now I'm just drifting about, is this the right time to start following your guide, even though I'm weapon less?

Cheers.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sun, 4. Jan 09, 15:57

Well, Humble Merchant is all about trading (as the name implies), so it's not surprising you don't start with any weapons. (The game probably shouldn't encourage you to do the flight training when you can't possibly complete it, but that's another matter).

AjRyder
x3ap

Post by AjRyder » Sun, 4. Jan 09, 17:09

The Starburst ship is it also in X3 TC?
Star Trek Phase II watch new episodes now at

http://www.startreknewvoyages.com

My computer is fast very very fast ;)

Follow me on Twitter @Formula1Dragon

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sun, 4. Jan 09, 22:51

Don't think it is, or the Arrow either. Fastest ships you can get in X3TC are things like the Teladi Kestrel at just over 600 m/s.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Thu, 29. Jan 09, 14:02

Updated with the TC Container List.

Ezethiel
x4

Post by Ezethiel » Tue, 8. Sep 09, 09:00

Hi here. First of all, I wanna say thanks for a great guide, I know is a little late but I hope you still read this.
I have some little questions also if somebody can answer:

1. I got in the sector with the nova ship, but i don't think is there. At -12, 1, -19 i don't see anything exept asteroids (is a big asteroid near me). It could be inside of that big asteroid at those coords? The bad thing is, i can't see the asteroid too good if is not iluminated by the sun, if not, is pure black...(the falcon was pretty easy, I got it out how it was, without JD)

2. I started with the terran campaing, after I finish can I continue with the rest of the campaings? I didn't made so many missions tho, I started searching for ships...

Thx in advance

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Tue, 8. Sep 09, 09:06

Nova ? If you play TC, your looking at the wrong list of ships. TC didnt have a Nova. (Unfortunately). The Nova mentioned in the guide was in X3R only, which shows the age of the guide now.

You can be doing Terran, Final Fury, Hub and Gonor Plots all at the same time if you want, or 1 after the other.

Hub plot takes the longest - I did Terran, Final Fury, Goner and then Aldrin Plots before I was anywhere near completing the Hub plot that I started first.

Ezethiel
x4

Post by Ezethiel » Tue, 8. Sep 09, 09:24

Waw thank you verry much for the fast answer. Yes I am playing TC and damn, so I lost 2 days searching for that ship :lol: :lol: :lol: see what happens if ppl don't read carefully :). Anyway, from all the ships wich one is the best? Or from the ships that are for free wich one is best to keep? from what i seen falcon is the best, and I will sell lots of them (i still have to get more of them tho)
Is nice if I can start different plots, i am thinking to start the assassin one...

Thx

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Tue, 8. Sep 09, 09:29

The Falcon is probably best of the Abanndonned ships, at least until you can afford something better.

Dont mix up the plots with the game starts. They are not the same thing.

The gamestarts give you different ships and starting situations.

The plots are missions to run and any gamestart can do them if they can make the requirements for each one.

Ezethiel
x4

Post by Ezethiel » Tue, 8. Sep 09, 17:31

Ohh so you say that is better to finish this one, and after it the others? Or to start from the beginning after finish this one..? sorry I didn't understanded.
1. Also, can you tell me the coords for Gaian Star in Unknown Sector that is next to maelstorm? (nvm about this coords, I found it )
2. The coords for the xenon sector that is below Gaian Star and near that second unknown sector
3. Where can I store ships without them dissapear, I read someplace that some station dissapear so the ships within. Or maybe i should set them a home base?
4. Can I set for a ship to do trading? I mean setting waypoints from where to buy and from where to sell and she will do that automaticaly every time? I need to have on the ship I am flying the best buy/sell locators or on the ship I wanna make the trades?
5. What is with those inactive gates? can I make something with them?
6. And, how exactly I can take over a pirate sistem?

thx a lot for your time and your patience with me, and sorry for this noobish questions

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Wed, 9. Sep 09, 02:33

Ezethiel wrote:Ohh so you say that is better to finish this one, and after it the others? Or to start from the beginning after finish this one..? sorry I didn't understanded.
It doesnt matter. You can do the plots in any order or all at the same time.
1. Also, can you tell me the coords for Gaian Star in Unknown Sector that is next to maelstorm? (nvm about this coords, I found it )
2. The coords for the xenon sector that is below Gaian Star and near that second unknown sector
You really are going to need to do a lot of exploring, or get yourself one of the maps. See the guides sticky thread for maps.
3. Where can I store ships without them dissapear, I read someplace that some station dissapear so the ships within. Or maybe i should set them a home base?
Initially, nowhere. Shipyards and EQ docks will only disapear through enemy action, but they have limited docking space, and will kick your ships off. Thats not safe either if your in sector with them.

Find a nice quiet place and send them to to a y value of 100km. That should keep them well out of the way.
4. Can I set for a ship to do trading? I mean setting waypoints from where to buy and from where to sell and she will do that automaticaly every time? I need to have on the ship I am flying the best buy/sell locators or on the ship I wanna make the trades?
Not without a script, and I think theres only 1 that does that, but its very complicated to use. (I dont recall the name).

Trade Mk 3 gives the ship independence to go where it wants.
5. What is with those inactive gates? can I make something with them?
No. Some of them are plot related in past games.
6. And, how exactly I can take over a pirate sistem?
Depends what you mean about "take over". Pirare sectors will always respawn pirate ships the same way Xenon sectors always respawn Xenon ships. You can occupy their sector, but its still theirs and you will be fighting them fairly constantly.

Actually owning a sector requires sector takeover script, and I'm unsure if that was ported to TC or not.

Ezethiel
x4

Post by Ezethiel » Wed, 9. Sep 09, 03:07

Hello,
Hmm I have to find a nice place to keep my ships, np with that but it looks pretty stupid from what this game have to offer. I searched for this so I founded out that stations with internal docks keeps ships there, but I can't remember with just light ships or all ships....
About system takeover I founded this http://www.thexuniverse.com/forum/showt ... hp?t=16355 and it's answering my question and maybe your curiosity.
The plots are the same as if I started it from beginning? Ofcourse, without the first ship that it gives, but everything else should be the same right?
Well, I am doing a lot of exploring and I love it :) but there are some gates that really get's me :evil: so I stoped searching for them.
I asked about system takeover because I am thinking to start builing a station someplace so I was thinking that building in an unknown sistem. Can you give me some hints about this?

Thanks

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Wed, 9. Sep 09, 04:11

You can build a station anywhere they dont shoot at you. Well, you can build one anywhere, but if they dont like you, they will just keep trying to destroy it.

You really need to download the X3 Handbook. Everything you need is in there (somewhere).

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”