Apricot Mapping Service Guide to starting off in X3.

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

claygalvin
x4

Post by claygalvin » Fri, 5. May 06, 10:45

Thanks guys. The one in Maelstrom wasn't a problem for me, found it fairly easy. (running from two novas and a falcon, while only in a buster)

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Fri, 5. May 06, 11:00

Actually, the first time I went and found the Maelstrom gate, I followed a pirate patrol. So nice of them to lead the way, then die when they went to the next unknown gate and blew up on the mines around it. :D (who the hell laid mines there?)
Perfection is in the hands of God, we bags of dirt can only do the best we can©
[ external image ]
Modders are a source of ideas to help the Game Makers improve what they have made. Cherrish them, for they are the fruit of thy labors.©

SlainteMaith
x3

Post by SlainteMaith » Sat, 6. May 06, 14:44

So I start the game with the "Merchant" option...
Trek ALL the way to Xenon Sector 534...
FIND the unknown sector to the "West"...
Dash in, and locate my prize: The Falcon...
Eject from my ship using <Shift + E>...
Navigate to 5m of the Falcon....

....and can't get in. What the hell? It's the same command for getting out, isn't it?

...and since I can't get in, I'm eaten alive by Xenon ships.

*Splat!*

Any ideas?

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Sat, 6. May 06, 16:42

Oh, don't know, maybe CLAIM the ship first?

Hit I select claim while your within 25m in your suit, THEN get in and run like hell, cause you'll be dead before getting to the gate.

If your ship can pack it, bring a jumpdrive, energy cells and a teleporter deivce. Transport Nav software, JD and cells to the ship, then tell it to jump the hell out of there while your run and distract the xenon (doesn't take much) then leave at high speed once the falcon jumps.
[ external image ]
Modders are a source of ideas to help the Game Makers improve what they have made. Cherrish them, for they are the fruit of thy labors.©

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sat, 6. May 06, 18:34

You won't get that Falcon out of there without a jumpdrive. As I recall the ship has no shielding at all when you find it, even though it's capable of mounting 2x125MJ shields, and at 73 m/s you will just get seven bells shot out of you before you clear the gate in the Xenon sector.

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Sun, 7. May 06, 00:08

I use the JD transfer routine to safely get the Mamba Raider out of it's little hole too.
[ external image ]

mrbadger
x3tc

Post by mrbadger » Sun, 7. May 06, 00:17

pjknibbs wrote:You won't get that Falcon out of there without a jumpdrive. As I recall the ship has no shielding at all when you find it, even though it's capable of mounting 2x125MJ shields, and at 73 m/s you will just get seven bells shot out of you before you clear the gate in the Xenon sector.

It does have one sheild. It's so slow that the Xenon will destroy it unless you can jump it out though.
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. ... Niccolò Machiavelli

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Sun, 7. May 06, 01:21

Whether or not it has shields is random. And when it has one, just a single 25mj, and the speed sucks bad till you upgrade it, and it STILL sucks. But properly shielded its good.
[ external image ]

SlainteMaith
x3

Post by SlainteMaith » Sun, 7. May 06, 05:44

....figured out this game -isn't- others in the Xverse--that claiming is a seperate thing.
Right.
So someone mentioned "Jump Drive" which touches on a topic I've been wondering about--is it possible to move cargo from one ship to another and then, if the cargo is installable on the new ship--to install it? If so: how?

If there's anything I'm learning to curse in this game--its the interface--or at least my lack of familiarity with it. =)

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Sun, 7. May 06, 07:44

Unlike X2, when a pilot bails, the ships that are abandoned in X3 have to be claimed. Either with a spacewalk, or with the pirate software (which is illegal).

The Goners sell a Transporter Device. This can allow you to beam yourself or cargo to, or cargo from any ship you own, so long as your within 5km of it. This allows things like beaming a jumpdrive and energy to a ship you just claimed and getting it somewhere else in a hurry.

Only other thing that ship would need is the Navigation Software to allow it to do the jump. You wouldn't need that software for the ship YOUR flying so its not much of an issue since the default nav commands work fine.
[ external image ]

IrishStar
x3

Post by IrishStar » Tue, 12. Sep 06, 20:31

Can you give me the co ordinates of the second jump gate in Maelstrom to get to the Nova

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Tue, 12. Sep 06, 22:26

Watch some of the pirates. Sometimes they head that way on patrol. :D
[ external image ]

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 13. Sep 06, 00:42

apricotslice wrote:....

Thats : Throw a Prawn on the Barbie.

Shrimp is American and we made that concession for their tv ads, since none of them would have known what a Prawn was.....
You Ozzie's are full of yerselves, ain't ya. :P I live in a big seafood-producing state and have been eating PRAWNS for nigh on half a century. Shrimps're them curly little things. Prawns are big and breaded. :D

Oh yeah, what's this topic about again? Are we talking about the Falcon Sentinel or the Nova? Since the Nova is near Maelstrom, that must be it. The easiest way to find the second unknown sector is go SW until you blow up. You should be able to see the gate through the bloody mist as you disintegrate, if you're quick. So you'll know where it is and how to avoid the big boom in your next reincarnation. :lol:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

bob hope
x3

Post by bob hope » Tue, 10. Oct 06, 08:35

the hidden container int
Spoiler
Show
midnight star
seems to now be inside an asteroid, not sure if the asteroid was there earlier or iff its been added by a mod i am using

mrbadger
x3tc

Post by mrbadger » Tue, 10. Oct 06, 08:45

IrishStar wrote:Can you give me the co ordinates of the second jump gate in Maelstrom to get to the Nova
go through the gate and turn SW. You're now heading in roughly the right direction. It's not on the ecliptic iirc.

I've found it several times, never with co-ordinates. You just have to be patient and search. After all, the ships worth a lot, why should it be easy to find?
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. ... Niccolò Machiavelli

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Tue, 10. Oct 06, 13:42

For Maelstrom gate to unknown
Spoiler
Show
X=175km
Y=0
Z=0
That'll get you close enough to see it.
[ external image ]

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Wed, 20. Dec 06, 10:27

Can someone please post the sectors and co-ordinates of the new hidden things added in v2 ?

These need to be added, before the powers that be will relist this guide in the sticky, and I simply do not ahve the time to find them. Or go find an existing list.

So if someone can post a list here, I would appreciate it. :)

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Wed, 20. Dec 06, 14:36

[ external image ]

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Thu, 21. Dec 06, 01:07

Thankyou. :)

feddyhampster
x3

Post by feddyhampster » Tue, 20. Feb 07, 18:14

hey can ne1 tell me the co-ords for the east gate in the wastelands. i cant find it. its gettin annoying now. HELP! PLEASE!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”