Apricot Mapping Service Guide to starting off in X3.

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Blackknight8x
xr

Post by Blackknight8x » Tue, 21. Feb 06, 03:13

apricotslice wrote:
Blackknight8x wrote:
apricotslice wrote:Not quite sure what you mean by Xbtf sectors, as X2 was the earliest game to appear here.

The ship in boron space is off the beaten track, hiding behind an asteroid, so if your not looking for it, you probably wont see it.
the XBTF sectors... did you never play that one ? ..... god i feel old!!!

and the beaten track.... ? ? ? ? ? - what sector ? and where/what is the beaten track ?
Xbtf never appeared in stores near me. The first I knew of the X universe was when I stumbled on a copy of X2 long after if first came out.

Sorry, but .... :lol: :lol: :lol:

"off the beaten track" is Australian slang meaning to get off the main road, get away from the normal traffic areas, in fact get away period. In this context, it means look away from the gated area, and where ships normally go.

Some other Australian slang ....

"Going Bush" is getting off the beaten track and staying there.
"Going Walkabout" is getting off the beaten track and keeping on moving.

In the olden days, off the beaten tracking was done on foot. Later on motorbikes, but these days its all 4X4 or what Americans call a SUV (stupid ugly vehicle). :)

Normal is having a 4X4 or SUV and never getting off the beaten track, but fully intending too one day.
XBTF - defo worth a look! a bit dated now you may think, but still a top game!

"THE SHIP" any idea what area it's in at all... i.e. north east corner ?

Australian slang - ah, goodday mate :roll:
i guess you wouldn't or heard the radio edit of the Australian slang ? goes a little something like this

"goodday mate" - good morning my good man

"get another srimp on the babbie" - would you be a dear and cook some sea food on the roticairey

there was a lot more but my mind has turned to clay !!! :P
that's life, you live and you learn. you make a choice, sometimes it's right and sometimes it's wrong, but were always learning and it's the learning that shapes the next choice we make in life.
X-3
think, trade, fight, build, explore,
but most of all learn

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Tue, 21. Feb 06, 04:03

Blackknight8x wrote:Australian slang - ah, goodday mate
Thats : G'Day Mate
"get another srimp on the babbie" - would you be a dear and cook some sea food on the roticairey"
Thats : Throw a Prawn on the Barbie.

Shrimp is American and we made that concession for their tv ads, since none of them would have known what a Prawn was.

Barbie being BBQ.

"Coming the Raw Prawn" is something different again :)

Edit : Oh yeah, sorry, keeping on topic, look to the NE. Big roid on its own.

Damn, I seem to have successfuly hijacted my own thread.

Blackknight8x
xr

Post by Blackknight8x » Tue, 21. Feb 06, 04:19

apricotslice wrote:
Blackknight8x wrote:Australian slang - ah, goodday mate

"Coming the Raw Prawn" is something different again :)

Edit : Oh yeah, sorry, keeping on topic, look to the NE. Big roid on its own.

Damn, I seem to have successfuly hijacted my own thread.
"coming the raw Prawn" - lol, i bet it is matey!

i'll see if i can find that old ship, i'll let you know tomoro! thanks for all the info btw!

blackknight8x
that's life, you live and you learn. you make a choice, sometimes it's right and sometimes it's wrong, but were always learning and it's the learning that shapes the next choice we make in life.
X-3
think, trade, fight, build, explore,
but most of all learn

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Tue, 21. Feb 06, 17:32

If your looking for some better weapons than you start with (you'll need a M4 or above I think), make sure you check the cargo of any of the 'abandoned' ships you find.

One had enough BPAC's to start a small war and win it.

I did while playing the Broke Assasin, and wasn't quite so broke anymore. :D

Wurtzel
x4

Post by Wurtzel » Wed, 8. Mar 06, 13:39

G'day Apdicotslice, one Aussie to another (Perth) , I heard somewhere that after getting all the secret missile containers, one would then be able to identify unknown objects such as the hammerhead.. Is this the case??? The reason I ask is because I have found all, bar one, (microchips which I didn't think was worthwhile when I've got some 300 million credits) and have not yet found a way to indentfy them.. Will I need to get ALL conatainers?? Any help or advice will be greatly wppeciated, thanks

Cheers :wink:
I THINK, SO THEREFORE I AM

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Wed, 8. Mar 06, 15:24

Wurtzel wrote:I heard somewhere that after getting all the secret missile containers, one would then be able to identify unknown objects such as the hammerhead.. Is this the case???
Not that I'm aware of. If this is so, I didnt actually notice it myself. Nor do I have an appropriate save game to just go look.

Galaxy613
x4

Post by Galaxy613 » Mon, 20. Mar 06, 01:30

Nice guide, it starts off well but soon just breaks down into a set of commands. It'll be great if you could keep the whole bar-talking thing going for longer. :D
10,000 Lightyears of awesomeness

Alche
x3

Post by Alche » Mon, 20. Mar 06, 17:53

Probably a dumb question, the unknown sectors near Mists of Elysium and Patriarchs Retreat, seems odd they’re so difficult to find, way out on the edge, is there nothing hidden in these sectors for sure or is it simply that no-one has reported finding anything yet?

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Mon, 27. Mar 06, 04:14

Minor Update made for the 1.4 patch.

Wolfehunter
x3tc

Post by Wolfehunter » Wed, 29. Mar 06, 02:25

Dude Resurection is for AD&D. :)

Cloning is For X3. :wink:

Salvage Insurance is your clone "DNA" and Memory Mapping. You invest into there package and bam your clone dude pops up into your place.

Did I mention that you can buy them in pills. Its too cool you can microwave them for 1min and poof! Your back. :P

One more thing Kool post dude. New recruits need wisdom.

backachers farm
x3

Post by backachers farm » Tue, 11. Apr 06, 00:59

:o tried to activate spoiler and will not work...any ideas?

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Tue, 11. Apr 06, 01:11

Click and pull mouse to highlight the spoiler area.....

claygalvin
x4

Post by claygalvin » Thu, 4. May 06, 14:43

I can't find the gate to the unknown sector south of Mists of Elysium. A hint please?

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Thu, 4. May 06, 23:52

Get a triplex scanner, upon entering Mists, head STRAIGHT south. Keep going. I know still nothing, just keep going.

Eventually the gate will highlight. Best to seta unless your afraid to hit something.

OR, you could use the AP by giving your ship a 'move to position' command and useing the marker to pinpoint the south edge of the map in Mists, dead center (left>|<right).

Its the one in Maelstrom that'll give you fits.
Perfection is in the hands of God, we bags of dirt can only do the best we can©
[ external image ]
Modders are a source of ideas to help the Game Makers improve what they have made. Cherrish them, for they are the fruit of thy labors.©

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Fri, 5. May 06, 03:50

Be aware of your y co=ordinate all the time. Get too high or too low and you may miss the gate completely. The scanner only has finite range.

Edit : Also, in some sectors, the old mark 1 eyeball is better for seeing gates than the scanner is !

claygalvin
x4

Post by claygalvin » Fri, 5. May 06, 10:45

Thanks guys. The one in Maelstrom wasn't a problem for me, found it fairly easy. (running from two novas and a falcon, while only in a buster)

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Fri, 5. May 06, 11:00

Actually, the first time I went and found the Maelstrom gate, I followed a pirate patrol. So nice of them to lead the way, then die when they went to the next unknown gate and blew up on the mines around it. :D (who the hell laid mines there?)
[ external image ]
Modders are a source of ideas to help the Game Makers improve what they have made. Cherrish them, for they are the fruit of thy labors.©

SlainteMaith
x3

Post by SlainteMaith » Sat, 6. May 06, 14:44

So I start the game with the "Merchant" option...
Trek ALL the way to Xenon Sector 534...
FIND the unknown sector to the "West"...
Dash in, and locate my prize: The Falcon...
Eject from my ship using <Shift + E>...
Navigate to 5m of the Falcon....

....and can't get in. What the hell? It's the same command for getting out, isn't it?

...and since I can't get in, I'm eaten alive by Xenon ships.

*Splat!*

Any ideas?

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Sat, 6. May 06, 16:42

Oh, don't know, maybe CLAIM the ship first?

Hit I select claim while your within 25m in your suit, THEN get in and run like hell, cause you'll be dead before getting to the gate.

If your ship can pack it, bring a jumpdrive, energy cells and a teleporter deivce. Transport Nav software, JD and cells to the ship, then tell it to jump the hell out of there while your run and distract the xenon (doesn't take much) then leave at high speed once the falcon jumps.
[ external image ]

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sat, 6. May 06, 18:34

You won't get that Falcon out of there without a jumpdrive. As I recall the ship has no shielding at all when you find it, even though it's capable of mounting 2x125MJ shields, and at 73 m/s you will just get seven bells shot out of you before you clear the gate in the Xenon sector.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”