[SCRIPT] BBS Extras V1.61 : Updated 04/12/2006

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Dgn Master
x3tc

Post by Dgn Master » Tue, 27. Dec 05, 12:27

Sandalpocalypse wrote:Pirate capital ships available for the same price for no rep requirement? That doesn't seem right. :/

I guess I say that because I use the Hull-Repair-Tech script...

Still, maybe something that made getting a pirate capital ship more involved?
I concur, even a damaged cap ship is still a cap ship, and the pirates would want something in return for the honor of selling one to you. Although i don't use the hull repair script, i can still see a need for adding something more.

Hmm, maybe destroying an enemy pirate base (could be spawned for the occassion) would be an incentive to sell you a damaged one. Or being at war with the race that you wish to buy the cap ship (just some suggestions ignore them if you think it's to much). :)
Could the parents of the little Argon girl, Suzie, please claim her sealed jar of remains?
She didn't mind the gap and ended up vapourized!

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 27. Dec 05, 12:42

well, my thinking was that a damage cap ship would cost quite abit of money to fully repair, so you have to have alot of money to buy one

althou, i could make it so you have to do a mission first in order for them to give it you

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Tue, 27. Dec 05, 12:45

I think you should be required to do something which is seriously damaging to your reputation with one of the governments.

Maybe even a capital ship heist. ;)

(A damaged and beat up capital ship is traversing a border or pirate sector. You need to cover a pirate TP or TS while it gets in range, then it beams over a boarding crew. Cover the pirate ship and the stolen capital ship from vengeful government ships.)

Dgn Master
x3tc

Post by Dgn Master » Tue, 27. Dec 05, 13:02

Sandalpocalypse wrote:I think you should be required to do something which is seriously damaging to your reputation with one of the governments.

Maybe even a capital ship heist. ;)

(A damaged and beat up capital ship is traversing a border or pirate sector. You need to cover a pirate TP or TS while it gets in range, then it beams over a boarding crew. Cover the pirate ship and the stolen capital ship from vengeful government ships.)
Wouldn't have to be with a government IMHO, even a rival pirate faction complete with 20 or so wingmen should suffice.

If you wanted a simple assassination, you could always say that although the ship was destroyed the pirates were able to piece together some of the hull that you may buy for X credits after you return to the base you got the mission from.

P.S. I know that i personally would prefer to not have it ruin my rep with any race as getting to trade some of the higher end wares is difficult enough.
Could the parents of the little Argon girl, Suzie, please claim her sealed jar of remains?

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Tue, 27. Dec 05, 13:10

Some things shouldn't be possible without some rep hits. Pirate capitals would be one of them, I think!

Dgn Master
x3tc

Post by Dgn Master » Tue, 27. Dec 05, 13:19

Ok i'll meet ya half way :D

A rep hit is ok, so long as it's not instant war in most cases, maybe a one rank drop say from Argon Federation Guardian to Argon Trusted Ally or simular. Not so much as to cripple you if you have been trying to earn rank, but enough so that you feel the sting of your actions.

However if your only a citizen it would put you at war with them.

Sound fair?

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Tue, 27. Dec 05, 13:22

it takes some pretty evil actions to go to 'at war'. For the most part, even a serious reputation hit will just bar you from docking or entering 'Core' sectors.

Dgn Master
x3tc

Post by Dgn Master » Tue, 27. Dec 05, 13:28

Kinda moot us discussing this anyways when it's Cycrow's script and i'm sure he will decide what to do with it. Although it has been nice debatin with ya. :D

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Tue, 27. Dec 05, 13:30

Where would we be without irrelevant debate? Somewhere, that's where. And who wants to be somewhere when you can be elsewhere?

DrunkenPirate
x3ap

Post by DrunkenPirate » Tue, 27. Dec 05, 13:37

The station and gate location offers are a little steep don't you think? :p

80,000 to show me where 4 gates are? It would take 2 mins to find em on yer own.

Maybe wrap this and the station one into 1 BBS and cut the price a little.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 27. Dec 05, 13:49

yyeah i wasn't too sure what prices to set
so i'll just have to balance out the prices

but remember, it will reveal the distance gates and stations too, like pirate bases

Crush
x3tc

Post by Crush » Tue, 27. Dec 05, 14:08

Sandalpocalypse wrote:Still, maybe something that made getting a pirate capital ship more involved?
something like...

pirates have found out that during some huge battle with xenon or khaah some capital ships were so badly damaged that their crew left them to float around in the universe until some tug comes and tugs them to a recycling plant.

the ships are guarded by some fighters (to prevent marauding) and it's only going to be there for a certain time. so you pay only for the information, but have to fight for the wreck yourself. and then claim it. of course, it will be very badly damaged... and the distance to a shipyard will also be considerable...

now that would be interesting.

because huge battles happen all the time and it would be only natural if they left ships behind that are too expensive to repair... maybe...

by the way, how is that 'jump to me' command working out?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 27. Dec 05, 14:17

should be a simple command, but i've not started on it yet, been finishing of a few things first, i wanted to get all the bugs out the current scripts first ;)

Crush
x3tc

Post by Crush » Tue, 27. Dec 05, 14:20

Cycrow wrote:should be a simple command, but i've not started on it yet, been finishing of a few things first, i wanted to get all the bugs out the current scripts first ;)
yeah, that would be better. noone likes bugs... especially when x3 has enough to last a lifetime. :wink:

X-it
x3

Post by X-it » Tue, 27. Dec 05, 14:23

Another great script. Thank you Cycrow! :)

Yellowman
x4

Post by Yellowman » Tue, 27. Dec 05, 23:04

mmmmmmmmmmm i now have my ray (tnx too this script :thumb_up: ) But can u buy more capital ships or is this it?? Because now i cant find it anymore (agian)?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 27. Dec 05, 23:21

there is no limit to how often the offer will show up
so u can buy as many as u like

Yellowman
x4

Post by Yellowman » Wed, 28. Dec 05, 11:22

ok tnx then i will search further. But will it always be a Collossus, Ray and Hydra or will it chance also?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 28. Dec 05, 13:28

no, it will be random ships ;)

Rambam
x3

Post by Rambam » Wed, 28. Dec 05, 15:27

I think that the current system of buying capital ships from the BBS is fine ( but then I would - I've just bought a Teladi Condor that I'm using hull repair technology to patch up :wink: ).

I had a similar idea, but didn't know nearly enough about scripting to be able to knock a script together. My idea was that rogue Teladi salvagers would jump into battle zones after the fighting had finished and use their TLs / tugs to pick up any ships that had been abandoned. Mostly, they'd deal in fighter ships selling to dodgy organisations that didn't have the governmental contacts to buy them legitimately. Occasionally they'd offer capital ships, but any captured carrier or destroyer would have been so shot up that the crew would have had to bail. The salvagers would be willing to sell them to you, but wouldn't bother repairing them first.

I was considering putting the idea on the forum as a script request, but now I don't have to. Thanks Cycrow! :) :) :)

I do take the point that buying capital ships is maybe too easy. I personally don't feel guilty about buying my Condor, as I have pretty good race relations already - just one rank below being able to buy capital ships from shipyards (for all races). Increasing rank is so slow now - even a Xenon invasion will only increase my rep by 2% or so, and I can't even leave the game on SETA because I still have issues with freezing! Maybe there should be something extra involved, though - the peeved former owners of your new ship could send out a squad of fighters to destroy it and/or you. Imagine a dozen argon novas armed with mass drivers suddenly turning red when they get within 1 km of you! :o

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”