russian roulette

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

P88
x2

russian roulette

Post by P88 » Sun, 5. Oct 03, 23:39

did anyone see it tonight on channel 4? jesus he had he biting my nails to bits and on one of the pulls i couldnt watch, this man is a loonatic!! it was live too so it couldnt have been faked :!:

nobbystyles
x4

Post by nobbystyles » Sun, 5. Oct 03, 23:52

Ah man. i missed it. was waiting for it all day and watched Wild Wild West on channel 5 instead

Faze
x2

Post by Faze » Mon, 6. Oct 03, 00:15

It is well known that by machining and oiling the revolving chamber that if you hold the gun upright the round will end in the bottom chamber due to its weight.

Hold it on one side and that where the bullet will be.

Hardly rocket science.

:p
No point in running.
You will just DIE tired!

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak !

P88
x2

Post by P88 » Mon, 6. Oct 03, 00:16

yes but someone else loaded the gun on the other side of the table & under the table so he couldnt see it, plus there was a cap thing on it so he couldnt tell which chamber the bullet was in & it stopped it moving :)

esd
x3tc

Post by esd » Mon, 6. Oct 03, 01:55

I watched that - the poor bloke that loaded the gun was bricking it. Interesting TV indeed.
esd's Guides: X² Loops - X³ MORTs

ElectricMonk
x3tc

Post by ElectricMonk » Mon, 6. Oct 03, 02:03

esd wrote:I watched that - the poor bloke that loaded the gun was bricking it. Interesting TV indeed.
That's why he was chosen. He needed a person he could read easily, and if you're nervous you give a lot of things away subconciously. In this case he gave away the number of the chamber the bullet was in when he said the numbers.

It really was compelling stuff. Channel 4 strikes gold again :)

Snokid
x2

Post by Snokid » Mon, 6. Oct 03, 05:09

Next week on channel 4, a man puts a noose around his neck and hangs himself to break the world record of 5 hours; how long can he hold it. Tune in next week to find out on Channel 4

:roll:

RustiSwordz
x2

Post by RustiSwordz » Mon, 6. Oct 03, 08:36

Should have used an automatic pistol, increase the odds a fair bit.

Condition to that is he has to put the gun to his head and pull the trigger at least once.

:D
RustiSwordz Art Blog:

http://rustiswordz.blogspot.com/

nobbystyles
x4

Post by nobbystyles » Mon, 6. Oct 03, 08:56

RustiSwordz wrote:Should have used an automatic pistol, increase the odds a fair bit.

Condition to that is he has to put the gun to his head and pull the trigger at least once.

:D

I remember reading somewhere that a couple of fellas tried exactly that. they didnt realise that there is no gap and so the first guy pulled the trigger and blew his head off.

But just think how cool he was for playing it. Wonder if there will be people dumb enough to try it and TV wil get blame for their stupidity. If you are dumb enough to play it then you deserve everything you get IMO

hedg70
x4

Post by hedg70 » Mon, 6. Oct 03, 09:00

Pants!

he knew where it was.. u think he would be live to the uk and ready to blow his brains out?

No chance!

noboddy would let that happen for another 1 million yrs atleast

P88
x2

Post by P88 » Mon, 6. Oct 03, 11:13

lol he flew to a foreign country to do it, probably russia :wink:

Jasperodus
x3

Post by Jasperodus » Mon, 6. Oct 03, 12:32

4 sec delay so, no, we wouldn't have seen him blow his brains out.

As to the oiling and machining trick - only works if the chamber is spun, which it wasn't or the whole basis of the psychological trick involved would have been meaningless.

I think he did well and he was right to fluff it the first time (he's clearly not completely mad) but the fact is... he fluffed it. ...actually, I've just re-evaluated this. Did it add to the tension for people? Possibly it was showmanship.

Anyway, If you like Russian Roulette watch the Spanish film Intacto (cos I imagine everyone's seen the famous scene in The Deer Hunter). It's great, a thriller based on luck and the ability of certain people to give and take away luck. Features a very fine performance from Max von Sydow.

Jasp
Arms, my only ornament; my only rest, the fight. ~ Don Quixote, Cervantes

harag9
x2

Post by harag9 » Mon, 6. Oct 03, 12:51

Do you all remember earlier in the program when he was in a market place and had 6 cups on the table,

And the guy he asked to put the coin (or whatever it was) in them? Yep both times he put the coin under #1 cup.

and on the 3rd go when the guy moved the cups around he put the coin under #4 - well if anyone taped that or remember - #4 was the cup that Darren moved before he turned his back.

Personally I think the man has gift with that talent.

As for the shooting - Yea I beleave it happened and that he read the poor guy who was shitting his load (no pun) but that could have been fixed by darren telling him to put the bullet in slot #1 (but I dont think this happened)

Al

ElectricMonk
x3tc

Post by ElectricMonk » Mon, 6. Oct 03, 14:01

Channel 4 really know how to get people talking. first the live autopsy and now Derren Brown's stunt. It may not get the same ratings as other shows (2.9 million for Derren Brown) but people definately talk about it afterwards.

RustiSwordz
x2

Post by RustiSwordz » Mon, 6. Oct 03, 14:07

hedg70 wrote:Pants!

he knew where it was.. u think he would be live to the uk and ready to blow his brains out?

No chance!

noboddy would let that happen for another 1 million yrs atleast
Exactly, now it would have been different if he blew half his face off.
RustiSwordz Art Blog:

Faze
x2

Post by Faze » Tue, 7. Oct 03, 18:01

Total hoax,

Todays paper (Mail) did not have firearms licence. Didnt need one cos it was'nt a real gun.

Suckers

No point in running.
You will just DIE tired!

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak !

RustiSwordz
x2

Post by RustiSwordz » Tue, 7. Oct 03, 19:11

Faze wrote:Total hoax,

Todays paper (Mail) did not have firearms licence. Didnt need one cos it was'nt a real gun.

Suckers

Heh exatly, this is a country who wanted to force a top Russian trapeze troupe to wear saftey helmets when doing its show on tour over here, do peeps reallt think this man would have a real firearm short of getting himself arrected by a million anti firearm laws we have in this country.

(despite the fact that gun crime has increased tenfold despite the gun laws which are the most strict in any country anywhere.)
RustiSwordz Art Blog:

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Tue, 7. Oct 03, 19:16

No offence to russians but why did they come up with this. A true gamble.
Come watch me on Twitch where I occasionally play several of the X games

P88
x2

Post by P88 » Wed, 8. Oct 03, 01:28

lol the bugga had be convinced...

http://www.rense.com/general42/rr.htm :twisted:

esd
x3tc

Post by esd » Wed, 8. Oct 03, 02:32

Brown's spokesman declined to comment, apart from saying that if the illusionist had fired a blank round into his head "he would have died anyway".
Yup, total hoax. :P
esd's Guides: X² Loops - X³ MORTs

Return to “Off Topic English”