[MOD] Remove/Destroy/Kill ALL Civillian Ships & Taxis (UPDATED w/Cockpit/MinimalHUD)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Galaxy613
x4

Post by Galaxy613 » Tue, 29. Nov 05, 17:37

Put you changes in a mod. Use X2Mod Manager to put the Jobs file into a mod and then do that. I suggest you do not run in raw mode instead you should just use mods, they are so much easier...
10,000 Lightyears of awesomeness

cactus
x3tc

Post by cactus » Tue, 29. Nov 05, 18:59

Well... created the mod with the edited (lines deleted) Jobs,txt file, started a new game (with the mod selected) and NO civies/taxis in Argon Prime!

Loaded my last save game, and the ships are there, but have blank names in the sector map list :(

Went to an unexplored sector and NO civies/taxis were spawned, so, the question is, any way to get rid of those that are in the save game (other than going around and killing them manually!) ;)

cactus
x3tc

Post by cactus » Tue, 29. Nov 05, 19:08

Actually, I checked a sector using the universe map that has an Adv. Sat present and saw the blank named ships, if you visit that sector then the sector is updated and the ships are removed!

So, looks like this is a winner!

I'll stick the mod on my server if anyone wants a copy.

HTH

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 29. Nov 05, 19:13

u could use a script to kill all the ones, as theres none being spawned, u only have to run it once when u first load the game

cactus
x3tc

Post by cactus » Tue, 29. Nov 05, 19:29

Cycrow wrote:u could use a script to kill all the ones, as theres none being spawned, u only have to run it once when u first load the game
Good point, but I'll probably visit those sectors anyway so they will update automagically :)

You can get the mod here.

[EDIT]
Thanks to everyone who contributed!

Dr.Atom
x3

Post by Dr.Atom » Tue, 29. Nov 05, 21:27

Pirates and xenon destroy (pirates mostly) cargo shipds and other ships pilots who escape end up occuping docking ports i know this as i destroyed a ship when the dude ejected :lol: he fly bact to a traiding port :lol: :lol: the need to suvive is done with some weird ai, ive lost my ship so i think ill plug my ass ito a space station :lol: :lol:

deamoclese99
x3

Post by deamoclese99 » Wed, 30. Nov 05, 04:31

Thanks, it's just what i needed... one questio though, is there a way I ran run this mod and the cockpit mod (the one listed on this forum) together somehow?

cactus
x3tc

Post by cactus » Wed, 30. Nov 05, 10:41

deamoclese99 wrote:Thanks, it's just what i needed... one questio though, is there a way I ran run this mod and the cockpit mod (the one listed on this forum) together somehow?
There are 2 ways that this can be done.

1) Repackage the files in my mod and those in the cockpit mod into a single unfied mod with a new mod name.

2) Trick X3 to see my mod (or other mods) that it is a patch. I have NO idea how this is done and only saw it mentioned in this thread by Galaxy613.

I can see a super-mod request coming soon for all these in one mod:

Capital Rebalance by Galaxy613
Cockpit Callback by Galaxy 613
No Civillians by cactus
The Syndicate Galaxy by nuclear_eclipse
X3 Remote Property Management by nuclear_eclipse
The Minimal Hud Mod by lefthandblack

:D

JonusITA
x3

Post by JonusITA » Wed, 30. Nov 05, 11:47

-r = raw?

i don't know, you can try to pack the files in a mod and see (you can use also the tools for x2, x2modmanager by doubleshadow is simplier)
Memento Audere Semper

X-Tended Mod Team Member
X-Tended Mod official forums
X-Tended official ship gallery

cactus
x3tc

Post by cactus » Wed, 30. Nov 05, 11:51

JonusITA wrote:-r = raw?

i don't know, you can try to pack the files in a mod and see (you can use also the tools for x2, x2modmanager by doubleshadow is simplier)
I've already packed the files into a mod and the changes work fine, it just seems (to me) that the raw switch does not work on the executable.

son of cronus
x3

Post by son of cronus » Wed, 7. Dec 05, 09:44

I started a fresh game last night with your mod running. I have max resolution, textures and shaders on high and every thing eles turned on. I noticed straight away in AP that the menus response is now faster and smother without all those stupid memory eating idiot ships fart arsing around in sector.

This is sweet, the game looks much better with all the frills turned on.

Fantastic mod mate. :D :D :D

(allthough i still had to tweak down for mission 2)

cactus
x3tc

Post by cactus » Wed, 7. Dec 05, 11:10

son of cronus wrote:This is sweet, the game looks much better with all the frills turned on.

Fantastic mod mate. :D :D :D
Glad to hear it mate, although hopefully a future Egosoft patch will allow us to have these ships enabled without decreasing performance (such as fixing the "black hole" bug).

X-it
x3

Post by X-it » Sun, 18. Dec 05, 11:37

This looks very interesting. Reading the posts above, do we have to start a new game for this to work, or can I install it in my current game?

Edit: Frome the readme:
Works with new games as well as saves, but with save games you will need to revisit the sectors to update the sector information otherwise the ships will still be there only their names will be blank!
Meaning the ships will be there (but with no names) until we enter the sector? So when checking a sector with a sat/ship in, there will be lots of no name ships? That's no problem though, just making sure I got it. :)

Also, I've read that you can only have one mod enabled in X3. So I'll have to choose between this and any of the other mods? Nice of you to include the cockpit callback in it, btw.

Thanks,
ASUS A8R32-MVP DELUXE
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ 2.2 Ghz
OCZ 2048MB Dual Channel Platinum Edition RAM
WD Raptor X 150GB SATA 16MB 10000RPM
Radeon X1900XTX 512MB PCIe 16x
SB Audigy 2 ZS
Lian Li Miditower PC6070BSCAND w/Hiper R580W PSU
Win XP Pro SP2 w/MS dual-core CPU hotfix

X-it
x3

Post by X-it » Sun, 18. Dec 05, 21:55

Installed it, and it worked great (or like mentioned above at least). Then I installed the BBS mod (getting rid of BBS-entries that don't 'do' anything)and the missing ships models mod, and the the civilian/taxi ships were back. Also the cockpit diesappeared from my Nova Raider (but I still have the 'cockpit' when in the spacesuit).

I understood it as mods will work with each other as long as they don't conflict. Anyone know what the conflict could be here?

Any chance of a 'joint' mod featuring all the goodies on one mod? :)

cactus
x3tc

Post by cactus » Sun, 18. Dec 05, 22:16

X-it wrote:I understood it as mods will work with each other as long as they don't conflict. Anyone know what the conflict could be here?
The problem here is the fact that you can't run more than one mod, because of this there should be no conflicts. Remember, this is a mod not a script, and you only generally get conflicts with scripts.
X-it wrote:Any chance of a 'joint' mod featuring all the goodies on one mod? :)
That would be the solution to allowing you to run all the mods together.

HTH

X-it
x3

Post by X-it » Sun, 18. Dec 05, 22:40

Thanks that was my initial understanding too, but I asked the same question to the author of the missing ship models mod, and he said that if the mods didn't modify the same items in the game, we could use several mods.

Well thanks for the answer. I'll be using your mod only then, as this is the most interesting for me at this time.

Any chance you'll be making a 'cockpit merge' version like many of the other mods? :)

cactus
x3tc

Post by cactus » Wed, 21. Dec 05, 04:56

X-it wrote:Any chance you'll be making a 'cockpit merge' version like many of the other mods? :)
As requested: No Civillians With Cockpit Callback

NOTE: Cockpit Callback info.

X-it
x3

Post by X-it » Wed, 21. Dec 05, 18:04

Thank you very, very much! :)

cactus
x3tc

Post by cactus » Wed, 21. Dec 05, 20:21

greywolf
x3

Post by greywolf » Tue, 27. Dec 05, 18:05

Can u confirm u just deleted some lines out of the jobs file ??

I merged the less enemies and your no civ jobs.txt so i can put multiple modifications into one mod package for myself

both mods use the jobs file so i had to figure out what the changes were so i could put those both in one jobs.txt (pck)
Your mod seems to show up as missing lines in the jobs file , so i hope that is all i needed to change (easyer to spot)

have to find all mods i can to raise the fps in this game and merge them all in to one
whish i could find a mod to tune down the graph effects of the weapons, those flashes drop my fps like crazy since the 1.3 patch

thanks
6GB DDR3
512 Mb Saphire Radeon 4830
Realtek 5.1 HD sound
1Tb Seagate barracuda SATA
Saitek X52 Flight Controller

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”