[SCRIPT] Smugglers Guild V1.33 : Updated 10/04/2006

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Rate this scripts

Excellant
60%
Good
22%
OK
14%
Poor
No votes
Terrible
2%
Not really my thing
2%

Total votes: 50

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 23. Feb 06, 15:44

is it just the narcotics that does it ?

its pretty strange it will take u to the main menu, will have to test that and c what i can come up with

Dino_keepper
x3

Post by Dino_keepper » Thu, 23. Feb 06, 16:55

I gues it's just the narcotics because i have sold slaves and "weed" with no problems...

Heretic666
x3tc

Post by Heretic666 » Fri, 7. Apr 06, 13:53

I've got a readtext error in the BBs and I believe this script is the reason.

It is in a pirate base, and it is the only one of the scripts I have installed that I have been unable to find.

The message reads:
Posted by Unknown:

ReadText0-1
I will download the version on the first page of this thread (I got this one from the guilds pack) and see if it is just my t file that is screwy.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 7. Apr 06, 14:00

its possible its an error thats in the main game.
usually when its 0-1 it means the page id is wrong, i will check the script see if theres any error thatm ight cause it

Heretic666
x3tc

Post by Heretic666 » Fri, 7. Apr 06, 14:31

Damn that was a quick reply :o :P

Thanks for looking :)

Heretic666
x3tc

Post by Heretic666 » Fri, 7. Apr 06, 15:12

Ok it's not your script.

Sorry to have sent you looking like that, but I just got a smugglers bbs at the same time as this readtext one.

My bad, thanks for trying though, and great scripts btw :D

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

New Update, 1.33

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 10. Apr 06, 17:59

V1.33
* Improve custom patrol ship selection, ships will mainly use own race ships

now most of the custom ships should be thier own race but with a chance that a few will be mixed race ships, but not including the yaki/xenon ships

DrunkenPirate
x3ap

Post by DrunkenPirate » Wed, 12. Apr 06, 08:10

Hi Cycrow, I am getting the same problem now as the Finnish guy a few posts above.

If I am offered to buy goods via the BBS like 200 spacefuel for example it works fine.
However if someone offers to buy some of my contraband and I accept, they then tell me to go to another station in the same sector, as soon as I dock the screen fades to black and I am returned to the title screen.

This has occured to me 3 times now with 3 different types of wares. (The dream of a trader is a large ship, and lots of contraband to fill it with. :twisted: )

1st instance was in Rhonkars clouds, I sold weed at the trading station and was told to go to the Massom Mill M, as soon as I docled the game returned to the title screen.
2nd instance was in Argon Prime, sold 10 spacefuel at the equipment dock, as told to deliver to crystal fab where the game exited.
3rd time was just a few minutes ago In The Vault, sold a few spaceflies at the equipment dock, was told to deliver at the Mobile Drilling system factory, as soon as i docked it quit again to the title menu.

I am running the latest versions of all your scripts (I update via the script installer each time I play) and 1.4 of X3 (not 1.4.02)

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 12. Apr 06, 09:20

iis the problem repoducable ?
can u load the save game just before deleiving the ware and it crashes each time ?
if so, could you send me your save game to look at then i can try find out whats causing the crash

i will also look in the script see if i can find something wrong

DrunkenPirate
x3ap

Post by DrunkenPirate » Wed, 12. Apr 06, 09:36

I reloaded to a point before I accepted the sale, but since I have had this happen 3 times now I am sure it will arise again soon.
If it does I will save just before I have to deliver and notify you so that I can send you it.

HotFusion
x3

Post by HotFusion » Sun, 15. Jul 07, 07:53

Cycrow, I don't know if you're still working on this script package, but I've been having the same problem as the last few people. Whenever I'm offered a chance to sell contraband at another station, I get a crash to main menu when I arrive at the station. The problem is reproducible, and I can send you a save if you so desire.

kreep69
x3tc

Post by kreep69 » Wed, 22. Aug 07, 21:21

Hi Cycrow, just confirming the exit to menu problem.

1. Accepted Smugglers Guild mission from Pirate Base to deliver 26 Space Fuel to trading dock in Mists of Elysium.
2. Dock at trading dock in Mists of Elysium, go to Station BBS and there is a message there to sell 19 Space Fuel for X amount.
3. Accept the offer to sell but no space fuel is removed from my ship and I am told to deliver Space Fuel to guy in SPP in same sector.

As soon as I dock with the SPP to deliver the space fuel, the game crashes to the menu. If you continue that game from the menu, you get immediately kicked back to the menu. If you continue previous games to deliver the wares, you eventually end up at the menu after the same sequence of events take place.

NOTE: Game has the Xtended Mod and some other scripts like LVs cheats which should not interfere with SG. Have not tried in un-modded game.

mythagic

Post by mythagic » Sat, 15. Sep 07, 19:19

I also have the same problem as above.
Only read Argon Prime and Hackerchips (which I've been carrying for ages, waiting for a chance to sell!).

Has anybody else found the reason for the crash and/or a work-around?

bringwind
x3

Post by bringwind » Tue, 22. Jan 08, 14:22

Has this crashing to main screen issue been resolved? i'm still having that problem..

great script tho!

iCeFrEsH
x3tc

Post by iCeFrEsH » Mon, 16. Jun 08, 14:00

Hey Cycrow,

Do you think your script might interfere with some other scripts? Plz inform us, since I'm not the only one struggling with game crashing issues...

gr33tz
"Das heißt, eine logarithmische Spirale raum-zeitlich betrachtet nach INNEN!"

Wizlawz
x3

Post by Wizlawz » Fri, 2. Oct 09, 09:25

hi. i would like to get this script, but none of the links are werking especially "ANY" of th ircwhore links in any topic post. abyssgaming is marked as "Parked" as well??

if anyone has the smugglers script would you please i ask to share it with me?

germorris

Post by germorris » Mon, 12. Oct 09, 15:04

Wizlawz wrote:hi. i would like to get this script, but none of the links are werking especially "ANY" of th ircwhore links in any topic post. abyssgaming is marked as "Parked" as well??

if anyone has the smugglers script would you please i ask to share it with me?
Ditto for me, looks like the dload links are busted :(

Wizlawz
x3

Post by Wizlawz » Thu, 15. Oct 09, 10:50

ye strange on this one,.. tried to get it and the merc scripts,.... then one day after a few weeks of trying bingo! i got them,.. but now i had to uninstall for a fresh install :cry:

seems though this site is up,.. just checked it:

http://cycrow.thexuniverse.us/scripts/html/bountyhunt/

yay!! now just gotta find the smug and merc ones again;....

this one for the merc:
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=99155

got em! here you go!!

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/cycrow/

just go to the left side and click the Scripts:

http://cycrow.thexuniverse.us/scripts/index.html

then click this one:

http://cycrow.thexuniverse.us/scripts/html/guilds.html

:P :o :x3:

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”