Alien film saga questions

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Chimpster2000
x3

Alien film saga questions

Post by Chimpster2000 » Sat, 9. Nov 02, 22:34

Just finished re-watching all of the Alien films and I remembered some old questions I had...

Aliens question

1) What did the Aliens do to make all that funky black and blue entrail type stuff on the walls? :)

Alien 3 questions

2) How the hell did Alien eggs get onboard the ship during Aliens? As far as I'm aware the Queens egg laying capability was blown up by Ripley and the Queen only walked around by the dropship hanger bay.

3) Why didn't Ripley wake up from the cryo sleep when the facehugger burned its way through her cryo tube?

Aliens 3 just has too many large gaping plot holes. The direction was quite good, David Fincher's direction of the Aurtopsy scene and chestbursting scene was commendable. The story/writing was poor though.

Onto Resurection then... :)

4) What happened to make the Queen stop laying eggs and start giving birth to the half breed thing?

None of these were anwsered in the anchorpoint essays (if you like the Alien films - ave a search for them), so I'm curious what your take is on them).
"Life is like a hot bath, the longer you stay in it, the more wrinkly you get."

Mr Flibble

Post by Mr Flibble » Sat, 9. Nov 02, 22:39

1) some kind of gland the Aliens have to secrete the resin stuff. (the exact nature is unknown) similar to the way wasps and bees can use secretions to make their hives.

2) God knows. (The final cut of Alien 3 is over 1/2 an hour shorter than it should. The monks managed to get the alien into the nuclear bunker and seal it in, but the bloke in the med bay with the straight jacket managed to escape and in a fit of delution let the monster out again. This bit was filmed and stupidly was cut out.

3) God knows. Artistic licence perhaps. Or the sleep was artificially induced so she coulnt know anything.

4) The cloning of ripley left some human traits in the Alien Queen and some Alien traits in Ripley.

Chimpster2000
x3

Post by Chimpster2000 » Sat, 9. Nov 02, 22:44

Mr Flibble wrote: 4) The cloning of ripley left some human traits in the Alien Queen and some Alien traits in Ripley.
Yeah, that was the reason they gave for a lot of the things on ressurection on the anchorpoint essays too :) (ie 2 of the Aliens ripping apart the 3rd to escape from cell).
That was my only problem with number 4, the aliens behavior was too unchartaristic from that of previous films.

Thanks though rusti. :)

Winter Dragon
x3tc

Post by Winter Dragon » Sat, 9. Nov 02, 22:53

I personally disagree with the idea of the Queen laying eggs in the dropship landing gear bay (in which she stowed herself) but apparantly that's what she did.

It took about 50 minutes to travel from the ground to the Sullaco, and even with the eggsack gone the queen still had 1-2 eggs left in her which she then laid...

Personally I think this idea's absurd, and I think they should've ended the saga at the end of Aliens. ;) Just my opinion of course.

Chimpster2000
x3

Post by Chimpster2000 » Sat, 9. Nov 02, 22:57

So she quickly crept from the hanger bay to the cryo tube room, snuck back just in time to impale Bishop before having tea and biscuits :) Ok, just so I know :)

I don't think they should have "ended" the saga, they just should have fricking written a better plot :)

During Aliens, we see the development between her and Newt, she spends all her time rescuing her and then she dies within the first 30 seconds of the 3rd film! Nobby the nob nob. :D

Mr Flibble

Post by Mr Flibble » Sat, 9. Nov 02, 23:04

Ridly Scott is interested in doing an Aliens prequel explaning why the aliens came into space to start with.

My theory. The 'Space Jockey' creatures in the first film developed the Aliens as a bio weapon in a war against another alien race (the predators perhaps)

However when the SJ warship was enroute to drop its deadly load on the (predators) homeworld a (predator) warship intercepted them and shot them down onto the planet where Ripley and her Buddies found them years later.......

Winter Dragon
x3tc

Post by Winter Dragon » Sat, 9. Nov 02, 23:05

When the queen impales bishop, she is emerging from the landing gear of the dropship they just flew up in... - and the eggs are tucked up inside there somewhere, hanging upside down I was told.

So if the facehuggers emerge after they're all sleeping, then they could somehow get into the cryochamber and facehug ripley. I suppose another one must've sabotaged the controls somehow.. not sure how.

Chimpster2000
x3

Post by Chimpster2000 » Sat, 9. Nov 02, 23:16

Mr Flibble wrote:Ridly Scott is interested in doing an Aliens prequel explaning why the aliens came into space to start with.

My theory. The 'Space Jockey' creatures in the first film developed the Aliens as a bio weapon in a war against another alien race (the predators perhaps)

However when the SJ warship was enroute to drop its deadly load on the (predators) homeworld a (predator) warship intercepted them and shot them down onto the planet where Ripley and her Buddies found them years later.......
If Scotts directing - it will be fantastic :) Alien is clearly the best film of the saga :)

P88
x2

one thing

Post by P88 » Sat, 9. Nov 02, 23:18

one thing the saga doesnt tell you is where did the aliens come from? who made them? how did they get on that planet in Alien?

'ta

General Antilles
x3

Re: Alien film saga questions

Post by General Antilles » Sat, 9. Nov 02, 23:46

Chimpster2000 wrote:
1) What did the Aliens do to make all that funky black and blue entrail type stuff on the walls? :)
It's a secreted resin, like the female marine said, Weresbaski, or somthing like that.
Alien 3 questions
2) How the hell did Alien eggs get onboard the ship during Aliens? As far as I'm aware the Queens egg laying capability was blown up by Ripley and the Queen only walked around by the dropship hanger bay.
I heard that the Queen always carrys two 'dormant' eggs on her person when she leaves the nest to increase the Aliens terrotory.
3) Why didn't Ripley wake up from the cryo sleep when the facehugger burned its way through her cryo tube?
According to the Alien3 graphic novel, it origionally impregnated newt, but when the EEV chrased and sank, the queen embreo escaped from the dead body of Newt through her mouth, and swam into Ripleys to finish 'maturing'.
4) What happened to make the Queen stop laying eggs and start giving birth to the half breed thing?
Bad plotlines, like the whole film. :D

DonBeech
x4

Post by DonBeech » Sun, 10. Nov 02, 02:27

:shock: I always thought Bishop had planted them there.........
"I have the heart of a saint...I keep it in a jar on my desk!"

UncleKnobby

Post by UncleKnobby » Sun, 10. Nov 02, 03:35

Mr Flibble wrote: My theory. The 'Space Jockey' creatures in the first film developed the Aliens as a bio weapon in a war against another alien race (the predators perhaps)

The people who own the licencing for Aliens (20th Century Fox I think), also own the licencing for Preditor. as a result there are some cross-over Alien/Preditor books, where it is all explained.

The Peditors have a society where the hunter is the top man/woman/whatever in their early days there was a dangerous beast that they hunted. howevere as they became more technically advanced the danger was leastened, so they genetically modified the beastie.

Result..The Alien.

As the Preditors spread into space they took their sport with them. Given the increadible reproduction rate of the Alien's they spread to infest the part of the galaxy the Predators came from.

1) What did the Aliens do to make all that funky black and blue entrail type stuff on the walls?

The Aliens a gland that allows them to do this in order to prepare a nest for the queen.

The book implies that the Queen had a single egg still inside her, and that she could modify it to be a new Queen.

The same reason Caine was 'asleep' with a facehugger attached during the first film. If you watch closely you will see that the facehugger cut's itself on the glass, and splashed acids about. This started a small fire that set off the emergency proceedures, and the Cryotubes where ejected to get them out of a burning room.
Also in the books it's told that the Sullaco got back to earth empty.

This we have to guess at, but Pregency isn't a quick thing, so maybe as the embryo grow, it stopped her ability to lay eggs?

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”