Activation - Any other ideas?

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

sleepin
x3tc

Activation - Any other ideas?

Post by sleepin » Thu, 1. Jan 09, 03:35

So, I just purchased the game through Steam. Installs fine. I go to activate it through Tages and I can't seem to connect to their activation servers, manually (from the HTML file) or automatically.

I've been waiting for an email back from their tech support for a few hours now.

I've already read the sticky here and used forum search btw.

I've connected to a neighbors network and used the activation HTML with the same results. I'm assuming this is most likely an issue with their activation servers.

Anyone else run into this problem and have a solution?

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 1. Jan 09, 03:57

The usual solution is just to wait a bit until whatever problem they are having is cleared.

sleepin
x3tc

Post by sleepin » Thu, 1. Jan 09, 04:16

This should be good. With it being New Years and all. Oh well, I can't complain.

I read comments about the DRM used, on other forums, before I purchased so I knew what I was getting myself into...

Hopefully those fella's work weekends over at Tages. I'll leave the reply they email me (if they do, I'm assuming they will) if it's helpful in the hopes that it helps any other new purchasers.

nastilon
x3tc

Post by nastilon » Thu, 1. Jan 09, 04:17

I bought this game off of steam, my credit card was charged, and I cannot activate it because the TAGES online registration is down.

So.. Guess I get to wait till this weekend then?

I'm a bit pissed off about this

I also tried the manual activation but that doesn't work either, as, the tages site is non-functional.

You know what, if I can buy the game 24/7 then the people at tages better be there 24/7 and get the stinking server working. This is insane.

sleepin
x3tc

Post by sleepin » Thu, 1. Jan 09, 04:26

Yeah, sucks. I feel like I've been flogged for being good.
Last edited by sleepin on Thu, 1. Jan 09, 04:38, edited 1 time in total.

nastilon
x3tc

Post by nastilon » Thu, 1. Jan 09, 04:29

If it doesn't work by tomorrow morning I'm asking for a refund. Nothing against Egosoft but this tages protection just @%#@ed me in the butt for purchasing the game.

sleepin
x3tc

Post by sleepin » Thu, 1. Jan 09, 04:35

I was just looking for refund options on steam and it doesn't look like you can get one.

I'll email them with the question. Maybe they'll make an exception if there was a lot of purchasers who can't activate a product.

I doubt it though, considering we have a now "used" CD key and the DRM isn't their problem.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_art ... -WTDF-9465

EsotericFox
x3tc

Post by EsotericFox » Thu, 1. Jan 09, 04:39

I hate to say this after being such a huge fan of X3: Reunion, but I agree with everyone else here. I just bought TC from Steam and I find it absolutely unacceptable that I've been unable to activate the game all day.

Not a great way to start my TC experience.

nastilon
x3tc

Post by nastilon » Thu, 1. Jan 09, 04:44

sleepin wrote:I was just looking for refund options on steam and it doesn't look like you can get one.

I'll email them with the question. Maybe they'll make an exception if there was a lot of purchasers who can't activate a product.

I doubt it though, considering we have a now "used" CD key and the DRM isn't their problem.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_art ... -WTDF-9465
You can get a refund. If the goods are not delivered, and you have paid them money, they are legally obligated to refund you.

You don't just give a company free money and then when you don't get the product, let them keep your dollars.

kiwioz
x3tc

Post by kiwioz » Thu, 1. Jan 09, 04:59

Mate same here, just downloaded it last night and i have the identical problem , maybe its there day off, tired over 5 systems, to different providers. no luck.

sleepin
x3tc

Post by sleepin » Thu, 1. Jan 09, 05:03

Man, wish I would have known people were having problems since last night.

kiwioz
x3tc

Post by kiwioz » Thu, 1. Jan 09, 05:10

same here mate.

i agree with the others guys comment, if they can take our money 24 7 then they can at least have activation servers running 24 7

lets be patient, i was feaking out unitl i saw a few others where having the same problem , maybe 1 st january the srvers where down for a fix up???

it is a pitty as i cant even bu this title in austrlia at the moment

also buying is DVD or DRM they all use tages,

HEY TAGES A BIT MORE INFORMATION like SERVER STATUS would be good.

Mikobiko
x3tc

Post by Mikobiko » Thu, 1. Jan 09, 05:16

I had trouble last night trying to activate the game, but It eventually went through after waiting for something like 10min. Just keep spamming the activation and it eventually worked through.

Hope that helps you figure it out ^^

sleepin
x3tc

Post by sleepin » Thu, 1. Jan 09, 05:19

Haha... wow. A quick google search shows how reliable Tages is:

Link.

Yeah, I've been trying since I downloaded. Guess I'll give up for now.

{Page-stretching link tidied - esd}

kuroitenshi
x3tc

Post by kuroitenshi » Thu, 1. Jan 09, 05:32

hmm ... I have the same problem. This is what you actually get for using 3-rd party servers and apps to "protect" your games. Got it off Steam also ... and am severely disappointed.

They should at least provide some time limit during which you can play the game like Sacred 2. So we would be able to play even when tages servers are down.

Nothing else to do but to wait and play UT 3 (:

kiwioz
x3tc

Post by kiwioz » Thu, 1. Jan 09, 05:59

was this via automatic or manual activation?

both do not work they come up with unknown server.

snakemkii
x3tc

Post by snakemkii » Thu, 1. Jan 09, 07:30

Man.......same here.......i hate the DRM very much....... It make me feel a game can't play forever......

sidraket
x3tc

Post by sidraket » Thu, 1. Jan 09, 08:18

Honestly, what were they thinking?

snakemkii
x3tc

Post by snakemkii » Thu, 1. Jan 09, 08:23

I want to know too.....These kind of protect system make me don't want to buy a game..... coz after few years i think i can't play them anymore becoz of the server close down......
That's why I'm not going to download a fake one. Coz I want to keep a good game. But this DRM make me wait them take off it and release the Edition pack or sth that I finally can keep it forever...........That's how a gamer respect a game.......but this DRM really make me stop everything ...so poor

sidraket
x3tc

Post by sidraket » Thu, 1. Jan 09, 08:32

Well they say they will release a patch to remove the DRM after a year or so, but why they would want to hassle their customers with it in the first place is beyond me. I can kind of see how a large company just wouldn't know better - the people who make the decisions are separated from reality by walls and walls of committees and analysts who just say whatever to keep their jobs, but a smaller company should know how things really work.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”