X - Online, Where are You?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

whitebanzai
x3tc

X - Online, Where are You?

Post by whitebanzai » Thu, 12. May 05, 12:35

:?
From XBTF X Onl-line was launched but seems to have disappeared when X2 was released.
What happened to it as I must have dozed off whilst crunching through X Tension & X2?
Will X3 have mulitplayer ability or is Egosoft designing a new virtual X3 on-line with the release of the new engine?
Yours dissapointed that X the return wasn't re;leased last month, but hoping the new engine for X3 will test my 6800 GT,
Ian. :idea:

Lutzie
x2

Post by Lutzie » Thu, 12. May 05, 12:49

X3 will not have online multiplayer gaming.

You need to look into X: Online Universe, which is a long way away.
People, LEARN:

Lose: To be unsuccessful in retaining possession of; for example: He's always losing his money.
Loose: Not fastened or restrained; for example: Loose papers

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 12. May 05, 12:52

The Online Universe site hasn't disappeared; it is still exactly where it has always been. As Lutzie says, though, it does not have anything to do with X³ and is still quite a long way in the future.

smiley
x3tc

Re: X - Online, Where are You?

Post by smiley » Thu, 12. May 05, 14:15

whitebanzai wrote::?
From XBTF X Onl-line was launched but seems to have disappeared when X2 was released.
What happened to it as I must have dozed off whilst crunching through X Tension & X2?
Will X3 have mulitplayer ability or is Egosoft designing a new virtual X3 on-line with the release of the new engine?
Yours dissapointed that X the return wasn't re;leased last month, but hoping the new engine for X3 will test my 6800 GT,
Ian. :idea:
If you haven't noticed the number of threads asking 'Is there going to be on-line capability in X3?' then you didn't doze off, you were sound asleep.

:) Smiley :)
If you can keep your head while all around are losing theirs . . . you'll be taller than them.

whitebanzai
x3tc

Post by whitebanzai » Thu, 12. May 05, 20:17

:o :?
It's just that the game links give XBTF, X Tension, X2 ( and X3 that hasn't been released yet! :roll: .
X online is indeed Far Far Away (SPOLIER: Starwars Quote etc etc) :(
Some of us like Links to be Obvious like (Plug another Game, EVE ONLINE & UT2004) :roll: :wink:
I'll continue to Empire build in between Halo & UT2004, until X3 ? Hope it gets rolled out this time without needing loads of patches. :D

Stormsong
x3tc

Post by Stormsong » Thu, 12. May 05, 22:14

Bernd wrote:Hi everybody,

I can assure you that Online-Universe as a concept is still our long term goal. It is a pitty that we did not yet find financial resources to fund this game straight away, so we will have to stick with our "Plan B" and finance the development of Online-Universe through the X series.

You will notice that every game of the X series is a step towards OU. Some steps are smaller some bigger. X² - The Return also introduces some concepts which are part of the "big picture" that OU will be. The best example is probably the connectability of factories but there are others (just stay tuned ;)

The next step after X² - The Return will definitely bring us a whole lot closer to OU, because it will be another "almost from scratch" development and it is not very surprising that the working title for it is currently "X3" ;)

The fact that the OU website was not updated in a long time is indeed because we have not much new to say about it "PR" wise. It just doesn't make sense to talk about it at the moment. But internally there is always a lot of thinking going into this project.

Have a good new year everybody!

-Bernd
http://www.egosoft.com/x2/forum/viewtop ... 051#830051
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science."

whitebanzai
x3tc

Post by whitebanzai » Sat, 14. May 05, 01:40

:D
A sensible reply at last!
Thanks for taking the time to review my comments.
A rival concept, Eve online, boasts rival game play & Eye Candy to playing online but I have been put off by having to pay a monthly fee to "pay for the AI to mind the shop whilst not actually logged on".
I feel that although this helps to cover the "continuous expasion of the universe", the fact that I have spent a small fortune on the software is abit of a cheek.
The X game has potentially years of game play .
A suggestion would be to develop the sinlge player game with the option of logging on to an online Universe which would allow the end user to help develop further sectors, which could then be approved & incorporated into the ever expanding X Universe.
The average gamer only wants to pay for the origional game with the option to play online eg Unreal T 2004.
Hope X 3 gets launched this yaer as planned. 8)

Duriel_LOP
x4

Post by Duriel_LOP » Sat, 14. May 05, 07:24

X - Online is waiting for people to finance it, then it might get to be developed.
HAR HAR HAR, It be here!!!!

"There shall be wings! If the accomplishment be not for me, 'tis for some other. The spirit cannot die; and man, who shall know all and shall have wings..." - Leonardo da Vinci

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sat, 14. May 05, 08:35

And when it IS developed, 99% sure it'll be pay to play. It isn't just universe development that is paid for by that monthly fee--it also covers the cost of maintaining the servers, paying for network bandwidth, paying guys to support a game which is running 24/7, etc.

whitebanzai
x3tc

Post by whitebanzai » Sat, 14. May 05, 21:12

:) Point taken. At least make it affordable then more players will want to join.
:wink: £5.00 per month not unreasonable?
PS Is X online currently avaiable & if so how much?

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Sat, 14. May 05, 21:17

CBJ wrote:The Online Universe ... is still quite a long way in the future.
Big clue there.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”