New Standalone Mission. Imperial Mercenary Guild

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

New Standalone Mission. Imperial Mercenary Guild

Post by LV » Tue, 7. Sep 04, 23:07

This script pack has no command slots or files that will affect any other script you have installed :)
Assassination 1.2 19/9/04

-------------------------------------------------

UPDATE

Timings : Fixed

Missions now slightly more difficult :)

________________________________________-

manual install

the files in the "t" folder into your x2 "t" folder :)

the files in the "scripts" folder into your x2 scripts folder

once installed the script will be called at a random time interval

if you don't want to accept the mission then just ignore it but you will lose experience points :)

all other details will be given in mission
'

Overview.

You will be contacted and offered the chance to work for The Empire killing thier assassination targets. (No race rank is lost)

You will be contacted with the co-ordinates of the target ship and you will have ten minutes to decide if your accepting it or not.

With each kill you get paid and also gain experience (you must kill the ship!)

as your level grows the target strength grows also together with the payout.

This missions is rated "Extreme Combat" even though you will only have one target for early stages.

Conditions are that the pirate anarchy port must be in your game (It's my base of operations ;) and you will have fly there to start the missions off young padwans :)

Enjoy and feedback.
Last edited by LV on Sun, 19. Sep 04, 20:53, edited 2 times in total.
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

razorhead
x4

Post by razorhead » Wed, 8. Sep 04, 01:03

COOL :D :thumb_up:

khabal
x3

Post by khabal » Thu, 9. Sep 04, 12:38

Must you, guys, mix Star Wars, Star Trek, Babylon 5 and other God knows how many movie worlds with an already well defined completely diferent universe. :evil:

Reading this post I actually apreciated the ideea of gettinf more assassination missions, but I got to the part where you work for the Empire ??? :evil: :evil: Oh, please, leave me alone with that sh*t :roll:

Change the "Empire" :roll: to <input race name> Secret Service or Mercenary Guild or something else, but PLEASE don't ruin the game experience by adding sh*t from movies and TV shows. PLEASE !!!!

Mailo
x3

Post by Mailo » Thu, 9. Sep 04, 13:28

Please point me to the quote from "official X2 literature" that says that no group exists who call themselves "The Empire".

Until I've seen that quote I'll continue serving The Empire, a group of pirates based in Loomankstrats Legacy (probably spelled that wrong :P)

dPM_HeMan
x3

Re: New Standalone Mission. Imperial Mercenary Guild

Post by dPM_HeMan » Thu, 9. Sep 04, 15:46

LV wrote:Conditions are that the pirate anarchy port must be in your game
does this refer to the pirate shipyard i once made or is this something you created ? :roll:
by the way pirate shipyard became V2 about a week ago, refer to readme for more info (adapted to 1.4)
Last edited by dPM_HeMan on Fri, 10. Sep 04, 16:09, edited 1 time in total.

Freggel.Doe
x2

Re: New Standalone Mission. Imperial Mercenary Guild

Post by Freggel.Doe » Thu, 9. Sep 04, 15:59

dPM_HeMan wrote:
LV wrote:Conditions are that the pirate anarchy port must be in your game
does this refer to the pirate shipyard i once made or is this something you created ? :roll:
by the way pirate shipyard became V2 about a week ago, refer to readme for more info (adapted to 1.4)
there is a pirate anarchy port already in the game. it has no shipyard capabilites. look in a sector named loomanckstrat's legacy.
btw. your link is not working, just brings up a 404 page.

greetings freggel

edit: corrected typos in sector name.

henchman
x3tc

Post by henchman » Thu, 9. Sep 04, 16:45

Hi,

Link works fine. Just right click and choose 'save target as' and it will download ok.
Hope this helps.

Freggel.Doe
x2

Post by Freggel.Doe » Thu, 9. Sep 04, 17:08

LV's link is working, dPM_HeMan's link still isn't. i was referrring to dPM_HeMan's link to version 2 of the pirate shipyard he mentioned as i was replying to his post. sorry if i confused anyone.

greetings freggel

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Thu, 9. Sep 04, 17:43

This script has got jack shit to do with a pirate shipyard and iirc the word Empire is not used in this script :roll:

:)
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

khabal
x3

Post by khabal » Thu, 9. Sep 04, 18:04

Well, you're the one who said you work for the Empire :roll: and the "start the missions off young padwans " doesn't exactley help clear the confusion. So if you're not working for the Empire :roll: , who do you work for ? The Republic :roll: or you just find the missions in the trash can ?

henchman
x3tc

Post by henchman » Thu, 9. Sep 04, 18:21

LV, installed the script. When i get the verbal new mission incoming message and go to read it, all that appears is 'READTEXT5050-775'. I have your Deathmatch script installed also, could this be causing a problem?

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Thu, 9. Sep 04, 18:50

henchman wrote:LV, installed the script. When i get the verbal new mission incoming message and go to read it, all that appears is 'READTEXT5050-775'. I have your Deathmatch script installed also, could this be causing a problem?

Yup, good spot, Now fixed, just re download the file :)

And the sith will always be around, if you have a problem with The Empire never go XOU :P
Last edited by LV on Thu, 9. Sep 04, 19:54, edited 1 time in total.

Avis
x2

Post by Avis » Thu, 9. Sep 04, 18:55

I can feel the needlessness welling deep within this one,

either way I find Baked Beans on Toast works a treat, should be sorted by Suppa time.

DeadlyDa
x4

Post by DeadlyDa » Fri, 10. Sep 04, 01:24

Maybe it's just me...but the frequency of the missions is way too high. They seem to occur so fast as to be intrusive to the overall game play.

The basicl concept (and execution) is fine. I guess I'll just tinker with the timing until I get something that works for me.

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Fri, 10. Sep 04, 08:56

The time should be between 30 mins and 1hr 30 mins for the mission to be called, during testing i had some strange returns here where the timer codes i used simply did as they pleased

How long are they coming for you?

mouse_male
x2

Post by mouse_male » Fri, 10. Sep 04, 09:52

Hi LV!!
Thanx for Your work!

With Your permission I ve posted the link to Your script in russian forum...
Is that ok??

regards
...I`ve seen the future, brother: it is murder...
Leonard Cohen

dPM_HeMan
x3

Post by dPM_HeMan » Fri, 10. Sep 04, 16:10

Freggel.Doe wrote:LV's link is working, dPM_HeMan's link still isn't.
thx, i fixed the problem ;)

henchman
x3tc

Post by henchman » Sat, 11. Sep 04, 12:46

Hi LV, still getting the same readtext error even with the new scripts installed over the old ones. Anything else i can try?

cheers

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Mon, 13. Sep 04, 09:07

Updated

The init script was timer based and i think this causes problems kicking up other scripts but i'm not 100% yet

Timers have been removed and thanks to some feedback the ability to knock out a few m2's without much trouble has been sorted

Assassination 1.1 13/9/04

razorhead
x4

Post by razorhead » Mon, 13. Sep 04, 14:49

i had one mission where it told to go to the unknown sector :lol: the problem is that there are 4-5 unknown sectors :roll: so i didn´t complete that mission :lol:

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”