Mission 2 TP: Cheat?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Did you strip the Mission 2 TP?

Yes
70%
No
30%

Total votes: 93

Aro
x4

Mission 2 TP: Cheat?

Post by Aro » Thu, 12. Aug 04, 07:59

So, in your current game, did you strip the mission 2 tp to fund yourself?
Another question would be, would this be a 'cheat'? If people are against SETA use, why is it not common to leave the TP alone (not counting Mr. Boron..)?

I personally didn't in my last game, took longer to get going but was an interesting ride.

Mmmm, morality questions are fun.
[ external image ]
The end of a trilogy does not mean an end to a series.
| Vanilla with strawberries? [List of Vanilla safe mods.] | Tired of the plots? [Plot Skipper Tool v0.5] |
| X3: R & TC Minimaps |

-TD-13-
x3

Post by -TD-13- » Thu, 12. Aug 04, 08:28

Heck ya. I still got pirate blood in me. Rehab? What rehab. :D
Took its hubcaps too.

S. Heron
x3

Post by S. Heron » Thu, 12. Aug 04, 08:32

I didn't, but then again, I didn't do the mission to begin with. I just took the disco from banadamanda and flew away. Some time later, PE fell and they wanted me in the goner base.

I don't consider it to be a cheat. It's nice to have the possibility of a jumpstart.

But shouldn't you be using spoiler tags for that one?

Dunners
x3

Post by Dunners » Thu, 12. Aug 04, 09:48

You bet i did. Otherwise it would take about a week to trade that amount of money in the beginning of the game. I also tried to sell the Kho women, but couldnt.

Dunners

carran
x4

Post by carran » Thu, 12. Aug 04, 10:06

Yup, stripped it clean

I also used it for trading before fetching Mi Ton

JaimeWolf
x3

Post by JaimeWolf » Thu, 12. Aug 04, 10:07

By the time I get around to returning MiTon & co I usually have enough money to do what I like with the Express. An extra 500K is not that much.
So once I returned the Express with all the software upgrades, speed & rudder tunings, a shiny new 25MW shield so it was up to 75MW, and an APSG. I even gave the thing a new coat of paint, fer goodness sakes!

I still had to apologise for the condition I returned the Express in and got a Mercury at 77%.

Since then I have stripped it to bare bones - to the extent of even removing SETA and the Boost extension off it onto another ship - I can get another 700Cr by doing that.
The 5% Mercury I get as a result gets sent to Argon Prime for "rehab" and I get on with my life.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 12. Aug 04, 10:10

I didn't.

Graaf
x3tc

Post by Graaf » Thu, 12. Aug 04, 10:17

Thanks for reminding me how to get 25MW shields for my new Orinoco :D

XU Vagabond
x3tc

Post by XU Vagabond » Thu, 12. Aug 04, 10:29

i did strip it down and put bricks where the landing struts where. that's what i do to mi-ton other ship too

Al
x3tc

Post by Al » Thu, 12. Aug 04, 10:34

Didn't the first time although I did head off in the TP for trading for a while before picking up Mi Ton.

Second time I stripped it bare :)

Al
X2 Capture Guru - X3:TC Noob :D
X2 Capture Guide

Uncle B

Post by Uncle B » Thu, 12. Aug 04, 10:37

I had every intention of doing so but got too carried away flying in my fast Orinoco.

It got destroyed in the ruin of Presidents End where I left it parked to deal with the pirates so I reloaded thinking if Saya is dead might be bad later on.

This time I parked it in Terracorp HQ with all the extras I'd put on: strafe drives, the full 50mw shields etc (can't remember if I put in an extra one or not) and after a while Ban Danna calls up and says forget what you were doing and do this now. So I lost the goods, left the ship pristeen AND didn't get a Mercury either.

Stinking thieves!
[Mutter! Grumble... Cough! Splutter. Mumble...]

Uncle B

Post by Uncle B » Thu, 12. Aug 04, 10:38

I had every intention of doing so but got too carried away flying in my fast Orinoco.

It got destroyed in the ruin of Presidents End where I left it parked to deal with the pirates so I reloaded thinking if Saya is dead might be bad later on.

This time I parked it in Terracorp HQ with all the extras I'd put on: strafe drives, the full 50mw shields etc (can't remember if I put in an extra one or not) and after a while Ban Danna calls up and says forget what you were doing and do this now. So I lost the goods, left the ship pristeen AND didn't get a Mercury either.

Stinking thieves!
[Mutter! Grumble... Cough! Splutter. Mumble...]

johntarmac
x3tc

Post by johntarmac » Thu, 12. Aug 04, 14:14

used mine for capturing until i could afford an iguana..
now it sits in an equipment dock buying ghepts for me :roll:

arcana75
x3tc

Post by arcana75 » Thu, 12. Aug 04, 14:23

I stripped it alright. Why waste a good opportunity? More profitssss.

gillrichard
x3tc

Post by gillrichard » Thu, 12. Aug 04, 14:24

...didn't, wished I did, but that is life.

In my second game I did. :p

Such is life!
The thing is...there is no thing.

papa_g
x3

Post by papa_g » Thu, 12. Aug 04, 14:25

I striped it
Spoiler
Show
hmmm just thought of something, what if instead of going to atredys clouds i went to argon prime striped the ship and then changed into my disco and sold the express :twisted:, would i have got a game over or something.

Texas
x3

Post by Texas » Thu, 12. Aug 04, 14:48

Yep. Stripped the Disco too.
Made enough to Start running a Simple Ore Mine in Herron's.
Sells to Borons and Argons.
Hey they don't care. i consider it child support backpayments!
Professionals are predictable.
It's the amateurs that are dangerous!

Terra rebel34
x2

Post by Terra rebel34 » Thu, 12. Aug 04, 15:16

papa_g wrote:I striped it
Spoiler
Show
hmmm just thought of something, what if instead of going to atredys clouds i went to argon prime striped the ship and then changed into my disco and sold the express :twisted:, would i have got a game over or something.
great idea but don't sell the express just leave it there
*insert sig here*

therjw
x2

Post by therjw » Thu, 12. Aug 04, 15:20

I stripped it but it not a cheat for if you strip it the health on the mercury you get goes lower
Last edited by therjw on Thu, 12. Aug 04, 15:22, edited 1 time in total.

Tyepo
x2

Post by Tyepo » Thu, 12. Aug 04, 15:21

I held back this time around and didnt strip it. Doing this makes the beginning portion of the game much more fun and challenging I think (abeit slower). Now......
Spoiler
Show
When It came to the Hydra later on in the plot I stripped that thing so fast your head would spin (after completing the mission of course :D ). That wasnt really for the money but rather out of spite since Mi Ton really made me mad that time.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”