VIG Syndicate

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Post Reply
Dipluz
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu, 21. Nov 13, 12:57

VIG Syndicate

Post by Dipluz » Mon, 2. Oct 23, 13:26

So I was building a station, and my ships was continuously harassed by VIG, got sick and tired of it so I sent my 30 Syns to destroy them. But then to realize after taking down 4 stations. That if I became +20 They would stop harrasing me (Oooops) and now im -27. I read that their stations dosen't spawn station criminals, and there are various missions but also a hidden satellite in Averice I I can find to pay 15mill and reset my standing.

I am also in the middle of the Northriver plot to deploy those 5 navigation beacons after the race.

What is your best approach here?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
Posts: 30292
Joined: Fri, 16. Apr 04, 19:21
x4

Re: VIG Syndicate

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 2. Oct 23, 13:48

See spikeles post here in case it or the thread it's in help.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

jlehtone
Posts: 21781
Joined: Sat, 23. Apr 05, 21:42
x4

Re: VIG Syndicate

Post by jlehtone » Mon, 2. Oct 23, 18:22

I did start "nice" with VIG and got to +20 with them before any "plots".

One of the Northriver choices did drop the rep a lot (perhaps by 30 points, so to -10?) and did give two tasks:
* Pay at satellite. (Hence, I think it is only in the plot)
* Kill a station.

I did not do either immediately. At some intervals my rep did drop additional -5. I did pay at the satellite before I was at -30.
The rep did not drop after that. Did not move up either.
When the second task was complete, the reputation was restored to the original (+20).

If you are at -27, then I would expect it to drop to -30 while the tasks are incomplete and then get back to -27.


The Teladi stations should have missions for VIG that you can use to get your rep up.
FRF stations definitely do have FAF missions to improve FAF reputation.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

RainerPrem
Posts: 3552
Joined: Wed, 18. Jan 06, 07:39
x4

Re: VIG Syndicate

Post by RainerPrem » Thu, 5. Oct 23, 07:38

jlehtone wrote:
Mon, 2. Oct 23, 18:22
I did start "nice" with VIG and got to +20 with them before any "plots".

One of the Northriver choices did drop the rep a lot (perhaps by 30 points, so to -10?) and did give two tasks:
* Pay at satellite. (Hence, I think it is only in the plot)
* Kill a station.

I did not do either immediately. At some intervals my rep did drop additional -5. I did pay at the satellite before I was at -30.
The rep did not drop after that. Did not move up either.
When the second task was complete, the reputation was restored to the original (+20).

If you are at -27, then I would expect it to drop to -30 while the tasks are incomplete and then get back to -27.


The Teladi stations should have missions for VIG that you can use to get your rep up.
FRF stations definitely do have FAF missions to improve FAF reputation.
The slow drop in reputation after dissing the Northrivers is unavoidable. As is the destruction of that station. What you can do (since we're in Spoilers here):

1. Park a large enough fleet (needing to kill the station in less than 10 minutes) close to that station.
2. Park a small ship ON that station.
3. Jump immediately into that ship and the sabotage the station's defense. (It has A LOT OF plasma towers)
4. Flee from the station into another sector and order your fleet to attack.
5. Secure the fleet from the VIG S-fighters with dropping A LOT OF lasertowers (I used about 500)
6. While the fleet is active approach the satellite.
7. As soon as the staion is destroyed pay the protection money and all is well.

cu
Rainer

User avatar
Casishur
Posts: 1644
Joined: Fri, 1. Jul 05, 10:04
x4

Re: VIG Syndicate

Post by Casishur » Sat, 11. Nov 23, 12:45

jlehtone wrote:
Mon, 2. Oct 23, 18:22
The Teladi stations should have missions for VIG that you can use to get your rep up.
I am currently -29 from a former -30 from a data leak mission.
Have currently done over 80 data leak missions with the Teladis for Vigor and am still at -29.
But I'm now almost at war with the MIN, who used to be +27 and are now at -5.

I already completed the twins a long time ago
so the option of using the satellite and reloading is out of the question. As this was 3/4 of a year ago.


The reputation still needs to be improved in any case.
CPU Typ Ryzen 9 3900x
Grafikkarte Radeon RX 6600 XT 8GB
Arbeitsspeicher: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4 3200MHz
Motherboard Name/Typ MSI B550 Gaming Plus
Win 10 64 bit

Betty : Autopilot.... hat.... total Versagt.

Twitch https://www.twitch.tv/Casishur

Stu Austin
Posts: 2254
Joined: Tue, 23. Dec 03, 22:32
x4

Re: VIG Syndicate

Post by Stu Austin » Mon, 13. Nov 23, 03:37

Casishur wrote:
Sat, 11. Nov 23, 12:45
jlehtone wrote:
Mon, 2. Oct 23, 18:22
The Teladi stations should have missions for VIG that you can use to get your rep up.
I am currently -29 from a former -30 from a data leak mission.
Have currently done over 80 data leak missions with the Teladis for Vigor and am still at -29.
But I'm now almost at war with the MIN, who used to be +27 and are now at -5.

I already completed the twins a long time ago
so the option of using the satellite and reloading is out of the question. As this was 3/4 of a year ago.


The reputation still needs to be improved in any case.
Hello all. I too had a lot of problems getting my VIG rep up. I did a whole lot of data leak missions but the rep just wasn't coming up. Someone mention that it was because I was using my Eclipse (fighter) and mentioned I should switch ships. As soon as I started using my Argon Courier ship for the VIG missions, my rep came up faster and as the rep came up, I was getting build missions from VIG which brought up the rep faster. Just don't do any missions for the VIG Keepsafe (give them a wide berth because they will send fighters after you). Hope this helps.
stu
Transcend Mod Team - AP, TC, Reunion

Scoob
Posts: 9896
Joined: Thu, 27. Feb 03, 22:28
x4

Re: VIG Syndicate

Post by Scoob » Mon, 13. Nov 23, 14:17

Isn't it just +10 we need for them to stop harassing us? That's what it says in my game and, indeed, once I hit +10 they don't bother me at all. I'd usually fight them, but this last game I wanted to make friends, as I'd not explored any mission they might offer if we align with them. Not taken any missions thus far lol.

User avatar
Casishur
Posts: 1644
Joined: Fri, 1. Jul 05, 10:04
x4

Re: VIG Syndicate

Post by Casishur » Mon, 13. Nov 23, 14:46

Stu Austin wrote:
Mon, 13. Nov 23, 03:37


Hello all. I too had a lot of problems getting my VIG rep up. I did a whole lot of data leak missions but the rep just wasn't coming up. Someone mention that it was because I was using my Eclipse (fighter) and mentioned I should switch ships. As soon as I started using my Argon Courier ship for the VIG missions, my rep came up faster and as the rep came up, I was getting build missions from VIG which brought up the rep faster. Just don't do any missions for the VIG Keepsafe (give them a wide berth because they will send fighters after you). Hope this helps.
stu
How do you know that? I didn't even know that, even though I've been playing since the 2018 release.

I'll have to try it out when I've restored the reputation at the Ministry of Finance. -5
CPU Typ Ryzen 9 3900x
Grafikkarte Radeon RX 6600 XT 8GB
Arbeitsspeicher: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4 3200MHz
Motherboard Name/Typ MSI B550 Gaming Plus
Win 10 64 bit

Betty : Autopilot.... hat.... total Versagt.

Twitch https://www.twitch.tv/Casishur

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
Posts: 30292
Joined: Fri, 16. Apr 04, 19:21
x4

Re: VIG Syndicate

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 13. Nov 23, 16:22

I have no idea why or even if ship swapping would affect mission rep gain. Are the missions or awards even coded to recognise the current player ship - apart from mission suitability? :gruebel:

If you meant Keepsafe sending fighters, then that is their jealous guarding of their Erlking project and you are warned off by the station before getting fighters sent at you. Ignore at your peril. Once you have 'resolved' the Erlking ownership issue in your favour, then Keepsafe is open to you for trading and mission-giving.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

User avatar
Casishur
Posts: 1644
Joined: Fri, 1. Jul 05, 10:04
x4

Re: VIG Syndicate

Post by Casishur » Mon, 13. Nov 23, 16:36

Alan Phipps wrote:
Mon, 13. Nov 23, 16:22
I have no idea why or even if ship swapping would affect mission rep gain. Are the missions or awards even coded to recognise the current player ship - apart from mission suitability? :gruebel:

If you meant Keepsafe sending fighters, then that is their jealous guarding of their Erlking project and you are warned off by the station before getting fighters sent at you. Ignore at your peril. Once you have 'resolved' the Erlking ownership issue in your favour, then Keepsafe is open to you for trading and mission-giving.
Some missions do not fit in relation to the rep gain, for example when it comes to destroying a L trade/destroyer ship of the Ministry of Finance.
After about 80 data leak missions (current status), where nothing happened at -29, I cancelled.
CPU Typ Ryzen 9 3900x
Grafikkarte Radeon RX 6600 XT 8GB
Arbeitsspeicher: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4 3200MHz
Motherboard Name/Typ MSI B550 Gaming Plus
Win 10 64 bit

Betty : Autopilot.... hat.... total Versagt.

Twitch https://www.twitch.tv/Casishur

Stu Austin
Posts: 2254
Joined: Tue, 23. Dec 03, 22:32
x4

Re: VIG Syndicate

Post by Stu Austin » Mon, 13. Nov 23, 17:04

Alan Phipps wrote:
Mon, 13. Nov 23, 16:22
I have no idea why or even if ship swapping would affect mission rep gain. Are the missions or awards even coded to recognise the current player ship - apart from mission suitability? :gruebel:

If you meant Keepsafe sending fighters, then that is their jealous guarding of their Erlking project and you are warned off by the station before getting fighters sent at you. Ignore at your peril. Once you have 'resolved' the Erlking ownership issue in your favour, then Keepsafe is open to you for trading and mission-giving.
Hello. I have no idea of why ship swapping worked. I was at -15 and after I swapped to the Courier ship, my rep started to come up. I'm at +21 now.
Even now with my high rep, if I go near Keepsafe, they send fighters after me. All their stations are blue to me. To get near the Erlking, I have to go to the left side and sneak in to it. I haven't tried boarding it yet. I want to get my rep up to the highest rep first.
stu
Transcend Mod Team - AP, TC, Reunion

User avatar
Casishur
Posts: 1644
Joined: Fri, 1. Jul 05, 10:04
x4

Re: VIG Syndicate

Post by Casishur » Fri, 15. Dec 23, 12:53

The Erlking has its weapons inactive due to the missing captain.
You can board the ship by remote command out of sector.




Recommendation to Egosoft. The station should protect the ship with all its might, such out of sector...
CPU Typ Ryzen 9 3900x
Grafikkarte Radeon RX 6600 XT 8GB
Arbeitsspeicher: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4 3200MHz
Motherboard Name/Typ MSI B550 Gaming Plus
Win 10 64 bit

Betty : Autopilot.... hat.... total Versagt.

Twitch https://www.twitch.tv/Casishur

Post Reply

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”