Sanity check

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

budforceuk
x4

Sanity check

Post by budforceuk » Thu, 8. Apr 21, 10:11

Just, humour me lol.

When transferring crew around between ships, I am assuming oncce you have learned the teleport technoloogy, they just teleport around to each ship?

For example, I transfer crew from a small transporter in Hatikva to a capital ship in Pontifex's Claim, the ship in Hatikva didnt even move and the crew magically appear in the capital ship, so they teleported, right?

Dont get me wrong, thats cool, you research the tech so, it makes sense the player isnt the only one that can teleport and that your crew and marines can also, which saves ships from having to physically dock or docked at the same station.

Raptor34
x4

Re: Sanity check

Post by Raptor34 » Thu, 8. Apr 21, 10:18

Not sure if you actually need teleportation.
Its I think a change from sometime in 3.X. Afaict its instant for your own crew but newly hired crew will take a short while.

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Thu, 8. Apr 21, 11:31

It can look instant but it's not really... it depends on the distance (in sectors) between ships... it's extremely fast though...

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Thu, 8. Apr 21, 11:41

If you're in the same sector they use little pods to transfer between ships (rather than teleporting). These pods enter & exit through the same airlocks used by the spacesuit. Noticed this because I usually fly a Falx & airlock's just in front of the bridge on that particular ship. It's quite neat really, I can count the number of pods returning after a boarding op, for example. No idea if they use the same mode of transport over longer distances - I always park ships relatively close to each other before doing crew transfers.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 8. Apr 21, 16:44

You don't need teleportation. I don't have PHQ and I transfer across the Galaxy just fine.
Crew transfer options in 3.00. "Improved personnel management and crew transfer system." was new feature of 3.30.

I don't see pods even in sector, high attention. (I have moved Marines back to their base ships multiple times.) Or perhaps I'm always a bit too far. 3.10 definitely had pods, but 3.30 not so much.

Transfer to pilot duty is practically instantaneous. Transfer of other crew; they leave source ship instantly and are listed on destination too, but with gray names. That takes many seconds. Distance might be a factor.

Now that I think of it, company assets might list the pods while they are in transfer even though they don't show in sector.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Thu, 8. Apr 21, 19:32

jlehtone wrote:
Thu, 8. Apr 21, 16:44
I don't see pods even in sector, high attention. (I have moved Marines back to their base ships multiple times.) Or perhaps I'm always a bit too far. 3.10 definitely had pods, but 3.30 not so much.
Pods bringing surviving marines back to my Syn after a successful boarding op:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/b8v47edbegf0c ... 1.jpg?dl=0

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 8. Apr 21, 20:56

Bit too far then. My personal ship is almost never involved in crew transfers. Hence the pods are not on my nose to be seen.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Return to “X4: Foundations”