Excess Credits for Xenon Invasion Defense

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Solour
x3ap

Excess Credits for Xenon Invasion Defense

Post by Solour » Tue, 9. Feb 21, 20:22

I participated in a Xenon invasion defense and the message in the log said that I earned ~320K credits for like three killed enemies.
However, my actual budget was raised by 75M credits or so while I would expect that the traders and factories would make at most 2-4M during the fight.
Is there some bug or other issue I am not aware of?
This happened now twice...

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Re: Excess Credits for Xenon Invasion Defense

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Tue, 9. Feb 21, 21:36

Overpaid Xenon invasion missions is a known bug of X2: The Threat.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 9. Feb 21, 22:29

Xenon Invasion has two bugs.
  1. The more reward than advertized is "harmless". It merely spoils the challenge to gain credits.
  2. The other one is that when you enter BBS and the a XI mission message is created, endless amounts of those messages will spawn rapidly into that station's BBS until you undock. There is no telling if that causes overflow, crash, or even corruption into the next save.
The idea of XI mission is that it spawns occasionally, is about sector next to Xenon sector, and while the offer is still valid the message will on every station of several sectors that are near the target sector.
Why it did spawn more than one message on the same station? A bug.
I did start to undock immediately when I saw the first XI message.

One could exploit that; accept more than one mission offer simultaneously. Thing is that each 'accept' spawns its own set of Xenon (and reward). Imagine unleashing gPSG's on dozen K's. My PC back in 2005 could not take it and my pride about earning honest credits couldn't either. :goner:
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

fig
x2

Post by fig » Tue, 9. Feb 21, 23:30

It's a "feature". As a result, you can become rich beyond the dreams of Avarice (which is actually a thing in X3!) :)

fig
x2

Post by fig » Tue, 9. Feb 21, 23:35

One could exploit that; accept more than one mission offer simultaneously. Thing is that each 'accept' spawns its own set of Xenon (and reward).
This isn't recommended. It makes the chance of NPC stations getting destroyed even higher. They don't respawn unless they are shipyards or trading stations, so when they are destroyed they are gone forever. Also, it's buggy too: sometimes only one of the missions will complete, so you won't get paid for all the other kills.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”