Trump

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

mr.WHO
x4

Re: Trump

Post by mr.WHO » Wed, 18. Nov 20, 23:20

RegisterMe wrote:
Wed, 18. Nov 20, 22:42
@mr.Who

1. I've never seen that behaviour to be honest. Anybody who describes the WTO as an "imperialist tool of America" doesn't know what they're talking about.
3. Yeah, in the broad scale of things I think some scepticism is in order here, however Obama, literally, took (rightly) personal credit for getting China to sign up. That's no small thing. He did it. Nobody else.
4. I disagree.
5. No. He did not. The fact that he says he did is irrelevant.
6. Sorry, that's... somewhere between over simplistic and outright wrong. It just doesn't fly. I'm tired, and god knows I've written enough long posts on this forum about economics down the years. Still, if you're interested, and if I have the time / energy I can go into it in more detail (tomorrow though).
7. The WHO is a mess. But in large part that is down to the US (refusing to appoint new judges to adjudicate decisions so making it not quorum). Is the best way to deal with it to take your ball and walk away sulking, or to sit down, role your sleaves up, and get stuck in trying to fix it?
1. Funny because it was a stance of most non-western countries before Trump. I rolled my eye back the about it, but I was younger and more stupid. Now I can just say that irony in strong in that one.
3. I might be biased as Polish, but we have bad experince with people signing some grand diplomatic papers and then totally not abiding by them. Obama making China sign it doesn't mean a shit if China do not abide by it. They still don't abide it. the only difference is that this year they actually set a goal to actually move in that direction - wonder how's that Obama sucess?
4. elaborate.
5. The fact that final deal didn't come into effect is more on Congress side.
6. This is more academical discussion - you would be right if China would act as good faith actor. It like saying some things do not work because they don't work between law abiding citizens...while you try apply the comparison for mafia members. They simply abide by different standard which will work for them even, if it shouldn't work normally for us. West tried to deal with China using western standards and failed. Ujgurs, Tibet, Hong Kong you have plenty examples political, economical and diplomatical.
7. Then we agree on this. This one is clear on Trump.

RegisterMe wrote:
Wed, 18. Nov 20, 22:42
Still, if you're interested, and if I have the time / energy I can go into it in more detail (tomorrow though).
Same here, it's quite late and I'm making more spelling errors than usual :/

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Wed, 18. Nov 20, 23:28

mr.WHO wrote:
Wed, 18. Nov 20, 22:57
You people are seriously fixated on being polite and diplomatic, like it worked well shortly before WW2 :P
Only assholes push the world forward - for good and for bad.
Polite people usually can't do shit.
This is ridiculous. If you read the last any of my posts, where did I give you the impression I give a rats ass about being polite, especially to Trump or republicans? I do think there needs to be a bit of mutual respect between us and our allies, but not our enemies. Trump and his followers, along with Russia, China, North Korea, Al-Qaeda, ISIS, can all kiss my ass.
The Future is Progressive!
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Wed, 18. Nov 20, 23:49

Vertigo 7 wrote:
Wed, 18. Nov 20, 23:28
Trump and his followers, along with Russia, China, North Korea, Al-Qaeda, ISIS, can all kiss my ass.
Ahemm. From somewhere between 200 ft and 50,000 ft depending on whether you worked on Warthogs or B-52s :lol:
I can't breathe.

- George Floyd, 25th May 2020

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Wed, 18. Nov 20, 23:52

RegisterMe wrote:
Wed, 18. Nov 20, 23:49
Vertigo 7 wrote:
Trump and his followers, along with Russia, China, North Korea, Al-Qaeda, ISIS, can all kiss my ass.
Ahemm. From somewhere between 200 ft and 50,000 ft depending on whether you worked on Warthogs or B-52s :lol:
I worked on Tomahawks =p
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Thu, 19. Nov 20, 00:05

Vertigo 7 wrote:
Wed, 18. Nov 20, 23:52
RegisterMe wrote:
Vertigo 7 wrote:
I worked on Tomahawks =p
A minimum of a few hundred miles then :)
I can't breathe.

- George Floyd, 25th May 2020

mrbadger
x3tc

Post by mrbadger » Thu, 19. Nov 20, 11:00

Why hasn't the Republican party conceded on Trumps behalf?

I was under the impression they could. Also I thought if they didn't wouldn't this be a risky precedent for them to set? It might (probably would) be a tactic used against them in the future. After all they're withholding not just money, but vital information.

I'd have thought this behaviour would be illegal.
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. ... Niccolò Machiavelli

Grim Lock
x4

Post by Grim Lock » Thu, 19. Nov 20, 12:45

mrbadger wrote:
Thu, 19. Nov 20, 11:00
I'd have thought this behaviour would be illegal.
Nearly half of the Americans voted for this behaviour, the republicans are owned by their brainwashed cultist moron Trumpians. It's about feelings, not fact, as usual in the US.
Megatron: "You don't scare me, you mechanical throwbacks!"
GrimLock: "Good Megatron, we love stupid enemies"

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Thu, 19. Nov 20, 13:08

It's because corporate democrats started using silly catch phrases like "When they go low, we go high" instead of kicking them in the balls like they're asking for. They're going to let republicans continue to walk all over them.
rebellionpac.com

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Thu, 19. Nov 20, 14:00

If Trump thinks that the supreme court will help him, he is sadly mistaken. Seems that the supreme court isn't interested. Also there is only one major case that could be fast tracked, but has been turned down.

https://www.businessinsider.com/supreme ... ?r=US&IR=T

So if Trump thinks he will win this way, he probably hasn't got a chance.

So it will have to be the senate then. But I really hope they don't go against the will of the people.

Oh yes, there been some interesting findings regarding some tax returns,
nonprofit created to support President Donald Trump and his administration gave more than $2 million in 2019 to newly formed groups whose contacts with voters came under investigation in both Florida and North Carolina this year, according to a new tax filing from the group, America First Policies.
https://publicintegrity.org/politics/el ... ng-states/

Only problem, there is no direct link to Trump, but still, looks like he tried to use money to influence voters.
“America First’s operatives are hiding behind state-themed entities that give the appearance of being homegrown operations when, in actuality, the effort appears to be orchestrated by the dark money arm of Trump’s outside political operation of choice,” said Anna Massoglia, a researcher at the Center for Responsive Politics, which tracks money in politics. “The extra layers of opacity keep the group’s ties to a political operation endorsed by Trump himself largely hidden.”
=

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Thu, 19. Nov 20, 14:08

matthewfarmery wrote:
Thu, 19. Nov 20, 14:00
If Trump thinks that the supreme court will help him, he is sadly mistaken. Seems that the supreme court isn't interested. Also there is only one major case that could be fast tracked, but has been turned down.

https://www.businessinsider.com/supreme ... ?r=US&IR=T

So if Trump thinks he will win this way, he probably hasn't got a chance.

So it will have to be the senate then. But I really hope they don't go against the will of the people.

Oh yes, there been some interesting findings regarding some tax returns,
nonprofit created to support President Donald Trump and his administration gave more than $2 million in 2019 to newly formed groups whose contacts with voters came under investigation in both Florida and North Carolina this year, according to a new tax filing from the group, America First Policies.
https://publicintegrity.org/politics/el ... ng-states/

Only problem, there is no direct link to Trump, but still, looks like he tried to use money to influence voters.
“America First’s operatives are hiding behind state-themed entities that give the appearance of being homegrown operations when, in actuality, the effort appears to be orchestrated by the dark money arm of Trump’s outside political operation of choice,” said Anna Massoglia, a researcher at the Center for Responsive Politics, which tracks money in politics. “The extra layers of opacity keep the group’s ties to a political operation endorsed by Trump himself largely hidden.”
It'd be the house, not the senate, that would decide the election and of course the republicans would back Trump over what the people want. They've been doing it for 4 years, why stop now?
rebellionpac.com

felter
xr

Post by felter » Thu, 19. Nov 20, 14:34

Legal Eagle has done a good video on what happens if Trump refuses to leave the Whitehouse when it's time for him to leave.
Florida Man Makes Announcement.
We live in a crazy world where winter heating has become a luxury item.

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Thu, 19. Nov 20, 15:06

felter wrote:
Thu, 19. Nov 20, 14:34
Legal Eagle has done a good video on what happens if Trump refuses to leave the Whitehouse when it's time for him to leave.
Certainly an interesting video. But there is an even darker path, if Trump does get a second term, if the will of the people is ignored.

A lot can still happen before then.
=

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Thu, 19. Nov 20, 15:50

Those 2 racist GOP turds in Michigan... they're back at it again. They've signed affidavits saying they want to rescind their votes. The action itself is meaningless in the short term but it's part of Trump's effort to overturn the election and will be used in court later.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... id=BHEA000
rebellionpac.com

eladan
x4

Post by eladan » Thu, 19. Nov 20, 16:17

RegisterMe wrote:
Wed, 18. Nov 20, 21:25
* Trump pulling out of trade deals eg NAFTA / TPP
IMHO, and as a non-American, Trump's torpedoing of the TPP was one of the few good things he did. Of course, he did it for all the wrong reasons. But I'll still take it.

The problem with the TPP in particular, and other trade deals that the US has spearheaded, is that they have a bad habit of piggy-backing some of their more annoying laws into the deals, to force the rest of the world to have US-style laws. It's how we have utterly ridiculous copyright lengths in the majority of the world now, how they've spread the DMCA beyond the US, and also enabled some corporate sovereignty crap, just to name a few examples. The TPP negotiations were being done in strictest secrecy (which itself rang loud alarm bells) and from what we know of it from rare leaks, there were going to be some particularly unpleasant surprises hidden in it. (Healthcare was one thing mentioned - if that doesn't send shivers down the spine of non-Americans, I don't know what would!) Good riddance.
Last edited by eladan on Thu, 19. Nov 20, 16:22, edited 1 time in total.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Thu, 19. Nov 20, 16:20

RegisterMe wrote:
Vertigo 7 wrote:
Except that dropping milion dollar worth of munniton by a plane that costs hundred of thousand dollar per hour to blow a hut made of mud & shit is how empires fall in the long run.
Whole war on terror is absurd misallocation of USA resources for far too long. Someone would think USA would be smarter after Vietnam (albeit that wasn't economical defeat).

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Thu, 19. Nov 20, 16:28

mr.WHO wrote:
Thu, 19. Nov 20, 16:20
RegisterMe wrote:
Vertigo 7 wrote:
Except that dropping milion dollar worth of munniton by a plane that costs hundred of thousand dollar per hour to blow a hut made of mud & shit is how empires fall in the long run.
Whole war on terror is absurd misallocation of USA resources for far too long. Someone would think USA would be smarter after Vietnam (albeit that wasn't economical defeat).
The ignorance and racism of this statement is astounding. You need to stop.
rebellionpac.com

felter
xr

Post by felter » Thu, 19. Nov 20, 16:36

I have to say this. That MSN.com website has to be one of the worst websites going. The top of it is taking up with an advert to try and get you to use edge instead of the browser you are already using, like that is going to happen. Then you have the search engine underneath it, which just takes up more of the screen. Then to top it all up, when you are scrolling down the page to read the article, you get another bar opening up at the top of the page that covers up what you are trying to read. But not just that, because of all of this mess at the top of the page, which stays there all the time you have lost a quarter of your screen. Then if there is a video and you scroll down past it it, suddenly it opens up in the bottom right corner taking up even more of the screen. And of course at the bottom of the page, you have links to other web sites news stories but hidden in amongst them are links to adverts. And talking about those adverts, if they were UK adverts they would be in trouble, as they contain false and misleading advice or they are just plain 100% total lies, where here in the UK they would be prosecuted for making the claims they make. And to top it all up, the whole page looks horrible and looks like it was created by some teenage kid in his bedroom. And that is a site from a multi trillion dollar company, that is based around computing. :rant:
Florida Man Makes Announcement.
We live in a crazy world where winter heating has become a luxury item.

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Thu, 19. Nov 20, 16:40

felter wrote:
Thu, 19. Nov 20, 16:36
I have to say this. That MSN.com website has to be one of the worst websites going. The top of it is taking up with an advert to try and get you to use edge instead of the browser you are already using, like that is going to happen. Then you have the search engine underneath it, which just takes up more of the screen. Then to top it all up, when you are scrolling down the page to read the article, you get another bar opening up at the top of the page that covers up what you are trying to read. But not just that, because of all of this mess at the top of the page, which stays there all the time you have lost a quarter of your screen. Then if there is a video and you scroll down past it it, suddenly it opens up in the bottom right corner taking up even more of the screen. And of course at the bottom of the page, you have links to other web sites news stories but hidden in amongst them are links to adverts. And talking about those adverts, if they were UK adverts they would be in trouble, as they contain false and misleading advice or they are just plain 100% total lies, where here in the UK they would be prosecuted for making the claims they make. And to top it all up, the whole page looks horrible and looks like it was created by some teenage kid in his bedroom. And that is a site from a multi trillion dollar company, that is based around computing. :rant:
I use ublock origin and all I see is the news articles and little if any of the crap. Not just there but all over the web. Best add blocker I've ever seen.
rebellionpac.com

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Thu, 19. Nov 20, 16:41

Vertigo 7 wrote:
Thu, 19. Nov 20, 16:28
mr.WHO wrote:
RegisterMe wrote:

Depending how fragile you ego is, because this is can be as well prove that guys operating huts are far smarter than guys commanding multi-billion $ armies.
Afganistan is called graveyard of Empires for a reason and Vietnamese wear their victory over USA like a badge of honor.

Defeat of superior force by inferior one is well regarded no matter the race and religion and forcing enemy to use their resources wrong is also universal (from Sun Tzu, Clausevitz to ancient Babylon).

Trump want to reduce deployments in Iraq and Afganistan - well see if he will be sucessful and how Biden will pick up from there.

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Thu, 19. Nov 20, 16:44

mr.WHO wrote:
Thu, 19. Nov 20, 16:41
Vertigo 7 wrote:
Thu, 19. Nov 20, 16:28
mr.WHO wrote:

Depending how fragile you ego is, because this is can be as well prove that guys operating huts are far smarter than guys commanding multi-billion $ armies.
Afganistan is called graveyard of Empires for a reason and Vietnamese wear their victory over USA like a badge of honor.

Defeat of superior force by inferior one is well regarded no matter the race and religion and forcing enemy to use their resources wrong is also universal (from Sun Tzu, Clausevitz to ancient Babylon).

Trump want to reduce deployments in Iraq and Afganistan - well see if he will be sucessful and how Biden will pick up from there.
I don't care if it's a mass grave yard or not. The people in that country are not living in mud huts. Seriously, you need to stop with the racism. Take your ignorance back to the faux news comment sections where it belongs.
rebellionpac.com

Return to “Off Topic English”